Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

My review of the LP560-4

My local dealer was kind enough to loan me a 560-4 while my LP640 was in for it's annual service. After a few days behind the wheel, here are my impressions of the car.

After having the previledge of keeping the car for a couple days. I got a feeling of what it is like to live with a LP560-4. Having the experience of living with the car, is so much more profound than a mere test drive. You get to feel what the car is like in all aspects of your day to day livelihood.

I'm not going to go into too much depth with the car as I think the thread by Auto-Purveyor sums up the car quite well.

First of all the looks. I find the looks of both, the Gallardo and LP560-4 as pleasing as the other. Obviously my opinion would be biased. I really appreciate the extra effort Lamborghini put into the assembly of the car. It does feel as if more time and thought has been put into the final product. I am really liking the new headlights and tail lights. Definitely gives the car a more sophisticated and modern look.

The steering is far lighter in the new LP560 than it's predecessor. You can easily turn it with one hand with very little effort. Good luck trying to do that smoothly in the original Gallardo! The engine still has that raspiness and is obnoxiously loud on startup, as per the original Gallardo, but once things have warmed up - it is more smooth. The e-gear has also been significantly improved, it is not nearly as jerky as the previous version. I think the only place that hasn't improved (or maybe it's just me), are the brakes - the original Gallardo's brakes I found were quite adequate, so it's not a negative - just merely an observation.

Now for the performance! The car is definitely MUCH quicker than the original Gallardo. I would say this rivals the LP640 on a straight line, I think the LP640 only has the edge on top speed as the gears are longer. On a track, it would leave the LP640 behind IMO. The corsa mode, I was unaware of until somebody on the forum was kind enough to point it out (thanks Mo!). Turn it on and all hell breaks loose! The gearbox suddenly becomes alive, the shifts turn into fractions of a second and the car pulls like a freight train down the side of a cliff!

All in all, I was very happy with the car. Lamborghini did a great job! Thanks again to my great Lambo dealer - who was kind enough to throw me the keys without a second thought.

I hope it was a worth while and enjoyable read for you all.

Now for the best part! The photos

PS. I love my new Nikon! I just wish I knew all the features. I need to hit the manual this weekend

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x852.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x852.

Re: My review of the LP560-4

Thanks for the review Mike. i personally like this car a lot, i'm a Ferrari person at heart but this car just hits a soft spot with me. The color combo is breathtaking ! what color is that? you should just tell your dealer you're gonna keep it and be done with it 

PS: Funny how you posted a thread on a review of a car you don't own and still owe us a review on a couple ones you do actually own 

Mike S:.

I thought you would say: I bought one. Smiley

Great report Mike, LP560-4 is a great car, definitely one of the top five sportscars currently available. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Enmanuel:

Thanks for the review Mike. i personally like this car a lot, i'm a Ferrari person at heart but this car just hits a soft spot with me. The color combo is breathtaking ! what color is that? you should just tell your dealer you're gonna keep it and be done with it 

PS: Funny how you posted a thread on a review of a car you don't own and still owe us a review on a couple ones you do actually own 

No problem. I know I'm guilty of that haha. I wrote this one now as I know the car will be going back today. The SL and V12 will still be here for a long time, the review will come - don't worry!

Rossi:

Great report Mike, LP560-4 is a great car, definitely one of the top five sportscars currently available. Smiley

Thanks Rossi! Smiley

Great pics and a good review Mike. Unusual to see a Gallardo in Grigio Altair these days. I passed on the Balloon White 560-4 I ordered back in 2008 and took the Scuderia instead. I don't have any regrets other than I never had the chance to drive the new model to compare it against the Gallardos I previously owned. The dealer didn't seem keen to let me have a go after I told him I wasn't taking it

Rossi:

LOL Smiley

Thanks for the nice review Mike - I especially like to read your perspective since you are used to driving and owning such a wide range of current cars Smiley

Please share your thoughts with us more often SmileySmileySmiley

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Mike S:

All in all, I was very happy with the car. Lamborghini did a great job! Thanks again to my great Lambo dealer - who was kind enough to throw me the keys without a second thought.

Mike, thanks for the great report. The LP560 is indeed similiarly fast as the LP640. So... did you make any decision to change the Gallardo for it?

That particular colour looks actually very, very interesting. It appears to pick up a lot of surrounding colour and therefore changes appearance quite easily. Not sure if I´d take this on a Lamborghini but looking very decent for itself.

Fantastic photos! Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the write-up Mike! and great photos BTW

--

ISUK:

Great pics and a good review Mike. Unusual to see a Gallardo in Grigio Altair these days. I passed on the Balloon White 560-4 I ordered back in 2008 and took the Scuderia instead. I don't have any regrets other than I never had the chance to drive the new model to compare it against the Gallardos I previously owned. The dealer didn't seem keen to let me have a go after I told him I wasn't taking it

Thanks Isuk, glad you enjoyed it. I must say in the beginning, I didn't fully appreciate the colour. I would normally go for Verde Ithaca or Arancio Atlas. It grew on me as the days went by. It was quite nice not to have every single person lunging out their windows to try get a peak. The silver is quite stealthy Smiley

Go take a drive! I'm sure your dealer will be happy to see you at times like these Smiley I got a call today to test drive the Panamera for the hell of it Smiley

easy_rider911:
    Rossi:

LOL Smiley

Thanks for the nice review Mike - I especially like to read your perspective since you are used to driving and owning such a wide range of current cars Smiley

Please share your thoughts with us more often SmileySmileySmiley

Always a pleasure easy, I will try do more reviews in future. It was quite entertaining to take the photos Smiley

Ferdie:
    Mike S:

Mike, thanks for the great report. The LP560 is indeed similiarly fast as the LP640. So... did you make any decision to change the Gallardo for it?

That particular colour looks actually very, very interesting. It appears to pick up a lot of surrounding colour and therefore changes appearance quite easily. Not sure if I´d take this on a Lamborghini but looking very decent for itself.

Hi Ferdie, no plans to swap anything for the LP560. I told the dealer beforehand, that I wasn't interested in adding anything right now. It is a phenomenal car though!

Thanks Joe/Carlos! Wait until I really get a hang of my new camera

Enmanuel:

Hee hee, I thought of the same Smiley

Good review Mike, thank you Smiley

How is it against your SL?

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

How would you compare it to the R8 V10?

Like others have said your night time picture taking skills have improved dramatically. These are very well done.

I like the center console look in this car and the paint appears to be like battleship grey. 

Mike S:

Go take a drive! I'm sure your dealer will be happy to see you at times like these Smiley I got a call today to test drive the Panamera for the hell of it Smiley

Mike,

I wandered into my dealer about 4 months back. The Lamborghini sales staff have changed (one guy left to go on a round the world trip at the start of the crash in December 2008, the other left to work at the Lamborghini head office in Sant'agata). I wandered around the showroom which was totally empty except for the dozen or so staff there, two of whom on the Bentley side I know from my previous dealings there. Not one person asked me if they could help Smiley There were three new cars on the floor that I may have been interested in and one pre-registered car with delivery miles at a knock down price.

I left as they evidently couldn't be bothered to make an easy sale in the middle of a severe down turn and won't be going back anytime soon. Had the guys I dealt with previously still been there they'd have made sure I didn't walk away.

I shall stick with Ferrari going forward......... well for the time being anyway Smiley

Iain

ISUK

... Not one person asked me if they could help Smiley .... I left as they evidently couldn't be bothered to make an easy sale in the middle of a severe down turn 

Simply incredible - we all know just how many sales guys have been made redundant during the recession. You would think they would be positively jumping at the chance to make some money so that they can not only survive in their jobs but also treat this as an opportunity to progress career-wise.

It's very short-sighted - when businesses scale back in the downturn, the people that survive in their jobs are in prime position to get promotion once the downturn ends and those businesses start hiring new people again. It's another way to get promoted without moving to a new company...

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

ISUK:
    Mike S:

Mike,

I wandered into my dealer about 4 months back. The Lamborghini sales staff have changed (one guy left to go on a round the world trip at the start of the crash in December 2008, the other left to work at the Lamborghini head office in Sant'agata). I wandered around the showroom which was totally empty except for the dozen or so staff there, two of whom on the Bentley side I know from my previous dealings there. Not one person asked me if they could help Smiley There were three new cars on the floor that I may have been interested in and one pre-registered car with delivery miles at a knock down price.

I left as they evidently couldn't be bothered to make an easy sale in the middle of a severe down turn and won't be going back anytime soon. Had the guys I dealt with previously still been there they'd have made sure I didn't walk away.

I shall stick with Ferrari going forward......... well for the time being anyway Smiley

Iain

Which dealership was that Iain?

Birmingham

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/3/24 7:04 PM
    watt
    603096 1768
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    383957 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    252588 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 2/22/24 5:12 PM
    GT-Boy
    214901 291
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    46315 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 2/19/24 9:07 AM
    RCA
    2351 25
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

844268 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    734705 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM