Grant:

I think it's a very cool car and I can understand why some people think this is the best offering in years. 

If I was going to be really petty and look for reasons to complain, I would say that it would make the perfect car for the road, except it's a little too stiff and has no Manual gearbox option.

And I would say it's the perfect car for the track, except it has a suspension (4 struts and narrow front track with only 8.5" wheels) that keep it from handling as well as it should at full cornering load and it costs pretty much the same as the GT3 which is the better track car for some people.

The things that make this car particularly (uniquely) cool in my eyes are the superb gearing (best ratios of any Porsche), the massive intake noise, and the small proportions (close to same size as 992 on outside, but much more intimate and racy on the inside).

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

A friend who owns a 992 GT3 tried a GT4 RS on track.

His comments were : hugely fun car to drive. Noise intake is madness. See it as a future collector. 

He still prefers his GT3 because of the better torque, better front axle and better stability.  But finds the 4RS more playful as the car moves around a little bit but not in a scary manner even with the aids turned off.