Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    New options for MY08?

    Any new options for MY08?

    IPOD Conection? etc...

    Usually, when would the MY08 new options list released?


    Re: New options for MY08?

    We've already started ordering '08s... nothing new. No bluetooth, no Ipod...

    Re: New options for MY08?

    nothing new, nothing at all????

    Wot no face lift that everybody has been expecting then!

    Re: New options for MY08?

    Will Porsche be the last car manufacturer to offer iPod and bluetooth?

    Sad for the most profitable car company out there. After the PTM fiasco on the 997TT, I've lost faith. No new P for me.

    Re: New options for MY08?

    Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Will Porsche be the last car manufacturer to offer iPod and bluetooth?

    Sad for the most profitable car company out there. After the PTM fiasco on the 997TT, I've lost faith. No new P for me.

    What's the PTM fiasco??

    Re: New options for MY08?

    since VW/Audi have iPod connectivity, it wouldn't be that surprising if this was added for the new MY08 spec...

    Don't understand

    Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Will Porsche be the last car manufacturer to offer iPod and bluetooth?

    Sad for the most profitable car company out there. After the PTM fiasco on the 997TT, I've lost faith. No new P for me.



    I thought all 997TT's came standard with PTM. what fiasco?

    Re: Don't understand

    What is PTM?

    PTM

    Porsche Traction Management. AFAIK An active electronic differential on the awd TT and Cayenne. The current C4/S has a "passive" mechanical/hydraulic differential.

    PTM reputedly improves traction and handling balance.

    Re: PTM

    And is #1 on the list to blame for the poor NBR lap times apparently.

    Re: New options for MY08?

    Quote:
    Boxster Coupe GTS said:
    since VW/Audi have iPod connectivity, it wouldn't be that surprising if this was added for the new MY08 spec...



    as standard?

    Re: New options for MY08?

    $65 factory adapter for my Q7...

    Re: New options for MY08?



    No new options but higher price?

    Re: New options for MY08?

    In regards to MY08 - Porsche could really screw us like they did with the Boxster and make some changes mid MY08. Like they have done with the MY07 Cayenne. The face lift is MY07 mid term. They might even make changes and introduce them next February or something!

    Re: New options for MY08?

    I hope and pray they come out with a better transmission than the Tipronic. I pray for a sequencial clutch pedaless type of transmission!

    Re: PTM

    Quote:
    Le Chef said:
    Porsche Traction Management. AFAIK An active electronic differential on the awd TT and Cayenne. The current C4/S has a "passive" mechanical/hydraulic differential.

    PTM reputedly improves traction and handling balance.



    Thought that was the PSM. Porsche Stability Management

    Re: PTM

    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Quote:
    Le Chef said:
    Porsche Traction Management. AFAIK An active electronic differential on the awd TT and Cayenne. The current C4/S has a "passive" mechanical/hydraulic differential.

    PTM reputedly improves traction and handling balance.



    Thought that was the PSM. Porsche Stability Management

    PSM may do that too but PTM is the acronym Porshce uses for the new AWD feature on the TT. Very different than the AWD on the C4.

    Re: PTM

    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Quote:
    Le Chef said:
    Porsche Traction Management. AFAIK An active electronic differential on the awd TT and Cayenne. The current C4/S has a "passive" mechanical/hydraulic differential.

    PTM reputedly improves traction and handling balance.



    Thought that was the PSM. Porsche Stability Management



    PSM is not a differential but part of the ABS program that detects when the car is oversteering or understeering and helps get it back in line by activating individual brakes.

    PSM is on all 997's (except GT3/RS) and PTM is only on the Turbo to date (as it's awd) and would only be fitted to other awd cars in the future.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    805183 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449034 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266673 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90284 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6928 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    886540 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835282 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM
    mcdelaug
    400846 1454
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM
    nberry
    396666 1526
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/13/23 2:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    384197 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/3/23 12:30 PM
    Porker
    371281 797
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 5/12/24 6:23 PM
    blueflame
    293830 669
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 10/19/23 7:06 PM
    CGX car nut
     
     
     
     
     
    266408 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/30/23 6:59 PM
    mcdelaug
    244294 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 6/25/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    238808 101
    Others Corvette C8 10/16/23 3:24 PM
    Enmanuel
    222692 488
    Others Gordon Murray - T.50 11/22/23 10:27 AM
    mcdelaug
    173313 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 6/11/23 5:13 PM
    CGX car nut
    145108 144
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 12/29/23 9:04 AM
    RCA
    121376 303
    Motor Sp. 2023 Formula One 12/19/23 5:38 AM
    WhoopsyM
    112590 685
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 3/7/24 4:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    85876 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 2/23/24 10:03 PM
    blueflame
    76165 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 3/3/24 7:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    55130 314
    Motor Sp. Porsche 963 5/18/24 9:44 PM
    Wonderbar
    26858 249
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 1/21/24 4:29 PM
    GT-Boy
    21870 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 4/8/24 1:43 PM
    Ferdie
    20421 140
    AMG G63 sold out 9/15/23 7:38 PM
    Nico997
    17221 120
    AMG [2022] Mercedes-AMG SL 4/23/24 1:24 PM
    RCA
    14687 225
    Motor Sp. 24-Hour race Nürburgring 2018 5/25/23 10:42 PM
    Grant
    11661 55
    Porsche Porsche Mission X Hypercar 12/3/23 8:52 AM
    996FourEss
    11210 63
    123 items found, displaying 1 to 30.