Quote:
nberry said:I read that drivers do better times with safety features on rather than off. The mental state of the driver may allow to perform better knowing full well that should he error the aids will grant him a reprieve.

Race mode must be just that then...tuned for the track, and not designed to save you on the street. If the algorithms are designed to allow what Mercedes would define as significat slip, then I can see them not being as annoying. But typically, for best lap times, the rear needs to be slipping slightly more than the front. Just my (short) experience anyway.

Saturday I believe is the monthly Carlsbad meet. Unfortunately we don't seem to see one another other than at that event.

BTW, I spun my Elise on Saturday. Base suspension and everthing. Wanted to see how forgiving it was in lift throttle situations on the track and around the back came. Once you figure out its behavior, the oversteer is very catchable, and progressive. Though it doesn't have even half of 500 hp, so it's relatively easy to drive compared to a high powered Porsche or Ferrari

- J