Quote:
nberry said:
on the planet. For the longest time I have been aware of their pro-Porsche bias. However in their recent issue they out did themselves.

They test drove the 430 Spider, The Merci Conv. and the Zonda conv. The writer spends the entire article finding and dwelling on all their faults. A kind word, if given, is immediately followed with criticism. The only positve comment in the article was when he was referencing the GT3RS.

They also review the new Porsche Cab and complain about the need for it in light of the Boxster S but yet give it highest marks.

Mind you two other British magazines have reviewed the 430 Spider (EVO and Top Gear) and they rave about the car.

Italian car manufacturers should boycott Car Magazine by claiming it is nothing more than another Christophorus. What a joke in journalism it has become.

About CAR, I agree, they have gone down big time over the last couple of years.
Their tests are now bad IMHO and they spread all sort of ridiculous rumors!
Read the respected Autocar article test of the 430 by Porsche crazy Chris Harris.
He writes it's the best sports car in the world and that he can't see how it can be bettered by any car!
Also, he praises the F1 box whereas he's not a fan.
See? It's no all bad.
At the end of the day, we all know that journalists are always biast. Take it with a grain of salt Nick!
You're getting an awesome car (although I personally dislike the styling! )