Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Z06 vs GT2

    http://autozeitung.de/online/render.php?render=0088407

    Points:-
    Z06: 2539pts
    GT2: 2750pts
















    Re: Z06 vs GT2














    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Gr8 pics, both cars look gr8 while there is no match for the GT2. Thanks for posting

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    HOLY MOLY!!! GREAT CARS !!

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    GT2 forever, even if i lke the Z06

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Beautiful pictures. The Z06 is a great car but I would really love to have a GT2.

    Jim

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    The gt2 is a another league...

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    On a cosmetic level the ZO6 is dripping with overdone, pedestrian, GM styling. Big-a**ed wing not withstanding, Porsche's classic styling is supreme and sophisticated. If the Vette looked more _inspired_, less "trying-to-please-everybody," less excessively busy and literally _reptilian_, I'd buy one (would never trade in my P-car for it though).

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Another comp view:

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Having owned both cars, the Z06 even had a lot of work done Callaway, I can tell you that you will get tired of the Corvette sooner or later but you never get tired of the Porsche. The overall performance of the Corvette is truly impressive, but still a little rough and the overall build quality will disappoint you - assuming that money is not a factor. The only complaint I would have with the Turbo is that it could use more power! Great photos!

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    I have a questions after looking at the picture of the GT2. The wing in the rear has the two scoops to introduce air into the engine (seems like a ram effect). How much HP increase would someone reallize if they put this wing on a regular 997TT (if any)?

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    Steve36 said:
    I have a questions after looking at the picture of the GT2. The wing in the rear has the two scoops to introduce air into the engine (seems like a ram effect). How much HP increase would someone reallize if they put this wing on a regular 997TT (if any)?



    None.

    And it wouldn't make the 997TT necessarily faster or more stable at high speeds either since too much rear upforce mitigation can slow the car down at top speed.

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    which is faster ?

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Thanks for posting. Awesome photos! Love the interior shots of the GT2 with those seats! Perfection!

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Come July 2008 I will have a GT2 in the garage with my VY Z06. I am considering Speed Yellow for the GT2.

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    hasan said:
    which is faster ?



    The GT2 is substantially faster.

    Classic design notwithstanding, I think nothing is more silly looking than drivng on public road in a car with a whale tail/wing on the rear end.

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    hasan said:
    which is faster ?



    The GT2 is substantially faster.





    Unfortunately not that much in the straight line. Latest AMS has a comparison :

    0-200km/h
    GT2 - 11,5s
    Z06 - 11,8s

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    hasan said:
    which is faster ?



    The GT2 is substantially faster.





    Unfortunately not that much in the straight line. Latest AMS has a comparison :

    0-200km/h
    GT2 - 11,5s
    Z06 - 11,8s



    And 41 seconds versus 33 seconds for the 0-300 km/h dash. Yes, the GT2 is MUCH faster.

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    hasan said:
    which is faster ?



    The GT2 is substantially faster.





    Unfortunately not that much in the straight line. Latest AMS has a comparison :

    0-200km/h
    GT2 - 11,5s
    Z06 - 11,8s



    11.2s, but I smell high 10's with a good driver

    http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/911/911-gt2/featuresandspecs/

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    hasan said:
    which is faster ?



    The GT2 is substantially faster.





    Unfortunately not that much in the straight line. Latest AMS has a comparison :

    0-200km/h
    GT2 - 11,5s
    Z06 - 11,8s



    And 41 seconds versus 33 seconds for the 0-300 km/h dash. Yes, the GT2 is MUCH faster.





    Also, 7:33 vs. 7:49 (NBR) and 1:10 vs. 1.12 (HHR). GT2 and Z06 are not even close to comparable

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    hasan said:
    which is faster ?



    The GT2 is substantially faster.





    Unfortunately not that much in the straight line. Latest AMS has a comparison :

    0-200km/h
    GT2 - 11,5s
    Z06 - 11,8s



    And 41 seconds versus 33 seconds for the 0-300 km/h dash. Yes, the GT2 is MUCH faster.





    Also, 7:33 vs. 7:49 (NBR) and 1:10 vs. 1.12 (HHR). GT2 and Z06 are not even close to comparable



    Well I said in the straight line. True about the 0-300km/h time though. Anyway, I dont think it is fully OK that a car for a 2/5 of the price can keep up with the ultimate porsche (at least up to 200 or 250 maybe). Even in german autozeitung they were not sure the GT2 is worth the price difference.

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    mv said:
    Well I said in the straight line.



    I wonder how many lateral G's are generated during the 0-300 km/h run .

    But jokes aside, how much faster do you want the car to be? The Corvette already does the 0-200 km/h dash in under 12 seconds, while the mighty Enzo Ferrari takes just slightly under 11 seconds and you know how much it costs. It isn't that the GT2 is bad value for money, it's just that when you reach these performance numbers, it takes a hell of a lot horsepower (and traction) to improve acceleration any further. The 200 to 300 km/h time is much more indicative of these cars' performance.

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    hasan said:
    which is faster ?



    The GT2 is substantially faster.





    Unfortunately not that much in the straight line. Latest AMS has a comparison :

    0-200km/h
    GT2 - 11,5s
    Z06 - 11,8s



    And 41 seconds versus 33 seconds for the 0-300 km/h dash. Yes, the GT2 is MUCH faster.





    Also, 7:33 vs. 7:49 (NBR) and 1:10 vs. 1.12 (HHR). GT2 and Z06 are not even close to comparable



    Well I said in the straight line. True about the 0-300km/h time though. Anyway, I dont think it is fully OK that a car for a 2/5 of the price can keep up with the ultimate porsche (at least up to 200 or 250 maybe). Even in german autozeitung they were not sure the GT2 is worth the price difference.



    Agreed, the price difference is huge. But then: the GT2 is the top performing sportscar of today. In this case one could argue that those looking for the best might be willing to pay an extra premium

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    mv said:
    Well I said in the straight line.



    I wonder how many lateral G's are generated during the 0-300 km/h run .




    That part of my reply was for MKSGR as he started to throw around track times.

    It is quite strange that while Turbo's have no difficulties reaching and surpassing mfr claims in acceleration tests the GT-models (both GT3 and GT2) do.

    The GT2 is actually not much faster than 997 Turbo Cab, at least up to 200km/h. Both in Sport auto and Autozeitung in recent tests, they measured 12,3s/12,4s for the Turbo Cab and 11,5s for the GT2. Which is not the difference I would expect (in case of 996 it was completely different). As for the 0-300km/h time of the GT2, I would rather wait for an independent test (remember Carrera gt).

    Anyway, I do not want to argue that the GT2 is the best sports car on the market (at least for real drivers, no poseurs).

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    mv said:

    The GT2 is actually not much faster than 997 Turbo Cab, at least up to 200km/h. Both in Sport auto and Autozeitung in recent tests, they measured 12,3s/12,4s for the Turbo Cab and 11,5s for the GT2. Which is not the difference I would expect (in case of 996 it was completely different). As for the 0-300km/h time of the GT2, I would rather wait for an independent test (remember Carrera gt).

    Anyway, I do not want to argue that the GT2 is the best sports car on the market (at least for real drivers, no poseurs).



    Regarding the independant test of the claimed 0-300 performance: we already have one (RC did it, see his posts in another thread).

    Differences in 0-200 times are never too big. For example a Rt12 does 0-200 in 9.5s, the GT2 and 599 in around 11s, the 997TT (as you quoted above) in 12.5s. Essentially, these differences are minor.

    Only above 200kph you really feel the difference between lets say a Rt12 and a 997TT. At high speeds cars like GT2, 599 or even Rt12 are in a class of their own

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    mv said:

    The GT2 is actually not much faster than 997 Turbo Cab, at least up to 200km/h. Both in Sport auto and Autozeitung in recent tests, they measured 12,3s/12,4s for the Turbo Cab and 11,5s for the GT2. Which is not the difference I would expect (in case of 996 it was completely different). As for the 0-300km/h time of the GT2, I would rather wait for an independent test (remember Carrera gt).

    Anyway, I do not want to argue that the GT2 is the best sports car on the market (at least for real drivers, no poseurs).



    Regarding the independant test of the claimed 0-300 performance: we already have one (RC did it, see his posts in another thread).

    Differences in 0-200 times are never too big. For example a Rt12 does 0-200 in 9.5s, the GT2 and 599 in around 11s, the 997TT (as you quoted above) in 12.5s. Essentially, these differences are minor.

    Only above 200kph you really feel the difference between lets say a Rt12 and a 997TT. At high speeds cars like GT2, 599 or even Rt12 are in a class of their own



    I think we all are aware of it. But I reckon I am not the only one who expected the 0-200km/h time in high 10 second range. Yes, thats a few tenths of a second, call it nitpicking, but anyway.

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Lap time
    Z06 1,39.4 (Good Year RFT)
    GT2 1,37.0 (Pilot Cup)

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    Duncan said:
    Lap time
    Z06 1,39.4 (Good Year RFT)
    GT2 1,37.0 (Pilot Cup)



    If these times are true: Wow, I thought the GT2 lap times would have been further apart. We all know that Cup tires are good for 1 to 2 seconds advantage a lap

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    stradman said:
    Quote:
    Duncan said:
    Lap time
    Z06 1,39.4 (Good Year RFT)
    GT2 1,37.0 (Pilot Cup)



    If these times are true: Wow, I thought the GT2 lap times would have been further apart. We all know that Cup tires are good for 1 to 2 seconds advantage a lap



    What if the GT2 had the Z06's run flat-type rubber and visa versa ?

    Shouldn't the Z06 only be compared with the regular Turbo , and the GT2 compared with the coming ZR1 , as that would then be comparing the " ultra " version of each model ? I don't understand the point of this comparo , esp since the turbochargers and smaller frontal aspect of the GT2 should give it the expected advantage at high speeds/ rpms .
    And don't even bother to bring up the decades long HP and price deltas , or you won't be able to compare the Z06 and coming ZR1 Corvette with any 911 , no matter how you bracket them .

    Re: Z06 vs GT2

    Quote:
    MKW said:Shouldn't the Z06 only be compared with the regular Turbo, and the GT2 compared with the coming ZR1 , as that would then be comparing the " ultra " version of each model ?



    It all depends on what criteria a buyer wants to use to decide what sports car to buy.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 8:03 AM
    RCA
     
     
     
     
     
    572540 1305
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/23/22 1:43 PM
    Rossi
    222091 1179
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/18/22 6:34 AM
    GnilM
    111033 957
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/1/22 7:14 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    108014 405
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 1/3/22 7:55 AM
    Rossi
    89190 531
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    31397 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    511610 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    426915 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    423848 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    387244 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    364489 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/13/22 3:48 PM
    Grant
    345984 3536
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    289208 1587
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    137317 772
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 4/25/22 7:26 PM
    bluelines
    134385 1388
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    110635 209
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    109649 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/22 3:29 PM
    Enmanuel
    107325 709
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 5/12/22 9:01 PM
    Leawood911
    92219 1637
    Porsche GT4RS 5/16/22 7:03 AM
    Porker
    83321 933
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    75713 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    74733 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 12/15/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    70118 533
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    61594 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/4/22 7:10 AM
    GnilM
    54473 472
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 7/21/21 6:22 PM
    Topspeed
    53905 592
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 10/16/21 1:07 PM
    Pentium
    53820 719
    Others Corvette C8 11/8/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    49767 442
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    26473 640
    AMG AMG plotting new SLR with hybrid power for 2018 launch 2/22/22 2:34 PM
    Topspeed
    24032 275
    224 items found, displaying 1 to 30.