Paul Ricard is a lovely circuit for training. Fond memories there. First time I spun a 918 at speed entering the Mistral straight from turn 7, completely 360 and keep going. Amazingly forgiving circuit. 

Also the first time I had experienced a Cayenne turbo S completely sideways through every corner, after I got off the taxi ride I called my dealer and order one, immediately.

Also the first time going vertical, up AND down, in a helicopter, flew by Airbus' chief test pilot. Never been more scared in my life. 

The attached hotel and air strip are a great convenience. Fly in, a short tunnel and boom at the hotel already. But also means it's a dick measuring contest, who got the bigger jet on the tarmac. 

But even flying into Nice and helicopter in is not too bad, beats the 2hr car ride from Nice airport. 

But as a racing circuit, hmmm. One can really feel fearless racing there, so much room to bail and enhanced grip outside the white line. 

With superior cars, overtaking is super easy on the Mistral straight. But in equal cars, there is basically one fast line through the whole circuit and even if one can get a superior exit, terminal speed dictates that a passing isn't possible. To pass someone means doing a Verstappen. Either you crash into me or you give up into corners. 

I hope they have a wet race. That's where skills comes into play more, not cars. 

--