Quote:
Sarnico 45 said:
I don't understand You, RC.
When I post my short and unprofessional review about powerkit, You were very cold.
Then You tested a CT with powerkit and write a beautifull test talking about "pro and contro".
And the second wins.
You always talk about a great waste of money.
Then you discover that in the kit there are more than 72 parties and now it's a good opportunity and a CT owner could take it if doesn't sell the car in 12 months.
I really don't understand you.
The powerkit give a good improvement to CT and, but isn't free, the cost is, less or more and in Italy, about 12/14 % of the cost of the CT but I think that you could obtain something more when You resale the car.
Unfortunately Porsche didn't solve the initial acceleration problem, but this is another story.

Bye

I'm sorry if I didn't sound too passionate about the powerkit but this has a reason: especially the powerkit brake should be a standard option for ALL Cayenne Turbo, not only for the powerkit because sooner or later, heavy fading/rubbing will occur and even if Porsche paid for the "destroyed" brake discs (exchanged after 9000 km, they had little cracks!), it will happen again.

What do you expect me to say? I like the powerkit but I don't like the price tag, especially since I think the brakes should be standard and the power increase itself is only caused by a modified software and two new intercoolers.
So I have to pay 15000 Euro for a few suspension mods only, at least this is what I have all the time in my mind and this makes it pretty tough for me to show any passion.

I decided to go for the powerkit mainly because of the brakes and suspension mods (incl. the better steering feel).
It is a lot of money but on a longterm run, it "pays off" regarding fun. Of course only if you keep your truck longer than one year.
We decided to pass on the facelift and go for a powerkit retrofit instead. I want to keep the "family car" at least for another three years, so it really makes sense to get the powerkit, including the brake upgrade.

And the truth is: you don't get the powerkit cost back when you try to sell the car. Most buyers don't have a clue about the components of this kit and how braking and handling performance improves. This is why I cannot recommend a retrofit if someone plans to sell the car after one year or so. It is wasted money in my opinion...unless you have enough of it and don't really care. I have two little kids, a real life job (business has slowed down), my wife works too in her new business, so we can't afford NOT to look at cost. The question for us was: do we keep the Cayenne Turbo for a longer period of time or do we go for the facelift? Since the Cayenne Turbo is our family car and since I plan to go for a 997 Turbo sooner or later, it didn't make any sense to go for the CT facelift next year and loose a lot of money on the current CT. My wife gets her Boxster S soon, I have my 997 Carrera S right now, the family car is important but not really THAT important that I want to spend much more money on it.
Retrofitting the powerkit and keeping the CT for another three years is the best solution in my opinion.
I would "loose" more than the retrofit cost if I would go for the facelift next year.

So for now, our Cayenne "needs" are satisfied. I'm 40 now and I want to have some sportscar fun too before I get too old to be able to drive one safely the way I do.
So the priorities changed, the 997 Turbo is on my mind now.
My wife will keep her Boxster S for around 4 years, so I really don't have to worry about the family car or the wife's car anymore and can "concentrate" on my car in two years or so. You get the point...