Quote:
I've enjoyed the community on this and those "other" p-car boards, and will still be around, but not as actively as before (anyone know any good AMG boards?). And sometime in the future, I get another Porsche--maby a 997. As Arnold said, I'll be back !!

First at all, congrats. Nice car (well, I think I know this car from somewhere... ).

This AMG Forum can work nicely if we get more contributors.
There is a good AMG forum on www.mbworld.org but I've been asked by one of the moderators to keep a low profile because I would "advertise Rennteam.com" and they look upon us as a competitor. Seems they overlooked that we don't have any commercial background of whatever sort but I don't try to find an explenation for that anymore.

I have the knowledge and I have the car and I could provide a lot of information. But my problem is: nobody asks.
So as long as E55 owners don't want to contribute to this forum, it will stay pretty empty. I read the E55 forum on mbworld.org and most posts are regarding how fantastic the E55 is and how many street races owners seem to win, even against motorcycles. For me as a former 996 Turbo with 543 HP+ owner and former pro rallye sport racer, this is somehow kiddy play. I also don't understand why some E55 owners want to make a race car out of their nice high power limousine. This is actually what makes the E55 that attractive, if I want a race car, I buy a GT3, GT2 or a Ferrari. But anyway: every E55 owner is welcomed to contribute to this forum, we need any post and any help we can get. I might not have an answer to all questions but at least I have a place where I can ask. I'll be at the AMG factory around June and if somebody has questions, it is NOW the time to ask.