Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: "Cajun" is now...MACAN Thread Closed

CPA4S:

i think it looks much cleaner than the current Cayenne; it don't like the vertical horziontal juncture on th Cayenne. anyway, this is showing leather stiched console, though the leather looks like a rough variety. also the air vents are more contoured into the design.

PDK - hope that can be confirmed  - least  the shifter has that PDK look. wish the wart on the dash was more imbedded.

also waiting - think i will hold on any new cars until i see this

That looks to be the partial leather interior with textured plastic on the interior components [I personally think Porsche's full leather interiors are the best way to go; much more tactile, smoother appearance and that lovely leather smell].

I hope that's a PDK shifter, although I don't like the leather bit below; I hope the production version nixes it and goes for a cleaner metallic gate like on other Porsches.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Porsche Macan: latest spy pics from Autocar...

The Macan was spotted undergoing hot weather testing in the US...

(19 June 2013)

These are the latest spy images of the Porsche Macan, spotted hot weather testing in the US.

The car has previously been spotted testing in the Artic Circle and at the Nürburgring. A production version is expected to be launched in October. These latest pictures also show the interior of the car for the first time, which looks to be similar to that of the Panemera.

The styling influences of the larger Cayenne are clear in the five-door Macan, the car effectively looking like a shrunken version of its bigger brother.

The Macan has a low, wide, stance and is sleek in profile, traits helped by its sharply raked windscreen and sloping roofline. The Macan is likely to measure around 4600mm long, 1890mm wide and 1650mm high, making it 210mm shorter, 50mm narrower and 40mm lower than the larger Cayenne.

Underpinning the Macan is Volkswagen Group’s next-generation MLB platform for large front- and four-wheel-drive SUVs. Audi has been heavily involved in the platform’s development, and it will also be used to underpin the next-generation Q5.

The engine range will be crowned by a new twin-turbocharged V6 with around 370bhp and 400lb ft of torque. This new engine will power the Macan Turbo, which aims to carve out a niche as a faster, more dynamic alternative to the BMW X3 and Range Rover Evoque.

At the bottom of the engine range will be two four-cylinder engines – the first time four-cylinder powerplants would have appeared in a Porsche since the 968 in 1995.

On the petrol side, there will be a 220bhp 2.0-litre unit that should still be good for 0-62mph performance of 7.5sec and a 143mph top speed. The base diesel will be a 190bhp 2.0-litre turbo unit.

Other engines in the Macan’s range are set to include a 295bhp 3.6-litre V6 in the S, and a 250bhp 3.0-litre V6 in the Diesel S. A Macan Hybrid is also planned, and Porsche is also keen to use Audi’s potent new 309bhp twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 in a Diesel Turbo model.

Smiley SmileySmiley

Wow, I think it is going to look good!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Joost:

I want to believe Smiley

--

SportCarGroup:
    Joost:

I want to believe Smiley

True, there's always a chance that they muck it up by adding the 991 Gepetto whiskers or the 997 turbo hoglights, or the SportsChronoPlus wart... guess we'll just have to wait and see ;-)

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Guys, the Macan will be basically a smaller Cayenne with some design differentiations. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I am completely baffled by this.

Spyderidol:

Why? What did you expect? The Macan is based on the Audi Q4.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Does anyone know if the Macan is going to be based on the new MLB platform or the exsisting Audi Q5 platform?  I guess the relationship with the VW group is a lot closer than it was during the Cayenne development a few years ago. I'm not even on my P dealers radar for the Macan as we're off enjoying our new SQ5 which seems to be a lot sharper to drive than our previous Q5.

RC:
    Spyderidol:

I don't know what I expected, but I do know that I did not expect Porsche to make a replica of the Cayenne but only smaller. I mean, It's not like the Cayenne is exactly a looker! I would have though that Porsche would have used this opportunity to really put out an attractive SUV, especially as this car is one of the most important tools Porsche will be betting on to get them to the +200,000 unit sales mark. I think that making an exact copy of the Cayenne, that admittedly is a success for Porsche, shows a lack of imagination as well as testicular fortitude. (Maybe Porsche did this as a joke on ClarksonSmiley)

IMHO - the Macan will be a monumental success for Porsche. I saw the camouflaged one few weeks near Garmisch in Germany and it looked really good (I was just able to judge the proportions not more of course). I think the Macan will cannibalize to a degree the Cayenne sales (not all Cayenne owners need the rear passenger /  luggage space /  the Cayenne offers so the Macan could be a smarter choice)  on the other hand it will strongly  acquire new customers from other Brands specially in the moment the 4 cylinders engines will be offered (this in Europe at least).

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

m4ever:

IMHO - the Macan will be a monumental success for Porsche. I saw the camouflaged one few weeks near Garmisch in Germany and it looked really good (I was just able to judge the proportions not more of course). I think the Macan will cannibalize to a degree the Cayenne sales (not all Cayenne owners need the rear passenger /  luggage space /  the Cayenne offers so the Macan could be a smarter choice)  on the other hand it will strongly  acquire new customers from other Brands specially in the moment the 4 cylinders engines will be offered (this in Europe at least).

I agree, it will be a complete success.  The market has moved toward smaller SUVs so a midsize version is perfect for Porsche.  I plan to buy one myself, finally trading in my 2004 Cayenne, which BTW was just at the dealer for it's 200k mile maintenance.  Smiley

Spyderidol:
    RC:
    Spyderidol:

I don't know what I expected, but I do know that I did not expect Porsche to make a replica of the Cayenne but only smaller. I mean, It's not like the Cayenne is exactly a looker! I would have though that Porsche would have used this opportunity to really put out an attractive SUV, especially as this car is one of the most important tools Porsche will be betting on to get them to the +200,000 unit sales mark. I think that making an exact copy of the Cayenne, that admittedly is a success for Porsche, shows a lack of imagination as well as testicular fortitude. (Maybe Porsche did this as a joke on ClarksonSmiley)

I love how my Cayenne GTS looks and I think it is a looker...compared to everything else out there. However, I have to agree that the Cayenne Diesel and the V6 usually don't look that good, especially if they aren't specced right.

--

I wish that the Macan was more special in terms of styling. It tries to go after the younger crowds.. why not be more bold. They could have incorporated some 918 rear end design DNA into the design. At the very least, I hope to see a horizontal bar across the rear! Nonetheless, a Macan GTS would be very interesting.

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

RC:

I love how my Cayenne GTS looks and I think it is a looker...compared to everything else out there. However, I have to agree that the Cayenne Diesel and the V6 usually don't look that good, especially if they aren't specced right.

Agree, it's all about the specs. A "budget" Cayenne with small wheels, chrome around the windows doesn't look good. But if you select the right wheels, dark backlights it's a very attractive sporty SUV. No real alternative at the moment.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Atzporsche:

I wish that the Macan was more special in terms of styling. It tries to go after the younger crowds.. why not be more bold. They could have incorporated some 918 rear end design DNA into the design. At the very least, I hope to see a horizontal bar across the rear! Nonetheless, a Macan GTS would be very interesting.

Not sure you are right. I rather think it tries to go for the non-typical Porsche crowd...the one with less money. Smiley

--

There appears to be a bit less camouflage on these latest Porsche Macan prototype mules...

Porsche Macan testing at the Nurburgring -- Gallery Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Indeed - not much camo left. The silhouette looks still like a mini Cayenne. For me way too much round and also to small to be an SUV.

Boxster Coupe GTS:

There appears to be a bit less camouflage on these latest Porsche Macan prototype mules...

The profile is much more raked than the Cayenne and most SUVs attempting a 911esque appearance. We'll see if it works when the cafo comes off.

The test car is very low in terms of ground clearance. Will there be an air suspension option with a Track Mode?

The size, if like the Q5's, will be ideal for most owners. Not too small and not the huge to impair city driving, parking etc.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:
    Atzporsche:

Not sure you are right. I rather think it tries to go for the non-typical Porsche crowd...the one with less money. Smiley

Not sure you are 100% right. Of course Macan will be cheaper.

I can provide you with a statement of Piech - the next Cayenne should have lots of design elements of Macan. He felt in love with the Macan hood. On the pictures you don´t see it right. The hood is totally different and looks powerfull. So expect the next Cayenne to have the same or similar hood. Therefore they need to produce and invent totally new press. Piech said that he don´t accept a "NO" after an engineer told him that this isn´t possible. "Geht nicht gibt´s nicht"

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

reginos:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

The profile is much more raked than the Cayenne and most SUVs attempting a 911esque appearance. We'll see if it works when the cafo comes off.

The test car is very low in terms of ground clearance. Will there be an air suspension option with a Track Mode?

The size, if like the Q5's, will be ideal for most owners. Not too small and not the huge to impair city driving, parking etc.

I noticed that too. So far, the weakest point of the Cajun design is the sloped rear for me. Let's wait and see how the car will look like in final trim.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

The sloped rear is actually what is supposed to make the Macan look more dynamic than the "classic" SUV Cayenne.

Speaking of Macan and Cayenne design elements: I would be surprised if the all new Macan, a 2014 car and Porsche's latest addition to the Porsche model family, wouldn't share certain design elements with the next Cayenne generation. So I guess this is no real surprise here.

--

must be missiing PDCC on that test mule

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

RC:
    Atzporsche:

I think the Macan wll also be an alternaticve for people who want a sporty station wagon, but would like to sit higher up . A turbo S version with 430 hp or so would make some potential Audi RS4 buyer think again....Smiley

--

turbolite

I wish Porsche design department would get over their square shaped exhaust obsession.mail

Spyderidol:

I wish Porsche design department would get over their square shaped exhaust obsession.mail

Turbo only... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Never-the-less, it is ugly.

Spyderidol:

Not necessarily ugly, rather AMG-ish.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    Spyderidol:

Not necessarily ugly, rather AMG-ish.

AMG-ish and ugly. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    576518 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

356414 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    85728 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/4/21 8:01 AM
    bluelines
    43207 328
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35017 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32639 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/9/21 2:25 PM
    Porker
    14740 297
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4095 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    560621 5257
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/20/20 8:24 AM
    schmoell
    533215 4260
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/12/21 7:15 AM
    GnilM
    400089 3571
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/11/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    355007 3912
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352076 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    312189 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309505 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    215039 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    182085 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160208 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    137919 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/11/21 7:38 PM