Quote:
JohnA said:
Ewi, when I picked the car up it had 25 miles on the odometer, I was interested because there was a thread at the time asking what would be on the odometer at delivery and it was pointed out that Porsche will have road tested the cars and there would be a few miles on, I am sure the dealer wasn't driving it around because I was aware of delivery and saw it prepared.
The trip cannot be reset (at least not by me) to show the odometer at zero, I have reset the trip a few times to zero but I would not have thought it would have any effect.

Having 25 mls on the odometer does not necessarily mean that it hasn't been reset to zero before by Porsche Germany. Anyway, I have another theory. It might have something to do with rounding errors. PCM and instrument cluster are different control units done by different companies. PCM is done by Becker and the instrument cluster probably by Siemens VDO (my 993 instrument cluster is done by VD0, so I assume they still do it for the 997). So, it might be a problem of implementing the same thing in two different ways. In case of rounding errors I would assume that the difference you are noticing will increase with the number of miles you drive.
ewi