Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ferrari Sues For Leaked Scuderia PDF

Ferrari is suing the Australian dealer for leaking the F430 Scuderia PDF file wich was an internal circular.

Re: Ferrari Sues For Leaked Scuderia PDF

Any link to this? Wow, the F-control freaks are really getting sue happy these days.

I don't care, I already have the pdf-file.

But to be serious, I really think Ferrari should take it a little bit easier.

bad, but not as bad as Porsche threatening to sue because some sites had pictures of their cars up.

How bloody stupid? What are they suing for?

Didn't Apple sue and close down a very friendly Apple website also?

the pdf's posted here- do the mods want to delete it?

my mate put it up

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Ferrari is suing the Australian dealer for leaking the F430 Scuderia PDF file wich was an internal circular.

where's this info from please?

Quote:
    ashsimmonds said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:

where's this info from please?

you're gunna do jail time boy !!!!!!!!!!

they gotta do what they gotta do. probably would be been better just to revoke that dealership's license, would have sent a much harder message to other would be internal leakers

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    I don't care, I already have the pdf-file.

But to be serious, I really think Ferrari should take it a little bit easier.

Can you give me that PDF file?

Quote:
    ACP said:

Ink on paper ?

Since the F40 has been discontinued, I hardly care about Ferrari and their Go-kart with gizmos and automatic box

Don't the people have the right to sue them too, because of their silly price tags ?

Quote:
    BiTurbo said:
    Quote:
    ACP said:

Ink on paper ?

Since the F40 has been discontinued, I hardly care about Ferrari and their Go-kart with gizmos and automatic box

Don't the people have the right to sue them too, because of their silly price tags ?

You can't compare the situations.

People do not have to pay Ferrari's prices. They can buy a Hyundai instead.

But the Ferrari dealer will probably have signed a contract with Ferrari committing himself to maintain confidentiality regarding any papers declared to be confidential, so Ferrari would be within its rights to sue for breach of contract.

Hyundai doesn't look nor sound like an Italian monster

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    they gotta do what they gotta do. probably would be been better just to revoke that dealership's license, would have sent a much harder message to other would be internal leakers

I'm not sure if Ferrari is doing the right thing.
    Here's my thought of this: dealers have customers, good customers, VERY good customers. Products like a Ferrari or even a Porsche are products which are sold to customers involving mostly emotions, less brains. Now if a very good customer asks the dealer for information about a new product, the dealer is in a very difficult position. IF he already has the information, he can't tell the customer that he doesn't have it because if the customer finds out...well...not good lying to a customer. IF the dealer refuses to give the customer the information, the customer gets angry, also very understandable. Nobody who is willing to pay big money and/or already left hundreds of thousands with a dealer would accept a "no" from the dealer. I wouldn't. Let's assume that the dealer gives the customer the necessary information but asks him to keep it confidential. Now the "clever" customer gives a sh.t about what his dealer asks him, simply because he thinks "hell, I left half a million at this dealer over the past 10 years, he can kiss my a.., I'm the customer, I'm the king".

The customer posts the info on the internet to show to his fellow car enthusiasts his new "baby" up and close.

What does Ferrari? They punish the dealer for being customer friendly. Very clever.

IF this story happened like this, I don't know.

The dealer doesn't have to lie. All he has to do is say, yes, we have information, but it is confidential until a certain date. If a customer can't accept that, well, maybe that customer should grow up.

I remain skeptical that Ferrari is suing one of its dealers. It can easily be handled internally without the dirty laundry being displayed to the general public.

Ferrari will have to show that the dealer authorized the posting which may be a considerable hurdle to prove. Even if they were to get over that hurdle, what are their damages? Wasn't the PDF going to be made public anyway?

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    If a customer can't accept that, well, maybe that customer should grow up.

Oh well, sounds great in theory but in real life, things work different. "Don't you trust me? I won't tell anybody." would the customer say. What does the dealer reply? "I don't trust you!"? It doesn't work this way I'm afraid.

I also would like to see the dealer who tells his longtime customer to grow up.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    ..If a customer can't accept that, well, maybe that customer should grow up.

Name ONE Ferrari grown up customer?!

That is a really good point RC. And in the case of Australia, one Ferrari would have cost the customer half a mil, so a very good Ferrari customer like some of my friends here would have easily dropped 4-5m in the last 10 years! Anyway, I spoke to the Ferrari guys in Melbourne, and they aren't aware of any law suit. Or maybe they are just lying, seeing that I am not even a customer let alone a good one.

Quote:
    WAY said:
    That is a really good point RC. And in the case of Australia, one Ferrari would have cost the customer half a mil, so a very good Ferrari customer like some of my friends here would have easily dropped 4-5m in the last 10 years! Anyway, I spoke to the Ferrari guys in Melbourne, and they aren't aware of any law suit. Or maybe they are just lying

that's more like it

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I remain skeptical that Ferrari is suing one of its dealers. It can easily be handled internally without the dirty laundry being displayed to the general public.

Ferrari will have to show that the dealer authorized the posting which may be a considerable hurdle to prove. Even if they were to get over that hurdle, what are their damages? Wasn't the PDF going to be made public anyway?

I agree with Nick. Ferrari surely won't sue the dealer for such a bagatelle. Perhaps there will be an internal reproval to show more discretion next time, but that's it.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    ..If a customer can't accept that, well, maybe that customer should grow up.

Name ONE Ferrari grown up customer?!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    578462 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

357344 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    86097 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/20/21 4:07 PM
    Wonderbar
    44051 338
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35190 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32871 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/20/21 11:02 AM
    Joost
    15310 310
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4297 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    561574 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/13/21 10:04 AM
    996FourEss
    401511 3585
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/13/21 8:01 AM
    BjoernB
    355815 3915
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352698 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    313007 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309680 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    215942 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    183134 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160380 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    137998 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/20/21 8:55 PM