The sealant is more a psychological factor and a belief issue. If you belief it helps, you'll be happy. It's not meant to prevent stone chips but if it keeps the bird sh*t from eating through my clear coat that's a definite plus.

I appreciate the input regarding self-application and it is one of the biggest desicion points. If it is indeed completely impossible for a novice I'm not going to do it myself, end of story. However, that doesn't prevent me from checking it out.

My car is not a garage queen which will occasionally be shown the sunshine. It's my daily driver on the motorway, and stone chips will happen. I have no garage where I live, and there are plenty of trees and birds around, not to mention people. Care-taking par excellence, immediate removal of bugs etc? Uhm.. not me. The exterior WILL see more abuse than that of other P cars and thus I am somewhat interested in protecting it from the getgo.

Generally I don't do aftermarket. However, those films intrigue me as they seem to provide an excellent protection layer. If it is reasonable invisible and the whole thing doesn't cost too much, I'm interested.