Quote:
gnil said:
Sorry , hit the wrong button!!

Carlos:
What is the RoW M030 option?
My reason to think about the 997 C4S is also my tendency to allways want to go to the limits ( and it will be also my first Porsche)...hoping it can help me not to learn the hard way to control my right foot better! We have great mountain roads around here ( a little bit like the one we see on your birthday photo with the GSX)...and I love to go up and down, up and down....
Now I do understand that the 997 has better traction than 996, and that PSM does help a lot and I will order the sports chassis on either model.
How can you already predict the ' not nice handling' of the 997 C4S ?
I know 305 tyres seem way too much... but we do not know how much heavier it will be ! The 0 to 100 km/h is the same, so what have they done to keep these figures?
Caled my dealer a few minutes ago.. delivery time for a 997 C2S now would be october , 997 C4S october/november.
The price difference would pay for the X51 option!!
See.... I am still torn.. but will get to the right choice soon, I am shure!

Gnill,
The RoWM030 is the -10mm sport suspension for the 996 C2/C4.

The tires will be 305 but that doens't depend on the weight, it depends of the power of the car and its weight & power distribution. The C4S would need even less rear tires than the C2S (which are already huge) becuase its AWD, so haveing even larger tires won't precisely help out.

The handling of the 997C4S will be to the 997C2S what the 996C4 is to the 996C2, so that part is predictable, and it will probably be even a bit more difference in the 997C4S' case since the 996C4 was very light (just 50kg more), tires choices were more performance oriented, and the 996C2 does not have the traction of the 997 nor the rear LSD of the -20mm.
But I don't want you to believe that the handling of the 997C4S would be bad, thats crazy, you will be haoppy with either car, its just a bit different with each. Probably something in between the 996C4 and the 996C4S you tried on the track, but with a 997 chasis and evolution.
Also something to consider is that it seems you can get the -20mm on the C4S so that could change things a bit and make it sportier and more RWD like