Quote:
ben, lj said:
Quote:
CarreraGtRacer said:
Quote:
Ferdie said:
Quote:
CarreraGtRacer said:
...I would be happy with a Carrera GT and 612 horses but anything over that is just retarded

No, it's not! It is well known, as said before, that the CGT engine is rather on the safe side in terms of reliability. If using this engine in the ALMS or at LeMans, what it was originally destined for, it would have to endure 24 hours at the very limit and would still have to run fine. So it is pretty obvious to me that they COULD do more if necessary. I applaude Porsche to stick to their philosophy and remain the power output on a solid level - I could imagine they also did this with an eye on the transmission! I could imagine the tempation to bring it to Enzo power and performance numbers must have been tempting in Stuttgart!

I am not sure if this would be a sacrilege since tuning a 996 Turbo engine is developed by the very same passionate and superb engineers, isn't it?

On the other hand RC is definately right that most people (me included) should first learn to drive the CGT before starting any modifications (if any at all).

I'm aware of the fact the engine could handle more then 612hp but people are having a hard time 612hp...imagine what people will do with 700-1000hp...this car is a beast...tame it first then ask for more.

i'd like more now please

Rock on man...I think you deserve my screen name more then I do