Quote:
gnil said:

But now I have a big problem again
After lots of hesitations a few weeks ago, I preordered a 997 C4S, thinking I will need the 4 for the winter conditions around here... but, I like the feel of the C2 today so much, 996 C4 was ok, 996 C4S was disapointing. So, I don't know what to da again. I know I was on a track with perfect weather conditions.... Would I notice so much difference on the roads? Do I realy need the 4WD on cold, slippery roads? Should I think about having a second car to drive when the weather is too bad?
And what about the -20mm ??? Loved it on the trac. The PASM car felt safer, as I felt PASM helped correct the 'mistakes', but it also took some 'wibe' away.
I will drive my car maybe only once a year on a track....
What a great day....but now I am even more confused then before

Hi!

I got the same "problem" like you, gnil. But I don't really need 4WD, but I like the wider body... I will have to see, how the C4S will look in real, if I don't see any real optical diferences to the 2WD Carrera S than I'll go for the 997 Carrera S (but also here I'm not sure... should I take the sport suspension or the PASM... It will be my first 911).

Last but not least to answere your question (underlined )... I would always think of a allday-secondary-car, if the weather conditions are to bad you can leave your Porsche at home. That's how I'll do it... it doesn't care, who does the driving-mistake when the weather is to "slippery", the result will be the same... a crashed 911 . Ok, ok... it would be even more worse if someone gets injured.
Maybe you should even think of this point?! This helped me to decide to have another older car beside the 911.

Greetings