Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    It all started in Jan 07 when I organized a trip with some friends to France and fixed up a driving session in a circuit. I chose to drive both the 997 and the f430, this is when the big problem began... After finishing lapping in the 997 came time to jump-in the f430. Now, on-board, I felt this could be bad... very bad... first, starting up the engine, I heard that screaming V8 jingling to my ears, then, came time to drive... One word, it is astonishing!!!!! I've always been fan of manual transmission but that f1 gear box on that f430 is just amazingly amazing!!! The feeling when changing gear is breathtaking. The way the V8 sits right next to you with the possibility to visualize it just left me speechless. I then realized what might happened to me, temptation got over me... I literally felt in love.
    Now back to my hometown, I never stopped thinking of that short moment spend in that f430, thus, "not really enjoying my 997 anymore " I now am more and more tempted to switch to the f430, but hey...
    Now... What should I do?! keep my 997 or f430 all the way?

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    430

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    If you can afford one, get one. They do sound particularly special. Oh, and they're fairly quick as well. I'm sure the 997 will understand that short skirts and high heels win every time.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Try a 997 GT3/RS before comitting adultery.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Quote:
    JFT said:
    Try a 997 GT3/RS before comitting adultery.



    I agree.. try a GT3 before !

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Quote:
    JFT said:
    Try a 997 GT3/RS before comitting adultery.



    I agree.. try a GT3 before !



    I have already driven a Tip 997TT, it was a big disappointment for me, not much feeling involved. I guess that the GT3 / RS would give another and more aggressive driving sensation but yet again, it's another 911 but with more power...
    I am too a Porsche enthusiast, this is my second P. but driving that f1 f430 made me discover new horizons.
    The question for you JFT and Gnil, have you tried the f430? I bet you'll understand me...

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    I can't believe you are leaving her for such a bimbo! :P

    jk Do what your heart desires

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Get both a GT3 and 430. Problem solved.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    nooooo! Try a gt3 before you swap!

    At least then there will be no regrets!

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    if you will get one car for street use then f430. it will put a smile on your face regardless of what speed you drive it at.
    if you will be doing a lot of track driving then the gt3.

    there is an exhaust hack for the 430 similar to the pse hack. with hack done the car sounds a lot more sweeter. check this video. sound quality is not the bes with cell phone mic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MScRjC3kGw

    best to drive the gt3 before making any decision.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Quote:
    JFT said:
    Try a 997 GT3/RS before comitting adultery.



    I agree.. try a GT3 before !



    I have already driven a Tip 997TT, it was a big disappointment for me, not much feeling involved. I guess that the GT3 / RS would give another and more aggressive driving sensation but yet again, it's another 911 but with more power...
    I am too a Porsche enthusiast, this is my second P. but driving that f1 f430 made me discover new horizons.
    The question for you JFT and Gnil, have you tried the f430? I bet you'll understand me...



    I have tried the F430 and also a 360. They are very sensual expeiences to drive, especially the F430. However, and there are no 2 ways about this, the GT3/RS experience is much more profound in the long run. The depth of engineering and the quality feel of the whole car. This said, if you never track the car and are mainly looking for that special feeling road driving car, very little compares to a modern Ferrari / Lambo. But if you want the best built car that puts a huge smile on your face every time you drive it then it's got to be a GT3! An 430 just can't keep up. 599 is another story...

    Oh, and the 997TT is a completely different car with it's own pros and cons. If it's a more engaging, visceral experience you're after, a 997TT Tip is not a move in the right direction for you.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    street only 430 no comparison

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    The 997 may come and go, the F430 is....

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    The 430 is so beautiful, if you have the bucks go for it. Not really a fair comparison though.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    I agree that the GT3 is a masterpiece in the track. But unfortunately since we do not have tracks in my country, I guess I won't be able to get the most of it... The adrenaline rush you get from the f430 form road cruising is, I suppose, superior...

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Georges, from my understanding the successor to the f430 should be out in about 18 months. Would you be going for a new f430 ? if so, you might as well get the new version as the wait would be about a year anyway... I think.

    On to your main question...if your heart desires it... do it. The Pcar is a different drive altogether... not worse, just different.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Understandable the F430 is a great car. But can you put 5000 miles in 4 months in a F430 like I've done in my GT3. You can't drive that car everyday. I rarely see Ferrari's with any high mileage. You can't drive these cars everyday. Consider a GT3, reliable, powerful, drivable, and fun. I would consider a F430 myself but you cannot drive it daily. I don't want to buy anything I can't drive everyday, especially for that type of money.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    I'd buy an F-car if I were a rock star or the latest movie star. At present I only waste money on extremely expensive cars (Porsches) I don't blow money on astronomically expensive cars (Ferraris).

    But that's just me... .

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    I'd buy an F-car if I were a rock star or the latest movie star. At present I only waste money on extremely expensive cars (Porsches) I don't blow money on astronomically expensive cars (Ferraris).

    But that's just me... .



    Me too.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Habeebe,

    Is there a Ferrari mechanic in your neck of the woods with less than a 6 month backlog? If the answer is yes and you have the means, and your heart says F430, run, don't walk, and get one. Don't waste another minute with a toy you are not in love with. Later, if your feelings turn against the F-car, you can always come back.

    Just my 2 cents. Good luck whichever way you go.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Quote:
    Haku said:
    Georges, from my understanding the successor to the f430 should be out in about 18 months. Would you be going for a new f430 ? if so, you might as well get the new version as the wait would be about a year anyway... I think.





    that will be the track-oriented version of the f430 not its replacement.
    On to your main question...if your heart desires it... do it. The Pcar is a different drive altogether... not worse, just different.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    I can't let my wife see this thread. She LUSTS over F-cars. Would I have to build a fireproof box to park a "new" F car in?

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Quote:
    Circe said:
    Habeebe,

    Is there a Ferrari mechanic in your neck of the woods with less than a 6 month backlog? If the answer is yes and you have the means, and your heart says F430, run, don't walk, and get one. Don't waste another minute with a toy you are not in love with. Later, if your feelings turn against the F-car, you can always come back.

    Just my 2 cents. Good luck whichever way you go.



    It's a pre-owned f430 f1, red / black interior with red stitches.I won't be hitting on new...

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    go for it

    Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    Circe said:
    Habeebe,

    Is there a Ferrari mechanic in your neck of the woods with less than a 6 month backlog? If the answer is yes and you have the means, and your heart says F430, run, don't walk, and get one. Don't waste another minute with a toy you are not in love with. Later, if your feelings turn against the F-car, you can always come back.

    Just my 2 cents. Good luck whichever way you go.



    It's a pre-owned f430 f1, red / black interior with red stitches.I won't be hitting on new...


    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    I would go f430.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Quote:
    mvn1971 said:
    Understandable the F430 is a great car. But can you put 5000 miles in 4 months in a F430 like I've done in my GT3. You can't drive that car everyday. I rarely see Ferrari's with any high mileage. You can't drive these cars everyday. Consider a GT3, reliable, powerful, drivable, and fun. I would consider a F430 myself but you cannot drive it daily. I don't want to buy anything I can't drive everyday, especially for that type of money.




    a guys on fchat has been using his 06 f430 as a daily driver. he has more than 14k miles on it.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Don't 'real' Ferraris have 12 cylinders?

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    Circe said:
    Habeebe,

    Is there a Ferrari mechanic in your neck of the woods with less than a 6 month backlog? If the answer is yes and you have the means, and your heart says F430, run, don't walk, and get one. Don't waste another minute with a toy you are not in love with. Later, if your feelings turn against the F-car, you can always come back.

    Just my 2 cents. Good luck whichever way you go.



    It's a pre-owned f430 f1, red / black interior with red stitches.I won't be hitting on new...



    Your mind seems to be set.... You know what you want !
    Follow your heart

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    My friend just canceled his 997TT order and got an 06 Gallardo E-gear with 3000 km. I drove the Gallardo last week and it has far more emotion than a 997TT. However, the Lambo is NOT a daily driver. It's too loud, too low and too bling-bling to go to work or a meeting/client.

    My CEO almost got a white F430, but he reconsidered saying that its 'a deal breaker' with clients.

    The Italian baby cars (V8/V10) are a bit too much unless its strictly a weekend car. A 997 (including GT3) can be driven everyday.

    If I had the money, I'd get an F599 as its the best of both worlds.

    Re: Feels like I'm gonna cheat on my baby

    I own a 993 and an F430(keeping both).GT3 is coming. The 430 is just awsome and I love it. But I'm really looking foward to the GT3. I feel like it may be more involving with the 6sp manual. On the track the F1 trans is great. But for short runs on the windy back roads I miss the manual shifting. I also think I would drive the GT3 more. The 430
    draws a lot of attention everywhere I go with it. My guess is that once I get the GT3, if I had to keep only 1 car, It would be the GT3, for daily fun or track days. Dont get me wrong, the 430 is so exciting from the moment you fire it up to the time you pull it back in the garage.If I wanted ultimate awsome machine, work of art, and the look at me factor, the F430. But for driving it to a lot of places, leaving it parked, or not wanting so much attention, it would be the GT3.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764199 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436421 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261004 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257930 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82621 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5328 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    876779 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808823 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM
    nberry
    387979 1526
    Porsche GT4RS 4/17/24 8:53 PM
    GaussM
    386007 1452
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/13/23 2:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    369034 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/3/23 12:30 PM
    Porker
    366829 797
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 4/21/23 8:09 AM
    the-missile
    290031 550
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/11/24 12:32 PM
    Ferdie
    286559 668
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 10/19/23 7:06 PM
    CGX car nut
     
     
     
     
     
    259283 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/30/23 6:59 PM
    mcdelaug
    237657 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 6/25/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    225708 101
    Others Corvette C8 10/16/23 3:24 PM
    Enmanuel
    220192 488
    Others Gordon Murray - T.50 11/22/23 10:27 AM
    mcdelaug
    167157 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 6/11/23 5:13 PM
    CGX car nut
    139105 144
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 12/29/23 9:04 AM
    RCA
    115842 303
    Motor Sp. 2023 Formula One 12/19/23 5:38 AM
    WhoopsyM
    107657 685
    Others Valkyrie final design? 4/28/23 2:45 AM
    Rossi
    99345 219
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 3/7/24 4:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    83661 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 2/23/24 10:03 PM
    blueflame
    74910 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 3/3/24 7:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    53248 314
    Motor Sp. Porsche 963 3/16/24 9:27 PM
    WhoopsyM
    24729 237
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 1/21/24 4:29 PM
    GT-Boy
    20970 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 4/8/24 1:43 PM
    Ferdie
    19244 140
    AMG G63 sold out 9/15/23 7:38 PM
    Nico997
    16475 120
    129 items found, displaying 1 to 30.