Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Hi guys,

    My PSE arrived earlier than expected, is there anything i should specifically look out for when collecting the car? btw what should i do with the old exhaust?

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Hi Mike!!!, we just got installed (retrofit) the PSE too , well actually since monday of this week ....

    Just let me say guys, that PSE is just the BEST option to go for, as simple as that, each time engine starts is as if we had another car, I love it!!!!!! ....

    @Carlos; The loudness modification was already with the hose tube off ( I think porsche dealers visit too frequently rennteam.com), well so no problem at all trying to do the modification , btw thanks for all your pics

    @Mike; We left the stock exhausts at dealer, reason is that we got PSE for free, we only had to pay for the installation....

    Will also put some pics and videos during next week

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    You're going to love this option. I've had mine for a couple of days now and I can't wait to drive the car just like when it was brand new.

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hi guys,

    My PSE arrived earlier than expected, is there anything i should specifically look out for when collecting the car? btw what should i do with the old exhaust?



    Nothing that I can think of. It should just be a plug and play.
    I kept my stock exhaust.

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    I don't know if I should keep the stock exhausts, I know no one would rather have the stock over the PSE and if I kept it, it would just take up unneccessary space which I might need later on. Here is my baby at the dealer, leaving her there today so that they can get started on the installation nice ad early tomorro - going to pick her up on Saturday

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    I left mine Mike...

    Oooohhh It's going to be like picking her up the first time... but this time she's a little bit feistier... Enjoy!

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I don't know if I should keep the stock exhausts, I know no one would rather have the stock over the PSE and if I kept it, it would just take up unneccessary space which I might need later on. Here is my baby at the dealer, leaving her there today so that they can get started on the installation nice ad early tomorro - going to pick her up on Saturday




    If it doesn't cost you anything to keep it, I would rather have the exhaust and not need it, then need it and not have it.

    You're about to be an even HAPPIER camper Mike !

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC QUESTION DEAR FRIENDS!



    I've had mine for about two weeks now and I was wondering if the cut off switch had any other effect on the car besides the sound.

    For example:

    Low Rev cutoff - does this maintain the stock torque numbers? Since the PSE is switch off backpressure is retained

    Gas Mileage? - Any changes noticed. Mine has been the same.

    Excellent question!

    Quote:
    tooner said:
    SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC QUESTION DEAR FRIENDS!

    Low Rev cutoff - does this maintain the stock torque numbers? Since the PSE is switch off backpressure is retained




    That's a very good question and I've ever bothered asking it bc I don't have the car yet.
    But I keep thinking that if Porsche made the cut off DME dependant and not speed only dependant then it's not only about the sound is it???
    There's gotta be some back pressure loss involved here.
    Thanks for asking the question.
    I wonder if anyone knows?

    Re: Excellent question!

    bah you had to spoil the moment by making it all complicated tooner! :P just kidding, very good question, i'd like to know the answer too! c'mon you technical ppl where are u when we need ya.

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    You're about to be an even HAPPIER camper Mike !



    thanks stradale, i CAN'T WAIT! this coming week is going to be overwhelming! on myself and my bank acc lol tomorrow i'm collecting my SL65 and leaving my trusty 55 behind (i could almost shed a tear ) and the day after i'm collecting my 997 with the PSE! and next saturday i take delivery of my Cayenne Turbo

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    You're about to be an even HAPPIER camper Mike !



    thanks stradale, i CAN'T WAIT! this coming week is going to be overwhelming! on myself and my bank acc lol tomorrow i'm collecting my SL65 and leaving my trusty 55 behind (i could almost shed a tear ) and the day after i'm collecting my 997 with the PSE! and next saturday i take delivery of my Cayenne Turbo



    ...all this and the dust from the addition to the palace...poor guy! ...Cheers, Mike -- sounds like a great week, be sure to post impressions of all three new chariots asap.

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    it just worked out the way it did accidentally, (pse arriving early, me spotting a 65 on showroom etc.) i didn't plan for it so happen so close to one another. but you can count on a review

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    thanks stradale, i CAN'T WAIT! this coming week is going to be overwhelming! on myself and my bank acc lol



    Just make sure you have 6 months of cash in the bank left so that you don't have to live paycheck to paycheck like the rest of us.

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    hahaha i live in africa, when i'm hungry and have no money ... i'll go hunt wild animals or something lmao! just kidding

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    You're about to be an even HAPPIER camper Mike !



    thanks stradale, i CAN'T WAIT! this coming week is going to be overwhelming! on myself and my bank acc lol tomorrow i'm collecting my SL65 and leaving my trusty 55 behind (i could almost shed a tear ) and the day after i'm collecting my 997 with the PSE! and next saturday i take delivery of my Cayenne Turbo



    Wow Mike.... werent you happy with the performance of the "normal" SL55????
    Man..... If you Had to pick ONLY one of your cars, and that would be your daily driver and your car to have fun in, which would it be???
    Whats that i hear, what P P P P Por....?

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    By the way, enjoy your new cars...

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    BC997J said: Wow Mike.... werent you happy with the performance of the "normal" SL55????
    Man..... If you Had to pick ONLY one of your cars, and that would be your daily driver and your car to have fun in, which would it be???
    Whats that i hear, what P P P P Por....?



    thanks BC997 - the 55 was great, really it was, i just starting seeing to many of them and i really like the SL *drools* the rooooof... the 65 has the panoramic roof as well, will be quite nice.

    i use the Touareg V10 or X5 as a daily driver, sometimes the Cooper S lol! depending what I feel like

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Cooper S as well!!!???
    Does this ever stop??
    Why do you have 2 SUV's by the way??

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    MikeS .... enjoy your new cars.... What a great collection!
    I will get my new 997 at the end of the year...my south african wife wants us to go the SA for 3 month in january.... How will I drive my new car...? I told her we can't I have to do the breack in...:-))

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Cooper S as well!!!???
    Does this ever stop??
    Why do you have 2 SUV's by the way??



    i don't really know, like i said i didn't plan it, if it felt right at that moment, i buy the car after next weekend i'll have 3 suv's BC997

    Quote:
    gnil said:
    MikeS .... enjoy your new cars.... What a great collection!
    I will get my new 997 at the end of the year...my south african wife wants us to go the SA for 3 month in january.... How will I drive my new car...? I told her we can't I have to do the breack in...:-))



    show her who's boss, can she speak afrikaans gnil?

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    [ can she speak afrikaans gnil?



    Only what she learned at school
    My inlaws speek english... lucky me, so much easyer!!

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Mike you have the most amazing collection of cars there!!!
    You must be a local hero!

    If I get it right you have a Noble, X5, Toey V10(!), 997, Cooper S, Cay T, SL65(!)

    That is beyond my imagination! Where do you even find the time to check Rennteam so regularly
    I would be constantly on the road!!!

    Enjoy your PSE and let us know what you think of it (and piczzzz!!)

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    Mike you have the most amazing collection of cars there!!!
    You must be a local hero!

    If I get it right you have a Noble, X5, Toey V10(!), 997, Cooper S, Cay T, SL65(!)

    That is beyond my imagination! Where do you even find the time to check Rennteam so regularly
    I would be constantly on the road!!!

    Enjoy your PSE and let us know what you think of it (and piczzzz!!)



    My thoughts too!

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Not to mention all the wild elephants he gets to ride too!

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Not to mention all the wild elephants he gets to ride too!



    ROFL!!!

    well i got my car back today and naturally on the way home i listened closely for the cut-off and as i hit 60kph there it went, i immediately pulled off that tube to make it PSE on all the time as soon as i got home here are some pics

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    nice rear

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Very nice Mike

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    This must be the best photo I've EVER taken, I should get some award or something from Porsche lol!

    Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

    Very nice pic indeed!
    So how do you like the sound Mike?

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 10/25/21 12:29 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    492503 1291
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 11/8/21 7:43 PM
    Leawood911
    181149 1154
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 11/12/21 10:01 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    71753 383
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 11/25/21 6:30 PM
    watt
    67304 686
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 11/19/21 6:44 AM
    bluelines
    53275 529
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    49102 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    13444 29
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/18/21 3:28 PM
    RCA
    529 0
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    474168 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    390046 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 11/25/21 12:31 AM
    WhoopsyM
    386227 3949
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    351721 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 10/8/21 11:41 AM
    xpto
    321091 2647
    Porsche 992 GT3 12/1/21 8:05 AM
    throt
    278521 3125
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    254854 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    169376 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    120090 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    104512 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/9/21 1:11 PM
    CGX car nut
    95451 1231
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    83328 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    74266 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    74211 824
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 11/30/21 2:32 PM
    RCA
    53940 1398
    Others Bugatti Chiron 11/4/21 5:58 AM
    WhoopsyM
    44112 500
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 11/10/21 2:32 PM
    Topspeed
    41154 532
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    39937 615
    Porsche GT4RS 11/28/21 2:38 PM
    bluelines
    38161 710
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 12/1/21 11:22 AM
    kudryavchik
    33295 1074
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    31190 394
    Ferrari 488 Replacement 4/17/21 8:28 PM
    Rossi
    28008 370
    252 items found, displaying 1 to 30.