Quote:
timpalms said:
Hey guys, I am a Porsche salesperson. If I don't know the customer previously I will drive first and push the car a little so they can get a feel for what it drives like. I find that most non-porsche owners shift the cars at 2500 RPM's and just lag them around. Most people who own Porsche's (and other sports cars in general) tend to be a little more aggressive and drive them properly.
I typically won't lend someone a car overnight, or for 4 hours or anything, but I will let them drive either alone or with a friend. This is when most people are more comfortable in the car where they feel no pressure, and if their wife is there they can discuss things in confidence.
Also, I try to refrain from freeways as much as possible and focus on driving the car around this road we have that is a 7-mile forested hill with nothing but switchbacks and great corners. Not to mention you can see the whole Waikiki skyline from the lookout at the end. This is my two cents. I don't know if it's worth 2 cents to anybody but I thought I would share my experiences.

Thanks. Thats an interesting perspective since you get to drive with many different people who are testing the car.