Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Rennteam Staff Meeting in Stuttgart 4-6 Sept 2010

Dear Rennteamers,

On behalf of the Rennteam Moderators and Administrators, it gives me great pleasure to inform you that a Rennteam Staff Meeting was held in Stuttgart, Germany on the weekend of 4-6 September 2010.

The following Rennteam Moderators and Administrators attended:

Carlos from Spain
    CR
    easy_rider911
    Eunice
    Gauss
    Lars997
    MKSGR
    RC

It was a very constructive and enjoyable gathering which enabled Rennteam Moderators and Administrators from various countries across Europe to meet and discuss issues regarding our forum Smiley

Here are some of the photos from the Rennteam Staff Meeting Smiley

1) We stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Weilimdorf, Stuttgart.

RTSM1.jpg 

--

Re: Rennteam Staff Meeting in Stuttgart 4-6 Sept 2010

2) The lobby of the Holiday Inn Hotel.

RTSM2.jpg             

--

3) We had dinner on Saturday 4th September at Ristorante Italiani nearby. After dinner, we discussed various topics on our Agenda relating to Rennteam.

RTSM4.jpg             

--

4) On Sunday 5th September, we had lunch together at the Christophorus Restaurant in the new Porsche Museum.

RTSM5.jpg             

--

5) Inside the Christophorus Restaurant. After lunch, we continued discussing our Agenda regarding Rennteam.

RTSM6.jpg             

--

Various exciting new ideas and developments were discussed which the Rennteam Moderators and Administators hope to make possible in due course Smiley

While in Stuttgart, I took the opportunity to visit the Mercedes Benz Museum and the new Porsche Museum. I hope to post photos from those visits in the next few days Smiley

--

When will we get the news of "new ideas and developments"?

Seems the board is in good and progressive hands.... The loss of several key members must have been high on the agenda...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Thanks John H

I will leave it to CR, RC and Eunice to provide further details on the exciting new ideas and developments when the time is right  Some of these ideas have already been suggested by various Rennteamers (via the RT Development Board). As you can appreciate, these ideas need time to implement from a software development perspective.

Regarding departures, actually, this was not high on the Agenda. We focussed on the many positive new things we can do in the future. (Just fyi, whilst membership turnover is only natural, Eunice confirmed the forum statistics to us: activity levels on the forum and the in-flow of new joiners are actually as high as ever Smiley Furthermore, a healthy proportion of all registered users remain regular visitors to the forum. It can therefore be somewhat misleading to focus on how many users actively post on the public boards since many registered and unregistered users visit just to read and obtain information i.e. their participation is passive only).

Please rest assured guys - the RT Mods/Admins want to make RT even better for everyone  In the meantime, we would ask for your patience - you can look forward to some really nice surprises coming your way in the future 

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Glad to see that the forum is in such good hands. And a huge Thank you to all the mods and developers that help make this place so cool. 

Yes, great to see you moderators took the time to discuss and plan the future of this forum. It is THE BEST place on the net to share insider news, share global ideas and yet really feel community oriented and connected. At least from my end, I love having gotten to know some of you over the years

So thanks to all moderators and administrators to spend your spare and free time running RT!!!

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Wow! Never been thinking we had such international team behind our most preferred forum!

Keep up the good work guys!

And you now, when a meeting point in Belgium is needed, feel free to contact me!

i'm no frequent poster since my english writing skills are not that good, but i follow the posts almost on daily base.

--

ex 965 3.3turbo/ ex 993 targa / ex 996 cab /

now 997S cabrio //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro

Many thanks to the Moderators and Administrators for taking a weekend of their personal time to focus on the forum.

--
    2006 987S, Artic Silver, Cocoa, Cocoa Top 2006 Cayenne S Lapis Blue New York

bobr:

Many thanks to the Moderators and Administrators for taking a weekend of their personal time to focus on the forum.

+1, many thanks to them, for taking their personal time to improve our home. Me personally, my posts have been reduced due to lack of time, but EVERY DAY I visit RT, my first newspaper !!!SmileySmiley

Thanks guys !!! SmileySmiley

--

Alex18_996CC:
    ...... many thanks to them, for taking their personal time to improve our home.

Thanks - that's exactly how we feel - RT is like a second home for us on the internet Smiley

Once again, guys, on behalf of all the RT Mods/Admins, thanks for your kind appreciation for our efforts Smiley Yes, it takes time, money and effort but it's worth it Smiley

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Thank you all!

1284026035785bow.gif

--

http://www.phrog.co.uk

Thanks for the very nice report, easy. 

Some may wonder why we don't show our faces but this has a good reason and I apologize for that. Not that we really want to hide our beautiful faces and bodies from you...

The meeting was amazing, I met the most friendliest and pleasant "foreigners" in my life. Some of us have met before, some not but it wasn't really a problem. We felt a very strong connection between us and on the first day of our meeting, we went to our rooms at 2 am in the morning.

More details about the meeting and some of the stuff discussed in later posts. I just arrived from a trip which followed the meeting, so I need to rest a little bit and do some work.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

Some of us have met before, some not but it wasn't really a problem. We felt a very strong connection between us and on the first day of our meeting, we went to our rooms at 2 am in the morning.

That somehow doesn't surprise me, from all the posts and all the discussion here one really gets to know how people think. And with those who post pictures of trips and new cars you can really say you know them. Nowadays knowing someone goes way beyond ever seeing them face to face. Even more so with the great crowd that is Rennteam Smiley

+1 

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

You folks have the best of the web forums, IMHO. Thanks!

RC:

.... Some of us have met before, some not but it wasn't really a problem. We felt a very strong connection between us and on the first day of our meeting, we went to our rooms at 2 am in the morning.

Exactly - we already knew each other's personalities over the many years that we have interacted online. So putting a face to a name was an easy step.

I find this whenever I meet in person Rennteamers that I already know online - it never ceases to amaze me how quickly and easily we behave as though we have been real-world friends for years.

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

This works only with intelligent, well educated and honest people, easy.   Trust me...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Thanks guys for all the work. It takes time and effort + some money  to do what you do for this forum. It is well appreciated. Without the staff doing this jog, RT would not exist. 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

RC:

Not that we really want to hide our beautiful faces and bodies from you...

Hahaha, perhaps you should re-think this policy. As I know Easy and Gauss in person (great guys Smiley) I'd say loading up pics of the moderators could attract a lot more (female...) members to Rennteam Smiley

I think it's excellent that you spent some time together - online communication cannot replace a meeting in real life and electronic beer Smileyis not as tasty like the real stuff.

Thanks a lot for the good work Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Porsche-Jeck:

I'd say loading up pics of the moderators could attract a lot more (female...) members to Rennteam Smiley

I hope my wife doesn't read this! Smiley Smiley

Thanks once again guys for your appreciation Smiley

--

easy_rider911:
    Porsche-Jeck:

I'd say loading up pics of the moderators could attract a lot more (female...) members to Rennteam Smiley

I hope my wife doesn't read this! Smiley Smiley

No problem... I'll take care of her when needed Easy!Smiley

--

ex 965 3.3turbo/ ex 993 targa / ex 996 cab /

now 997S cabrio //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro

Forgot the most important part, guys: we decided to go on with a major development of Rennteam, incl. some very new and for a car forum pretty unique features.

I'm not sure when we are going to announce it but I can tell you that I never was so excited before, not even when we introduced Rennteam 2.0.

We had some great ideas which will be implemented step by step, incl. a performance boost.

Don't worry...we learned from past mistakes, we will not make the same mistakes twice.

--

RC:

Forgot the most important part, guys: we decided to go on with a major development of Rennteam, incl. some very new and for a car forum pretty unique features.

I'm not sure when we are going to announce it but I can tell you that I never was so excited before, not even when we introduced Rennteam 2.0.

We had some great ideas which will be implemented step by step, incl. a performance boost.

Don't worry...we learned from past mistakes, we will not make the same mistakes twice.

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for usSmiley 

--
    2006 987S, Artic Silver, Cocoa, Cocoa Top 2006 Cayenne S Lapis Blue New York

bobr:
    RC:

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for usSmiley 

+1 on that, Smiley

Yup, you guys have me all excited as well!
    Wrt the interface, I think I have fully adapted to it in the end ;-)
    Also, like other mentioned, I would like to thank you guys for putting so much time, effort and money into this forum. This place is indeed my internet home, or my morning paper if you wish. Thanks for all your efforts!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806284 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449450 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267023 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90434 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7173 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887138 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835873 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM