Quote:
Jeff (in SF) said:

Wow, you're quite the b&w kinda guy aren't you? Do you have the PERFECT job? Is your wife without flaws too? Sorry, but nothing's perfect. We all have to make compromises and thus we buy, marry, and work at places that represent the best combination of attributes that are most important to us better than another alternative. I can't agree with your extremism on Jay Leno but I'll admit, I'm not perfect.

What does being perfect or not being perfect having to do with it? Leno is always preaching about the stick shift as the be all end all of transmissions for sporsts cars. He says that on interviews, and writes that in numerous magazine articles.
So, when he knocks the paddle shifts, because, of the electronic aid and then go out and buys an SLR with an automatic, I find that to be totally inconsistent. Afterall, nobody is making him buy and SLR and it's not like he needs and SLR to add to his extensive garage queen collection. Therefore, asking someone to practice what they preach is not extreme in any way.

But, just because he's a hero of yours doesn't mean you have to take offense at me for disagreeing with him.

Coincidently, I was watching the Tonight Show last night with Glen Close as guess. She asked Jay about getting a car for herself and Jay's response was: "get a corvette convertible and make sure its a stick." Yeah, stick...stick to comedy Jay!