Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    And to those who would read too much into GM ensuring the 650+ hp is backed by some electronic torque limiting nannies in the lower gears (euro sports cars with that much 7000 rpm power have no where near the same tire melting low end torque except for AMGs , which spin their tires mercilessly at a standing start throttle stomp ) ,just do a search on Rennteam and see all the angst this group of uber Porsche enthusiasts have written about the new 997 GT2 STILL not having tail-saving yaw control ( PSM) , which even the F430 comes standard with, and which like the Z06 , can be 100% switched off, which you still can't do on Porsche models which DO come with PSM.

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    ....

    They also have a new automatic transmission coming. Its not a PDK or DSG. It is a new 7spd that uses British(!)patented technology for less power loss and quicker/smoother shifts.



    Jim,

    Where did you hear about this news? Could this be the Zeroshift finally making it into production?

    Zeroshift

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Yes - it is Zeroshift.

    GM has licensed it and it will first be offered in the Corvette.




    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:This is going to be one hell of a performance bargain at $100K+. Nothing will touch it for the money.


    Certainly, nothing can touch the Z06 for $65k, but for $100k, I think a well spec'd Noble among other smaller specialty cars might be pretty close (and offer a more rewarding driving experience)...



    I'm not so sure the well spec'd Noble is going to be able to keep up with the Blue Devil. It just edged a standard Z06 in a Car and Driver test (running on Pirelli PZero Corsa tires). No doubt, the Noble is one potent package!
    Download the lap times:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/...he-911-gt3.html

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Yes - it is Zeroshift.

    GM has licensed it and it will first be offered in the Corvette.








    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Kudos to GM. This car will make a mockery at all comers. For about the price of a very nicely optioned 9974S you can mix it up with the very elite in the super car world. I find it funny that this very well educated forum would doubt the skill level of some who would explore this car and its possbilities. In the right hands this car will DOMINATE and make other car manufacturers re-think their idea of HP and car. Itll only make the other cars we love that much better. Porsche are you hearing this!

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    In 20-30 years , our children ( or grandchildren ) will be driving non combustion engined " sports cars " where external loudspeakers in the rear fascia will broadcast ones choice of hundreds of digitized exhaust sounds from any car from the past , now that the US Supreme Court has listed CO2 as a pollutant a couple weeks ago . They'll drive to work to the screech of a vintage 2007 Ferrari, drive home to the thump of a prehistoric 1969 Chevelle SS396 .

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    MKW said:
    In 20-30 years , our children ( or grandchildren ) will be driving non combustion engined " sports cars " where external loudspeakers in the rear fascia will broadcast ones choice of hundreds of digitized exhaust sounds from any car from the past , now that the US Supreme Court has listed CO2 as a pollutant a couple weeks ago . They'll drive to work to the screech of a vintage 2007 Ferrari, drive home to the thump of a prehistoric 1969 Chevelle SS396 .



    Yes, that will be great. However, only the cars with a certain horsepower should have access to the high-end exhaust notes . Imagine a Civic sounding like a Zondo, driving past you at 40 mph .

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    MKW said:
    In 20-30 years , our children ( or grandchildren ) will be driving non combustion engined " sports cars " where external loudspeakers in the rear fascia will broadcast ones choice of hundreds of digitized exhaust sounds from any car from the past , now that the US Supreme Court has listed CO2 as a pollutant a couple weeks ago . They'll drive to work to the screech of a vintage 2007 Ferrari, drive home to the thump of a prehistoric 1969 Chevelle SS396 .



    Please say it ain't so...

    I don't mind if I have to drive an electric car, but leave it what it is...electric

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    In 20-30 years , our children ( or grandchildren ) will be driving non combustion engined " sports cars " where external loudspeakers in the rear fascia will broadcast ones choice of hundreds of digitized exhaust sounds from any car from the past , now that the US Supreme Court has listed CO2 as a pollutant a couple weeks ago . They'll drive to work to the screech of a vintage 2007 Ferrari, drive home to the thump of a prehistoric 1969 Chevelle SS396 .



    Please say it ain't so...

    I don't mind if I have to drive an electric car, but leave it what it is...electric



    That's something we will definitely miss: the sound of an otto . Thus I am in favor of sound files .

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:This is going to be one hell of a performance bargain at $100K+. Nothing will touch it for the money.


    Certainly, nothing can touch the Z06 for $65k, but for $100k, I think a well spec'd Noble among other smaller specialty cars might be pretty close (and offer a more rewarding driving experience)...



    I'm not so sure the well spec'd Noble is going to be able to keep up with the Blue Devil. It just edged a standard Z06 in a Car and Driver test


    What I meant by well-spec'd is adding additional turbo boost (fairly easy and inexpensive to stay under $100k) - not hard to get to between 500-600hp and 2,400 lbs...

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    95jersey said:


    Please say it ain't so...

    I don't mind if I have to drive an electric car, but leave it what it is...electric



    There's a request by advocacy groups for the blind to engineer hybrid vehicles with a subtle " ding -ding " warning tone when they are running in near silent battery mode, as a several blind pedestrians ( who stop and listen for approaching cars before crossing) have now stepped right in front of them and been hit . Heck , I've grabbed my younger daughter a couple times when she was about to step off a curb right into a hybrid gliding by silently and a neighbor was " bumped " and bruised her hip by her husband in their driveway by their then new Prius because he assumed ( wrongly ) that there would be enough rolling noise of some sort as he backed away.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763965 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436256 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260940 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257885 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82591 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    876655 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808641 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM
    nberry
    387876 1526
    Porsche GT4RS 4/17/24 8:53 PM
    GaussM
    385881 1452
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/13/23 2:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    368924 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/3/23 12:30 PM
    Porker
    366772 797
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 4/21/23 8:09 AM
    the-missile
    289921 550
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/11/24 12:32 PM
    Ferdie
    286519 668
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 10/19/23 7:06 PM
    CGX car nut
     
     
     
     
     
    259249 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/30/23 6:59 PM
    mcdelaug
    237607 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 6/25/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    225640 101
    Others Corvette C8 10/16/23 3:24 PM
    Enmanuel
    220154 488
    Others Gordon Murray - T.50 11/22/23 10:27 AM
    mcdelaug
    167132 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 6/11/23 5:13 PM
    CGX car nut
    139080 144
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 12/29/23 9:04 AM
    RCA
    115824 303
    Motor Sp. 2023 Formula One 12/19/23 5:38 AM
    WhoopsyM
    107648 685
    Others Valkyrie final design? 4/28/23 2:45 AM
    Rossi
    99344 219
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 3/7/24 4:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    83656 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 2/23/24 10:03 PM
    blueflame
    74908 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 3/3/24 7:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    53242 314
    Motor Sp. Porsche 963 3/16/24 9:27 PM
    WhoopsyM
    24727 237
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 1/21/24 4:29 PM
    GT-Boy
    20964 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 4/8/24 1:43 PM
    Ferdie
    19239 140
    AMG G63 sold out 9/15/23 7:38 PM
    Nico997
    16471 120
    129 items found, displaying 1 to 30.