Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2010 Australian F1 Grand Prix in Melbourne

The British obviously love Jenson more.

It's very evident whom they prefer to carry the Union Jack, now that there is choice

Jenson-Button-4_2374309.jpglewis-hamilton.jpg

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Hamilton makes peace with McLaren

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8593687.stm

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

McLaren's in house fight has just started! This will be a very interesting season for this battle alone! 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd 2.0L 136 hp (120lb-ft) CD silver on grey (sold)
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

easy_rider911:

Hamilton makes peace with McLaren

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8593687.stm

I think its more like McLaren set Hamilton staright behind closed doors and told him to watch his tantrums. But I suspect it will only get worse if it turns out that Button is able to deliver any opposition in the track.

--

Here's a cool video from Melbourne, the SLS AMG Safety Car is going flat out down the pitstraight while the F1 cars are just cruising behind it SmileySmiley

--

10 PRINT "997.2 Carrera S rules"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

Atzporsche:

McLaren's in house fight has just started! This will be a very interesting season for this battle alone! 

Do you think that Massa will stand up to Alonso? He appears to me very hungry this year after last year's accident.

--

True actually, he seemed very driven after last race in the interview. Happy he is doing way better than in the past, he will really give Alonso a run too i suspect but it might be less of competition. Alonso can prove to me why he won a championship!! Over at McLaren both are winners already and seem to have a lot of freedom to make their own strategies, making it more personal.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

I think it will be calm for now between Massa and Alonso after what Alonso did for him in this GP, he not only didn't attempt to pass him even though Alonso was lapping significantly faster than him and maybe even could of reached Button, but also held off Hamilton and Webber, which would of passed Massa otherwise since Massa traditionally is not at good at closing doors as Kubica or Alonso. That doesn't mean that down the line we will see some drama, but its more like to happen between Button-Hamilton or even Schumacher-.Rosberg IMO, and right know everybody is happy at the Ferrari camo, and its easy to get along when things are going well.

--

Carlos from Spain:

I think it will be calm for now between Massa and Alonso after what Alonso did for him in this GP, he not only didn't attempt to pass him even though Alonso was lapping significantly faster than him and maybe even could of reached Button, but also held off Hamilton and Webber, which would of passed Massa otherwise since Massa traditionally is not at good at closing doors as Kubica or Alonso. That doesn't mean that down the line we will see some drama, but its more like to happen between Button-Hamilton or even Schumacher-.Rosberg IMO, and right know everybody is happy at the Ferrari camo, and its easy to get along when things are going well.

+1.  I don't think we will see either McLaren boys do what Alonso did for Massa this seaon.

--

Atzporsche:  I don't think we will see either McLaren boys do what Alonso did for Massa this seaon.

Oh, boy, imagine if Hamilton was in the place of Alonso... he would of driven the car right over Massa "Big Foot style" if he had to Smiley

Its funny because I think that the Alonso of 5 years ago would of viciously attacked Massa without hesitation, with a "get out of the way" hand wave as he overtook him, and maybe crossed some words with him afterwards. Instead he  did not only not attack Massa (wether following team orders or by his own desition) but also looked genuinely happy after the race and very satisfied with the 4th place, the complete opposite of Hamilton. He is no De La Rosa but looks like the McLaren year and the two following years struggling with a medicocre car with no rewards for his efforts made him more mature Smiley

--

MacLaren traditionally always employ 2 top drivers running as 2 separate entity, while Ferrari always runs with a clear #1 and a supporting driver. But with Massa showing he can be top dog too last year vs Kimmi, this year he is not going to play dead to Alonso. Ever since Alonso signed the dotted line with Ferrari, he expects himself to be the top dog, and expects the whole team to revolve around him just like his years at Renault. My guess is Alonso was expecting the team to help him during the race but when the order never came, he knew then and there he will have to prove himself in order to be treated as #1 at Ferrari.

I don't really see him as being contend finishing behind Massa, it's more like he was unable to get pass him. If Alonso was as good as people say he is, he should have no trouble dispatching Massa in a equal car, maybe he isn't as good as people expected and he definitely needs a superior car in order to win.

It could also be the fact that  Ferrari's tires were completely crapped out, thus neither Alonso can mount a challenge to Massa nor Massa mounting a challenge to Button or even Kubica.

Had Webber not made a bonehead move on Hamilton, pretty sure he would have taken Alonso's spot, it was only a matter or time. Alonso was clearly rattled by Hamilton and beginning to make mistakes.

easy_rider911:

How could I forget - the important celebrities photo gallery from Melbourne

http://www.planetf1.com/photo-gallery/6059667/Celebs-On-The-Grid-In-Oz#photo=0

Miss Poland looks stunning IMO

Smiley Miss Poland is indeed stunningly beautiful! If only Kubica had the looks to bag that one Smiley

Porker:
    easy_rider911:

How could I forget - the important celebrities photo gallery from Melbourne

http://www.planetf1.com/photo-gallery/6059667/Celebs-On-The-Grid-In-Oz#photo=0

Miss Poland looks stunning IMO

Smiley Miss Poland is indeed stunningly beautiful! If only Kubica had the looks to bag that one Smiley

What I want to know is, why are Polish girls so beautiful, yet look at Kubica...SmileySmiley

WAY below the belt mate.

--

Atzporsche:

WAY below the belt mate.

Smiley

Kubica is of Polish nationality but he must have jewish blood.

His look is typical of some eastern european jews and I am not saying this in a derogatory or racist way at all.

Also the surname Kubica is a usual Polish/Czech jewish family name derived from Kuba a nickname from Jakub (Jacob). Several holocaust victims had the name Kubica.

I like Kubica as a driver and because he spent years in Italy he appears friendly and outgoing.

--

Schumi insists he can compete

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8594111.stm

BBC's Mark Hughes on Alonso at Ferrari

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8593478.stm 

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

reginos:

His look is typical of some eastern european jews and I am not saying this in a derogatory or racist way at all.

What purpose besides derogatory or racist could your comment probably have? There is no "jewish look", as being a jew is a religion and says nothing about your ethnic background.

But I agree with you, Kubica seems to be a nice guy. And he is a good driver who had no luck with the car so far, and still quietly produced good results.  I'm impressed by his second place, he deserved it.

Eunice:
    reginos:

What purpose besides derogatory or racist could your comment probably have? There is no "jewish look", as being a jew is a religion and says nothing about your ethnic background.

But I agree with you, Kubica seems to be a nice guy. And he is a good driver who had no luck with the car so far, and still quietly produced good results.  I'm impressed by his second place, he deserved it.

The point that was raised earlier is why Kubica doesn't look Polish.

All races and nationalities have their own physical (and psychological) attributes which are obvious to see. Why are we questioning this fact. Actually, if anything this adds flavour to the human race.

Racism comes in if we try to insult or ridicule someone for his appearance.

--

reginos:
    Eunice:
    reginos:

All races and nationalities have their own physical (and psychological) attributes which are obvious to see. Why are we questioning this fact. Actually, if anything this adds flavour to the human race.

I did not deny the fact that we humans are quite colorful and different from one another, but your religion does not determine your looks. Your parents do, and their parents and so on.

Atzporsche:

Yep...I somewhat agree. In personality Button and Hamilton are to different, though also their driving style. Smells like a ground for a fight. Hopefully more on track rather on tabloids. On the orther side... the english press will for sure put some fire onto that battle as well.

I was impressed in different ways by both drivers during the Australia Grand Prix. If Hamilton can streer his  ambition on track and agressive drive style into the right funnel, he can often make a difference in a race. So does Button with his mature and solid car handling...no other driver leveraged the used tyres as much as Button did. Really I was amazed by his driving, even if he would has finished 2nd behind Vettel.

What I want to know is, why are Polish girls so beautiful, yet look at Kubica...SmileySmiley

...Smiley just concentrate on the girls!

Eunice:
    reginos:
    Eunice:
    reginos:

I did not deny the fact that we humans are quite colorful and different from one another, but your religion does not determine your looks. Your parents do, and their parents and so on.

Jewish people are a nation an ethnoreligious group originating from the Hebrews and Israelites of ancient near east.  Actually Jewish people are very proud of their ethnos and it is their premise for wanting a pure Israeli state not mixed with Arabs. It is not like Christianity that is a multinational religion.

That's why you can easily tell an American Jew (with 95%+ recognition rate) like you can tell an American of Anglo-Saxon origin or one of Latin origin.

--

Whoopsy:

I don't really see him as being contend finishing behind Massa, it's more like he was unable to get pass him. If Alonso was as good as people say he is, he should have no trouble dispatching Massa in a equal car, maybe he isn't as good as people expected and he definitely needs a superior car in order to win.

Good summary Whoopsy.

Obviously its still very difficult to overtake, as we seen in several examples during the last 2 races....even there had been examples its possible. On the other side, I share the view regarding Alosno. Okay, after his terrible start a fourth place is fine....on the other side, going for 31laps behind your team mate, should not (always) be the right approach if you want to go for the No.1 in the team or for the title race. I doubt that Vettel or Hamilton would have been waited that long in Alonsos position.  There will be further opportunities for Alonos to proof how good he really is.

Furthermore I think, the driver pairing at Ferrari is hot and may explode during the season. I doubt that Massa would accept at that stage of the season to step behind Alonso.

reginos:
    Jewish people are a nation an ethnoreligious group originating from the Hebrews and Israelites of ancient near east.  Actually Jewish people are very proud of their ethnos and it is their premise for wanting a pure Israeli state not mixed with Arabs. It is not like Christianity that is a multinational religion.

That's why you can easily tell an American Jew (with 95%+ recognition rate) like you can tell an American of Anglo-Saxon origin or one of Latin origin.

That is odd, I always thought that christians and jews have the same ancestors. At least here in Germany, we have lots of jews that are part of our ethnos, I even have jews in my own family. Same goes with lots of other countries where there is a significant number of jews.

Israel is a different story, we certainly do not want to dive into that on a F1 thread. Smiley

kashmir:

Good summary Whoopsy.

Obviously its still very difficult to overtake, as we seen in several examples during the last 2 races....even there had been examples its possible. On the other side, I share the view regarding Alosno. Okay, after his terrible start a fourth place is fine....on the other side, going for 31laps behind your team mate, should not (always) be the right approach if you want to go for the No.1 in the team or for the title race. I doubt that Vettel or Hamilton would have been waited that long in Alonsos position.  There will be further opportunities for Alonos to proof how good he really is.

Furthermore I think, the driver pairing at Ferrari is hot and may explode during the season. I doubt that Massa would accept at that stage of the season to step behind Alonso.

The wild card in Ferrari's camp is that Schumacher is no longer there, Massa loss a powerful ally. If Massa wants to stay in Ferrari, he NEEDS to perform and more than likely he won't be stepping aside for Alonso to breeze through. With Alonso holding onto his view as Ferrari's #1 driver and Massa on the hot seat, I think the fight within Ferrari will be more than Hamilton/Button at MacLaren.

Whoopsy:

The wild card in Ferrari's camp is that Schumacher is no longer there, Massa loss a powerful ally. If Massa wants to stay in Ferrari, he NEEDS to perform and more than likely he won't be stepping aside for Alonso to breeze through. With Alonso holding onto his view as Ferrari's #1 driver and Massa on the hot seat, I think the fight within Ferrari will be more than Hamilton/Button at MacLaren.

That could be the case, but I think Massa is too much of a team player, and a successful team rarely has big problems with fights.

Eunice:
    reginos:

That is odd, I always thought that christians and jews have the same ancestors.

Jesus himself and his disciples who spread the new religion to Greece and Rome were from the jewish nation. But very few Jews were converted to Christianty.

At least here in Germany, we have lots of jews that are part of our ethnos, I even have jews in my own family. Same goes with lots of other countries where there is a significant number of jews.

These people can trace their origins to the Jewish diaspora. Of course over the years there were intermarriages and also converts from other religions.

Israel is a different story, we certainly do not want to dive into that on a F1 thread. Smiley

Sure, after all it is the F1 thread. Kubica started it all Smiley

--

Guys, let's keep this thread on F1 rather than racism, religion etc

BTW Judaism is the religion whereas the adjective 'Jewish' describes both the Jewish religion and also the Jewish people as an ethnic group/race. This is possible because orthodox Jews inherit their 'Jewishness' from their mother, not their father. Conversion to Judaism, while possible, is in practice extremely difficult in Judaism.

By contrast, Islam and Christianity grow by people being born into them or people converting to them. They are missionary faiths.

But, like I said, let's stick to F1

--

easy_rider911:

BTW Judaism is the religion whereas the adjective 'Jewish' describes both the Jewish religion and also the Jewish people as an ethnic group/race. This is possible because orthodox Jews inherit their 'Jewishness' from their mother, not their father. Conversion to Judaism, while possible, is in practice extremely difficult in Judaism.
    By contrast, Islam and Christianity grow by people being born into them or people converting to them. They are missionary faiths.

Very correct your definition of Jews as an ethnoreligious grioup.

Also most converts to Judaism are for purpose of marriage. Celebrity converts Elisabeth Taylor, Ivanka Trump and recently Madonna.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/3/24 7:04 PM
    watt
    604149 1768
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    384224 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    252626 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 2/22/24 5:12 PM
    GT-Boy
    215129 291
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    46542 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/4/24 9:03 AM
    Der-Schwabe
    2427 26
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

844427 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    735166 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM