Quote:
Exactly! I couldn't agree more. Off-road driving can be a lot of fun and some minor scrapes on the car are not going to concern me. Maybe there are some forum members that simply don't have any interesting places to go off-road near them.

Well, in Germany we're very very limited by the law and/or environmental regulations.
I still think that the Cayenne doesn't really need real off-road capabilities, especially not the Turbo.
Maybe Porsche should have done what they wanted to do at the beginning: offering an optional off-road package at additional cost. Most people who own a Cayenne are using it for the family, towing or both. A very few number of owners go off-roading in their expensive Turbo. There are a lot of fine SUVs in the US who are better equipped for off-roading and they're much cheaper. I agree that it is nice to know that you can if you want to but if you really don't have the chance to, why accept the disadvantages like more weight and higher fuel consumption?
Imagine a Cayenne Turbo without real off-road capabilities but a weight below 2000 kg. Wow, it would probably have the same performance as a 996 and maybe even better.

Don't get me wrong, guys. I probably know the Cayenne much better than most owners here but I'm still mad at Porsche that they didn't achieve a lower weight and a more attractive (not to say: courageous) design. But I also understand that people who bought it, (have to) love it.