Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Model 3

I like about the Tesla S and Tesla 3 that they don't look as stupid and boring as the Prius, the i3 and so on...

Actually, whenever I see someone driving a Prius, my opinion about this particular person drops instantly to a level I don't even want to talk about. For me, the Prius is an automobile stigma... angry

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

I like about the Tesla S and Tesla 3 that they don't look as stupid and boring as the Prius, the i3 and so on...

Actually, whenever I see someone driving a Prius, my opinion about this particular person drops instantly to a level I don't even want to talk about. For me, the Prius is an automobile stigma... angry

I had once a very bad experience with a Pruis. Was on a meeting at Pro 7 and calculated the time we need from Unterföhringen to Munich HBhf. We ordered a taxi on time and it was punctually their. I have seen that it is a Pruis but didn´t have anything negative on my mind. That should change very fast. The taxi driver didn´t talk tu us. He asked for our destination and then didn´t say any word. He was driving so slow, he breaks in front of each traffic light - due to the possibility that it could become red. I asked him twice if he could drive faster - no reaction. At the end we didn´t catch our train - we didn´t catch it not for few minutes I think it was 20 minutes or so. He drove nearly twice the time a normal taxi driver used to drive. So for me - when I see a Pruis I know who is sitting inside. And a good advice never sit in a Prius taxi.

--

AM

Once? EVERY PRIUS ahole is in my way! They are constantly terrible drivers, super slow, no road feel for going with the flow.. no indicators, terrible parkers. They are the worst bunch along with Volvo and Subaru drivers broken heart

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

there's a reason why it's called a PIOUS

Atzporsche:

Once? EVERY PRIUS ahole is in my way! They are constantly terrible drivers, super slow, no road feel for going with the flow.. no indicators, terrible parkers. They are the worst bunch along with Volvo and Subaru drivers broken heart

Hmmm - actually most drivers around VanCity are terrible drivers. I don't know why but it seems they really have a very bad driving teaching system. SmileySmiley

Everybody is driving worse nowadays..thanks to the smartphones.....

--

993 c2

xander71:

Everybody is driving worse nowadays..thanks to the smartphones.....

Guys at Tesla recognized that problem and they are developing Autopilot more & more. And most people (bad drivers) like that idea, because they hate driving anyways. So in coming years, Tesla could became "Apple" in automotive industry, while Audi, BMW, Merc and others can be left as  bunch of manufacturers with ancient tech that is priced too high (Nokia and stuff back in history).

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

I still don't see the point for autopilot.

It's perfect for people who do their makeup in the car, read the morning paper in the car, or study for their finals in the car. Those people have a time management issue, their driving issue is secondary.

Traffic is gonna get worse if autopilot takes traction. They will drive like those idiots that starts breaking for a stop sign in a 30 mph zone a hundred meters beforehand. And those that wait 5 seconds in a 4 way stop sign without cars in the other directions.

Autopilots are programmed by idiots, they will drive like and idiot.

--

RC:

Prius's are like locusts now in central London - mainly driven by the growth of Uber. Clueless drivers all looking at the GPS on their iPhone and/or blindly following Waze Smiley

Whoopsy:

Planes are driven by autopilots, while pilots are there just to monitor whole process. That system works flawlessly. Crashes/problems happen when people get involved in that automated process (cutting costs, terrorism or bad maintenance).

In road accidents 3200 people die daily (around 1.3m per year). You need to crash 7 x Boeing 747 daily to equal number of dead people in road accidents. Those are horrible numbers, so I vote for autopilot systems in cars if they reduce number of dead people in road accidents. 

--

Autopilots are a must to come!

I love the distance control especially with the traffic jam assistant. Lets be honest, most time when you drive it is about coming from A to B and most of time this is where you spend more times in traffic jams than on open roads. So a Autopilot is a huge help.

Agree on the safety reasons Milano says - this is so right. 

And - if you once want to have fun, then take your sports car on a Sunday morning and drive through the country side!

I too agree that autopilot is the next big thing in cars. Lots of people commute to work and it will make their commute safer and less tiring hence they will be more productive at work.

Actually, the most relaxing drive for me is when I drive to or from work in my 991 GTS cab with the top open and the sun shines on my face... I would never enjoy "being" driven (no matter if human or autopilot). This is me of course, others may have a different view of what is relaxing or not.

Drove once four hours from Stuttgart to Munich, usually a two hours drive. Was in a GT3 RS (transferring the car from Zuffenhausen to Munich) and I loved it, despite the traffic. Didn't even turn on the radio once...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Milanno:
    Whoopsy:

Planes are driven by autopilots, while pilots are there just to monitor whole process. That system works flawlessly. Crashes/problems happen when people get involved in that automated process (cutting costs, terrorism or bad maintenance).

In road accidents 3200 people die daily (around 1.3m per year). You need to crash 7 x Boeing 747 daily to equal number of dead people in road accidents. Those are horrible numbers, so I vote for autopilot systems in cars if they reduce number of dead people in road accidents. 

--

Sorry, but accidents are basically caused by lack of attention when driving. A plane flying in mid air has NOTHING around them, autopilot is there to prevent boredom flying hours with nothing in sight.

i spent the last 3 days being driven to and from Porsche Leipzig and the hotel. There was a section of  unlimited autobahn, my driver, in a Porsche, of course keep the foot down, but other drivers ARE attentive, they moved back into the middle lane well before we arrives. The other drivers are so well trained and behaved it makes me cry when I compared them with my fellow North American drivers. 

Autopilot are for people without proper training in driving. Or they cannot stay away from putting on makeup,eating breakfast, or reading the news while driving.

--

Nick, the vast majority of people see cars as just transportation. No more, no less. Autopilot is coming and it will take over, it will become ridiculously expensive to insure if you drive manually. The cars will go much slower and A to B will take at least 20% longer but way safer and fuel usage will drop. 95% of the population will be happier because they will use the time to be on their smartphone.

SciFrog:

Nick, the vast majority of people see cars as just transportation. No more, no less. Autopilot is coming and it will take over, it will become ridiculously expensive to insure if you drive manually. The cars will go much slower and A to B will take at least 20% longer but way safer and fuel usage will drop. 95% of the population will be happier because they will use the time to be on their smartphone.

Smiley Unfortunately I'm afraid you are right...

My wife hates driving, she loves texting though (not while she is driving though, thank god she isn't that much of a nut job Smiley). My family usually sleeps when I drive, especially when we are using the loud Jeep GC SRT. The loud exhaust noise kind of makes them tired, no kidding. Smiley I am happy when they sleep because I do not get distracted (when I do get distracted, I drive much slower, so...).

--

SciFrog:

I wanted to write pretty much same post to answer Nick. You are reading my mind Smiley

--

I love to drive but when I commute sometimes there just is too much traffic to enjoy and even if can skip a car here and there you look like a moron swerving through lanes when people don't expect it creating dangerous situations for you and others. Thus I use the auto cruise control and the lane keeper extensively. If autopilot was available I would totally use it for the highway portion and use the time for something else. So you can imagine what "normal" people will do once autopilot is available...

I can't wait for auto-pilot so I can stick some minimum wage kid in the driver's seat of this. It's Dr. Dre's new Escalade, btw. Auto-pilot + minimum wage = dirt cheap private driver. Hell, I'll stick a little old lady in there who will do it for free so long as she has someone to talk to since her kids are jerks and never call smiley

Common guys we are a small part of the people who loves cars and driving them, since there are more limits everywhere, cameras and so on....bad  drivers on the roads, im loosing the taste of pure driving during everyday drive, and i have fun driving..still can go flat out around here without bigger problems, but there is actually so much traffic that make me feel stressed always standing still in a cue. So i would love the autopilot as an optional.

a lot of young people just dont care about cars, the prefer subway etc...and a car is just something NOT to have.

i think that we are all older than 30 in here and with some money that can be spent on cars.

immagine a young normal guy, he would prefer spending his money into those years must have things which are the technological sector and not the jurassic car one. When i was 18 my dream was the lancia delta integrale....now they want the coolest tech things. When im driving around with my old jag and bentley the young people look at me as i was from another planet......many years ago with the porsche every kid wanted me to burn rubber ..rev..and so on, today if you rev or drive little fast they show you the middle finger.....

that is why i see tesla as the future ...and i agree that if the classic producers dont move fast they will be nokia......

This is so sad....but the future...so keep,old cool cars and enjoy them during week ends, nights, and track days or conc d'elegance....will be for thr first time in villa d'este this year...must be soo cool.

i also think that in germany which gets more and more limited autobahn, will be soon all limited....so the big germans have to give a big change with their mentality.

so sad

--

993 c2

noone1:

I can't wait for auto-pilot so I can stick some minimum wage kid in the driver's seat of this. It's Dr. Dre's new Escalade, btw. Auto-pilot + minimum wage = dirt cheap private driver. Hell, I'll stick a little old lady in there who will do it for free so long as she has someone to talk to since her kids are jerks and never call smiley

holy quacamoly.... this car is bigger than an family apartment in London SmileySmileySmiley

hahaa.... and check this one - it even has the gym build in  This is what you need when you live in LA - always fit but always traffic broken heart

Lars997:

hahaa.... and check this one - it even has the gym build in  This is what you need when you live in LA - always fit but always traffic broken heart

Gold digging trophy wives are going to love this ! 

Actually not because they wouldn't want to actually spend time with their husbands... indecision

--

Why would someone want to travel like that in a car?

In a airplane where one is stuck inside that aluminum tube for 8-10+hrs, yes. 

It's pointless for 30-90 mins car journeys. 

Yes some people get driven around by drivers, then these make some sense, where they continue to work inside.

--

Whoopsy:

Yes some people get driven around by drivers, then these make some sense, where they continue to work inside.

Guess you have to move to LaJolla beach and have your office in Hollywood - then you probably understand Dr.Dre Smiley

Lars997:
    Whoopsy:

Guess you have to move to LaJolla beach and have your office in Hollywood - then you probably understand Dr.Dre Smiley

No more choppers in California? Smiley Smiley

--

We made the decision to have less house (for the same money) but be closer to work (8-10 minute drive to work at 7:00am, 20-25 minutes home if driving home before 6:30 pm). I know a lot of people however that drive an hour plus each way. every. single. day. to work (10+ hours of sitting in traffic every week!). I could understand getting a driver and a vehicle like the one above if you had a commute like that every day. The amount of stress those two hours creates is amazing! So bad for your physical and mental health!

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:

We made the decision to have less house (for the same money) but be closer to work (8-10 minute drive to work at 7:00am, 20-25 minutes home if driving home before 6:30 pm). I know a lot of people however that drive an hour plus each way. every. single. day. to work (10+ hours of sitting in traffic every week!). I could understand getting a driver and a vehicle like the one above if you had a commute like that every day. The amount of stress those two hours creates is amazing! So bad for your physical and mental health!

I commute around 20 minutes (40 minutes forth and back) every day. I enjoy this tremendously when the sun is out and I can open the top on my 991 GTS Cab.

Two hours would be a bit much but I wouldn't like a chauffeur. I hate it to be driven, I hate taxis (New York is pure horror for me...) and I haven't used public transportation for at least 30 years or so... Smiley

--

RC:
    Mithras:

I commute around 20 minutes (40 minutes forth and back) every day. I enjoy this tremendously when the sun is out and I can open the top on my 991 GTS Cab.

Two hours would be a bit much but I wouldn't like a chauffeur. I hate it to be driven, I hate taxis (New York is pure horror for me...) and I haven't used public transportation for at least 30 years or so... Smiley

20 Minutes is superb - just enough to be "away" once "away". 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    758733 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433295 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259561 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256701 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80460 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5300 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870353 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805136 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM