Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Swiss alps Rennteam meeting 13th june 2009.

To the ones who want to join.

Temm has organised himself a drive through the alps . We are taking the occasion to organise a Rennteam meeting.

The meeting point is on Saturday the 13th of June at the top of the Grimsel pass, at 13:00. We will have a brief lunch at the local self service restaurant and then either follow Temm on his route to the next pass or just carry on with our own route.

Would be great to meet some of you and put a car and a face on the avatar. Smiley

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Re: Swiss alps Rennteam meeting 13th june 2009.

Wish I could be there - hope you guys have a great time 

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

That really sucks. I'll be on vacation then. Well, not that I'm on vacation sucks but that I won't be able to join. 

--

Matt C
    2005 997 C2S / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

I can't make it unfortunately in june. Only from july forward. I wish you a lot of fun 

--

Gnil:

Temm has organised himself a drive through the alps . We are taking the occasion to organise a Rennteam meeting.

The meeting point is on Saturday the 13th of June at the top of the Grimsel pass, at 13:00. We will have a brief lunch at the local self service restaurant and then either follow Temm on his route to the next pass or just carry on with our own route.

Would be great to meet some of you and put a car and a face on the avatar.  

Self-service restaurant?  Smiley
    Don't think you can mean this place, because it is not self-service.  Smiley

I think I remember seeing another place near there but on the other side of the road. Might be good to have the exact location to avoid misunderstandings.

P6130092.jpg

--

fritz

On duty this day. Have fun.

--

Cayenne Turbo - Mini Cooper S - 997 GT3

fritz:
    Gnil:

I think I remember seeing another place near there but on the other side of the road. Might be good to have the exact location to avoid misunderstandings.

P6130092.jpg

You could well be right . I have not been up there for years and never stopped to eat. Someone ttold me about a self service restaurant at the top, I thaught there would only be one . will have to check out more. Thanks

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

Would be great to meet some of you and put a car and a face on the avatar. Smiley

I will let you know something in the next days!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Gnil:
    fritz:
    Gnil:

You could well be right . I have not been up there for years and never stopped to eat. Someone ttold me about a self service restaurant at the top, I thaught there would only be one . will have to check out more. Thanks

Gnil, I think I've cracked the question of the restaurant(s) at the top of the Grimsel pass.
    I checked Google maps, and there are apparently three restaurants and one snack kiosk within about 500m along the north shore of the Totensee.

I think the first one you come to (driving from west to east) must be the self-service restaurant. It is on the left of the road and on the inside of the hairpin bend as you reach the flat section around the lake shore. It's the one whose car-park is shown in two pics of a number of Ferraris I posted on your other current alpine-drive thread.
    There are parking spaces in front of and behind the restaurant. Other than that , there's no way you'd miss spotting other Porsches there.  Smiley

The Hotel Grimsel Passhöhe shown in the pic above is just 150m further on, on the right hand side of the road.

--

fritz

@ fritz,,,,,,,,that one snack kiosk is me in my burger van,,stop by for a burger ,, buddy ,, I will make sure I wash my hands........

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:

@ fritz,,,,,,,,that one snack kiosk is me in my burger van,,stop by for a burger ,, buddy ,, I will make sure I wash my hands........

Whaddya mean, "stop by"? 

I'll be out front collecting parking fees. Smiley

--

fritz

Hahaha,,and make sure none of the customers "monkey about"  ...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

fritz:
    Gnil:
    fritz:
    Gnil:

Gnil, I think I've cracked the question of the restaurant(s) at the top of the Grimsel pass.
    I checked Google maps, and there are apparently three restaurants and one snack kiosk within about 500m along the north shore of the Totensee.

I think the first one you come to (driving from west to east) must be the self-service restaurant. It is on the left of the road and on the inside of the hairpin bend as you reach the flat section around the lake shore. It's the one whose car-park is shown in two pics of a number of Ferraris I posted on your other current alpine-drive thread.
    There are parking spaces in front of and behind the restaurant. Other than that , there's no way you'd miss spotting other Porsches there.  Smiley

The Hotel Grimsel Passhöhe shown in the pic above is just 150m further on, on the right hand side of the road.

Thanks Fritz for clearing this up . They meeting point shall be on that big parking lot . Smiley

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I have to work on June 13th. 

I wonder if we should do some sort of Leipzig Rennteam event: I just realized that Porsche Leipzig is offering some sort of mixed one day production sightseeing/driving event (on their own track with various Porsche models) for "only" 400 EUR incl. 19% german VAT.

6 people minimum are needed to attend, this isn't too expensive and I'm pretty sure that if a larger group attends, we can talk to Porsche Leipzig to offer something special for us.

One thing is for sure: the Panamera would be on display for sure AND, if the meeting is after the official dealer introduction in Germany (date hasn't been set yet though), we can also arrange Panamera track driving. 

How does this sound?

It would be sometimes in July I think, we would need to sort out things. If somebody wants to organize the whole thing, I have nothing against it. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we can find a way to do it ourselves.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Gnil:

I'll be there EricSmileySmiley

Our plan (so far) is to leave from Andermatt after breakfast and drive the Susten pass to get to Grimsel, have lunch, and then take the Furka back to Andermatt. And then do it all over again backwardsSmiley Or we might do the Neufen and St Gottard like you suggested, we'll see on the 13th...

And thank you Fritz for explaining the different places at Grimsel, let's meet here:grimsel.jpg

--

10 PRINT "Increase engine by 200 ccm"

20 PRINT "Increase hp by 20"

30 PRINT "Change lights and mirrors"

40 GOTO 10, every 3-4 years

50 RUN

RC:

I wonder if we should do some sort of Leipzig Rennteam event: I just realized that Porsche Leipzig is offering some sort of mixed one day production sightseeing/driving event (on their own track with various Porsche models) for "only" 400 EUR incl. 19% german VAT.

6 people minimum are needed to attend, this isn't too expensive and I'm pretty sure that if a larger group attends, we can talk to Porsche Leipzig to offer something special for us.

How does this sound?

This sounds very good to me . Would be great, specially if there is some open  track driving to have some funSmiley

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

13th of June sounds good. Let's pencil that date in...

--

987 Boxster S, Arctic Silver, H&R Monotube Coil-Overs and Anti Roll Bars, Strut Brace, FVD Stage 1, Sachs Racing Clutch and Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Racing Shells, PSE.

997 Carrera 4S, Guards Red, H&R Sport Springs, IPD Plenum, Dension Gateway 500, PSE.

Just a reminder..... It' s this saturday that we meet

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Count  me in   if its on july  its always good to burn rubber and  meet ppl  Smiley  

RC:

I have to work on June 13th. 

One thing is for sure: the Panamera would be on display for sure AND, if the meeting is after the official dealer introduction in Germany (date hasn't been set yet though), we can also arrange Panamera track driving. 

How does this sound?

It would be sometimes in July I think, we would need to sort out things. If somebody wants to organize the whole thing, I have nothing against it. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we can find a way to do it ourselves.

Count  me in   if its on july  its always good to burn rubber and  meet ppl  Smiley 

Just talked to Avis in München and they have a Carrera S with manual gearbox waiting for me tomorrowSmileySmiley

"Slightly" excited now, I thought they only had the regular CarreraSmiley

--

10 PRINT "Increase engine by 200 ccm"

20 PRINT "Increase hp by 20"

30 PRINT "Change lights and mirrors"

40 GOTO 10, every 3-4 years

50 RUN

temm:

Just talked to Avis in München and they have a Carrera S with manual gearbox waiting for me tomorrowSmileySmiley

"Slightly" excited now, I thought they only had the regular CarreraSmiley

Smiley See you on saturday. The weather is now great !!!!Smiley

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Excellent news - hope you guys have a great time

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/19/24 6:03 PM
    watt
    562394 1759
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    372318 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    251254 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 1/2/24 11:19 PM
    Grant
    206089 290
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    37331 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 2/19/24 9:07 AM
    RCA
    1986 25
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

837576 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    717053 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM