Quote:
2004 model year seem to have one important options which isn't avaliable in the 2003, DVD Command System, they didn't officially announce 7G transmission yet, if most of the V8 will going to get it during 2004 production.. Why won't AMG model line have one?

Some rumors I heard, SL55 will be replaced by SL65, how about E55?

I should be alittle patient, no point to rush into it yet.

The only thing available for MY 2004 is the COMAND system, a DVD based navigation system with the option of an incorporated Sirius Satellite Radio (almost 600 USD plus monthly fee of around 13 USD). There are some rumored SBC improvements (mostly software, can be retrofitted as far as I heard) but nothing more.
The SL65 will not replace the SL55. The SL65 will cost much more than the SL55, it is more like a SL55 supercar.
There are rumors that the entire "55" class gets new engines by 2005, supercharged V8 engines with direct fuel injection and 520-560 HP. But as always, rumors have to be taken with a grain of salt.
William, why not go for the SL65? A Cab with 612 HP sounds great, doesn't it? It still won't be the kind of sports car you might want to own but at least you'll have a real power monster. Add a SL350 badge to it and people at University won't care too much about your car.

Regarding the 300 kph speed limit raise: it is only available at AMG in Affalterbach directly and it can be ordered (and retrofitted!) only to cars from markets where the 300 kph speed limit raise is approved. It is not approved for the US market, so you can't officially retrofit it, even if you bring your car to AMG in Affalterbach. Seems to have something to do with legal concerns.

Regarding the 7-speed auto tranny: I'm pretty sure there will be a 7-speed auto tranny on AMG models sooner or later. Marketing-wise it wouldn't be a good idea to offer the 7-speed on the E500, SL500, etc. but not on the AMG models. However I'm not sure how much of an advantage this would bring to the high torque engines.