The seat slides and below it are 2 fans pushing and 2 fans pulling air across the large transducers which emulate wheel slip, brake locking, rpm and engine vibration. I have the cooling system thermostatically controlled based on the temps of the amps that control them. There are 3 x transducers on the rig and each is powered by a dedicated 90w mono channel amp running 2 ohms. The floor is "live" (i.e. floating timber) so the vibrations these create can be felt through the whole rig (and room). If you use external sound rather than headset then the sound is piped through a 500W soundbar with seperate subwoofer in the corner of the room. Turned up its at least as loud as a real Cup car!

The rig is not a motion rig. This is actually the key to fooling the brain. The top e-sport drivers drive non motion rigs. The issue is that the motion rigs cant accurately translate the telemetry channels consistently into realistic movement so when they glitch the is jerked out of immersion and the spell is broken. The best rigs use the screens, sound and small accurately interperated cues to fool the brain into believing everything is real.

Wit the room dark and the 1800R Odyssey monitor 600mm from the face, headphones on etc within moments you start to feel the Green Hell closing in on your especially in places like Kessel where the lighting above the rig and behind the monitors casts the changing shadows of the light through the trees on your arms in the cockpit and the walls behind the monitor...

Of course driving the real things is never going to be fully replicated by a SIM but if you have a well specced and set up rig youd be amazed at how well the brain can be fooled into believing you are getting 90% of the experience! 20% of folk who have a go on mine get motion sickness and the rig itself is not a motion platform!

There is a reason top e sport drivers who have never driven or raced a car in real life series are now becoming accomplished drivers in their rookie years. The transition can be real as evidenced in the last two years by successful GT3 Supercup and Formula 2 entrants...

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022 Toyota GR Yaris, 2021 992 GT3, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, 2009 Lotus Elise SC