Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    sigs said:
    Congrats, RC. Beautiful vehicle. Love the color. I wish you and your family many fun and safe miles - sorry, kilometers - and I hope your recent black ice episode is your last one for a while.

    When you have time to investigate further, I'd love to hear details about the differences in throttle hesitation, since the Turbo S supposedly has the same components and programming as your Powerkit.



    I just said that the motronic programming is the same, meaning it has the same engine power.
    My Cayenne Turbo Powerkit was a MY 2004 model, my current Turbo S is a MY 2007 model (Germany). A lot of things have been changed/improved in three years and it feels that way. My steering feel is different (more direct, still Servotronic), throttle response is definetely MUCH better, almost perfect and the acceleration hesitation from standstill is almost gone too. Also the gears shift slightly faster and with less delay. Fuel consumption is still the same though.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Here are two more pictures of my new Turbo S.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Second one.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    RC said:
    Second one.



    You removed the badge so the neighbours won't talk behind your back

    Even though I understand it, I think you just worry too much about what people think.

    Great pics. Great car. Enjoy it in good health.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Your Turbo S has a great colour RC! Are those the winter tires you put on the car or did you decide on other wheels rather than the Techno ones?

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    The kids' faces have also been airbrushed .

    Congrats on the new car, RC!

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Congrats RC, great car!

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Your Turbo S has a great colour RC! Are those the winter tires you put on the car or did you decide on other wheels rather than the Techno ones?



    I took the winter wheels with me from my "old" Turbo.
    The summer wheels are Technos with 10J rear rims, they look absolutely great. Just can't wait for summer time, may take a while though over here. Thanks.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    From the first photo you posted i was going to ask you if you would remove the turbo s badge but aparrently you already remove it.

    Woshhhhhh

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo said:
    From the first photo you posted i was going to ask you if you would remove the turbo s badge but aparrently you already remove it.

    Woshhhhhh



    First thing I did...sad that I needed to remove it.

    Neighbors, customers...they better not know what kind of car this is. I seem to be lucky: a lot of people have already seen the new Turbo S and apparently nobody seems to have a clue that this is a new car, despite the different colour. Me and my wife are really happy about that, no more questions like "oh, you have a new car?" to reply to.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo said:
    From the first photo you posted i was going to ask you if you would remove the turbo s badge but aparrently you already remove it.

    Woshhhhhh



    First thing I did...sad that I needed to remove it.

    Neighbors, customers...they better not know what kind of car this is. I seem to be lucky: a lot of people have already seen the new Turbo S and apparently nobody seems to have a clue that this is a new car, despite the different colour. Me and my wife are really happy about that, no more questions like "oh, you have a new car?" to reply to.



    You should've put only the Cayenne badge on and said that you just couldn't afford the Turbo anymore .

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    If i'm not wrong "nobody" knew he had a turbo before.I think RC used to tell people that his cayenne was a v6 with the turbo styling.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Congrats on your new wheels.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    ha said:
    Congrats on your new wheels.



    Thanks.

    Btw: my employees already saw the new Turbo S, so did my parents, a few neighbors, some customers and even friends.
    Can you imagine...NOT A SINGLE PERSON seems to realize that this is a new Cayenne, nobody said a word. Me and my wife are in heaven.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    RC said:

    Btw: my employees already saw the new Turbo S, so did my parents, a few neighbors, some customers and even friends.
    Can you imagine...NOT A SINGLE PERSON seems to realize that this is a new Cayenne, nobody said a word. Me and my wife are in heaven.



    Funny. My first thought was that every employee of your company would check your website regularly to know how their boss is "off-duty"

    Oh, and congrats for the new car. I'm probably getting old but that interior with the wooden inlays looks classy.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Congrats Christian, it looks very nice and stealthy

    Any idea why Porsche claims that the Turbo S with 521 PS/720 nm is 0.1 sec slower to 100 kph than the facelift Turbo with 500 PS/700 nm (identical weight)

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    RC, out of curiosity why do you give a damn about what people say? I don't get the paranoia....removing badges, hoping no one notices....it's a shambles.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    mish said:
    RC, out of curiosity why do you give a damn about what people say? I don't get the paranoia....removing badges, hoping no one notices....it's a shambles.



    He has to think about customers. Many people will resent a person they hand money to using that money to buy nice cars. It's human jealousy at its best.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    Crash said: Many people will resent a person they hand money to using that money to buy nice cars. It's human jealousy at its best.



    That is exactly how its getting to be in Europe (I'm fairly lucky that were I live I have no problems, its my daily driver, I take it everywere, and doesn't give me many problems so far) and I know that our US members will find it hard to believe but its true.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Crash said: Many people will resent a person they hand money to using that money to buy nice cars. It's human jealousy at its best.



    That is exactly how its getting to be in Europe (I'm fairly lucky that were I live I have no problems, its my daily driver, I take it everywere, and doesn't give me many problems so far) and I know that our US members will find it hard to believe but its true.



    Very. One shouldn't care for other people's opinions, but when that can affect your business, you better be careful.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Probably not exactly related, but I recently tried to lease a new Cayenne S in France, and was told by the dealer that he only leases black or silver cars with black or grey interiors, as other colors (the new olive green with chestnut interior, for example), are not "successful" in France.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    Wonderbar said:
    Probably not exactly related, but I recently tried to lease a new Cayenne S in France, and was told by the dealer that he only leases black or silver cars with black or grey interiors, as other colors (the new olive green with chestnut interior, for example), are not "successful" in France.



    Pretty much the same situation here in the UK - overwhelmig preference for black when dealers are buying

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    temm said:
    Congrats Christian, it looks very nice and stealthy

    Any idea why Porsche claims that the Turbo S with 521 PS/720 nm is 0.1 sec slower to 100 kph than the facelift Turbo with 500 PS/700 nm (identical weight)



    It think that the gearbox reacts faster from standstill. So that could be a reason. The other thing could be the new sport-button. Faster throttle response...

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    I think on a higher level it work in two different ways, some people are jealous, the other think that you have to be good and successful at what you do in your life to be able to afoot such a car.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    mish said:
    RC, out of curiosity why do you give a damn about what people say? I don't get the paranoia....removing badges, hoping no one notices....it's a shambles.



    Not caring is not always a wise move. Why attract unnecessary attention? Would you show off an exotic ride in a tough neighborhood because you don't care what people think?

    I personally don't like the attention either. I bought the car because I enjoy driving the car, and I don't need to become a conversation piece. Therefore, I do the same thing -- my clients only sees me in my Honda.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    slawekl said:
    I think on a higher level it work in two different ways, some people are jealous, the other think that you have to be good and successful at what you do in your life to be able to afoot such a car.



    That's true. However, in his line of business, that concept doesn't float.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    CityRacer said:
    Quote:
    mish said:
    RC, out of curiosity why do you give a damn about what people say? I don't get the paranoia....removing badges, hoping no one notices....it's a shambles.



    Not caring is not always a wise move. Why attract unnecessary attention? Would you show off an exotic ride in a tough neighborhood because you don't care what people think?

    I personally don't like the attention either. I bought the car because I enjoy driving the car, and I don't need to become a conversation piece. Therefore, I do the same thing -- my clients only sees me in my Honda.


    In my line of business, if I go to work in a honda I will have no work at all. I make sure all my patients see the car parked outside so it does its job as symbol of success which is important in my field and to bring more business .

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    aah986 said:
    Quote:
    CityRacer said:
    Quote:
    mish said:
    RC, out of curiosity why do you give a damn about what people say? I don't get the paranoia....removing badges, hoping no one notices....it's a shambles.



    Not caring is not always a wise move. Why attract unnecessary attention? Would you show off an exotic ride in a tough neighborhood because you don't care what people think?

    I personally don't like the attention either. I bought the car because I enjoy driving the car, and I don't need to become a conversation piece. Therefore, I do the same thing -- my clients only sees me in my Honda.


    In my line of business, if I go to work in a honda I will have no work at all. I make sure all my patients see the car parked outside so it does its job as symbol of success which is important in my field and to bring more business .



    Cosmetic Surgeon?

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:

    In my line of business, if I go to work in a honda I will have no work at all. I make sure all my patients see the car parked outside so it does its job as symbol of success which is important in my field and to bring more business .



    That's true in some cases too. I suppose that would call for rebadging the car as a Turbo S.

    Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

    Quote:
    Danny G said:
    Quote:
    aah986 said:
    Quote:
    CityRacer said:
    Quote:
    mish said:
    RC, out of curiosity why do you give a damn about what people say? I don't get the paranoia....removing badges, hoping no one notices....it's a shambles.



    Not caring is not always a wise move. Why attract unnecessary attention? Would you show off an exotic ride in a tough neighborhood because you don't care what people think?

    I personally don't like the attention either. I bought the car because I enjoy driving the car, and I don't need to become a conversation piece. Therefore, I do the same thing -- my clients only sees me in my Honda.


    In my line of business, if I go to work in a honda I will have no work at all. I make sure all my patients see the car parked outside so it does its job as symbol of success which is important in my field and to bring more business .



    Cosmetic Surgeon?


    close, Plastic surgeon

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804556 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448920 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266620 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90261 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6886 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    886363 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835057 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM
    mcdelaug
    400357 1454
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM
    nberry
    396450 1526
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/13/23 2:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    383740 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/3/23 12:30 PM
    Porker
    371219 797
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 5/12/24 6:23 PM
    blueflame
    293794 669
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 10/19/23 7:06 PM
    CGX car nut
     
     
     
     
     
    266371 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/30/23 6:59 PM
    mcdelaug
    244271 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 6/25/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    238789 101
    Others Corvette C8 10/16/23 3:24 PM
    Enmanuel
    222583 488
    Others Gordon Murray - T.50 11/22/23 10:27 AM
    mcdelaug
    173301 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 6/11/23 5:13 PM
    CGX car nut
    145086 144
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 12/29/23 9:04 AM
    RCA
    121341 303
    Motor Sp. 2023 Formula One 12/19/23 5:38 AM
    WhoopsyM
    112120 685
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 3/7/24 4:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    85853 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 2/23/24 10:03 PM
    blueflame
    76087 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 3/3/24 7:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    55109 314
    Motor Sp. Porsche 963 5/16/24 11:43 PM
    mcdelaug
    26771 248
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 1/21/24 4:29 PM
    GT-Boy
    21862 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 4/8/24 1:43 PM
    Ferdie
    20405 140
    AMG G63 sold out 9/15/23 7:38 PM
    Nico997
    17219 120
    AMG [2022] Mercedes-AMG SL 4/23/24 1:24 PM
    RCA
    14663 225
    Motor Sp. 24-Hour race Nürburgring 2018 5/25/23 10:42 PM
    Grant
    11661 55
    Porsche Porsche Mission X Hypercar 12/3/23 8:52 AM
    996FourEss
    11208 63
    123 items found, displaying 1 to 30.