Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    2009 TT Arrival

    All, i have an '09TT that the dealer says is finished and in route. Has anyone taken actual delivery of an '09TT yet? I am curious if Porsche is holding them for some reason and if so how long? Mine was an August 22 build. The waiting is murder. I sold my 2002 TT anticipating the arrival of the new one. Mistake! Should have waited until the new one arrived.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Mine was completed 8/20 and left port 8/27. The ship is Equuleus Leader, due in San Diego on 9/23. I was told to expect it at the end of the month. I would guess yours is on the same boat.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Best csse sscenario from ONVESL status,

    14-20 days on the ship, a couple days in customs, another couple of days to arrive at dealer, inspection/prep.

    You are looking at 25-30 days.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    My 09TT is finished and is on its way to Sweden. Should be at the dealar ready to pick up in about 2 weeks.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Last I heard a finished car can just miss the boat and then wind up sitting in a lot waiting for enough cars to accumulate for the next ship. WOW! THAT's a painful waste of time.

    Make your sales guy find out for you. That's what they're supposed to do with their "down time."

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    I have just been given notice by the dealer that they expect to deliver my '09 Turbo on October 1st. Has anyone else gotten dealer verification of date of delivery?

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Mine just went through the Panama Canal yesterday and is scheduled to arrive in San Diego on either Sept 22 or 23. Oct 1 seems reasonable for both of us.

    I assume yours is probably on this ship too.



    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    LOL. I always love to post this pic when the subject comes up.



    (don't worry the chances are extremely remote )

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    LOL. I always love to post this pic when the subject comes up.



    (don't worry the chances are extremely remote )



    Indeed, containers are MOST likely to be damaged during loading/unloading.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    LOL. I always love to post this pic when the subject comes up.



    (don't worry the chances are extremely remote )



    I was thinking about this photo too.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Hearty congrats to the soon to be owners!
    If you haven't had a Turbo before, please get ready for the stupendous power; it still makes me grin every minute that I am in this car, 8 months and 8000 miles later. This is a car that is, as the French would say, "sans pareil"!

    Sparkhill, I love that picture of the canal with your car's boat. I missed that one while my car was on vessel and to this day regret it.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Sparkhill, I love that picture of the canal with your car's boat. I missed that one while my car was on vessel and to this day regret it.



    Thanks. My wife was pissed off that I kept checking the Panama Canal web-cams throughout the day for the ship to pass through. I am glad somebody appreciates the excitement.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    sparkhill said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Sparkhill, I love that picture of the canal with your car's boat. I missed that one while my car was on vessel and to this day regret it.



    Thanks. My wife was pissed off that I kept checking the Panama Canal web-cams throughout the day for the ship to pass through. I am glad somebody appreciates the excitement.



    LOL. Mee Too.

    Hang in there.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    OK, my 2009 997 Turbo arrived today at the dealer in Sweden. No exterior changes (it still has the smaller side mirrors, no LED-rear lights etc.). So far I have only noticed the Navi as an interior change. The Ipod-cable is in the centre console and the CD changer is now integrated in the Navi.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Thanks for the update

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Thanks for that info. My dealer says that my '09 TT will be at the shop on Friday or Monday. I'll believe it when I see it! The wait has been and is painful!

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Well, they are unloading the boat as I type...

    24th Street Terminal - San Diego Harbor


    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    OK, I went to see my 2009 997 TT at the dealer today. Great looking car in meteor grey with PCCBs!

    I noticed the following changes:
    - Porsche sign on the bonet is now completely flat
    - The key is nicer with more weight, entirely black and with some crome. And the buttons are lower
    - The whole Navi/ entertainment system is miles better than the old one: great touch screen, 3D view maps, excellent sound with the improved Bose system, cool ipod/aux/usb integration in the centre console, CD-changer is in the actual navigation unit

    It remains to see if the PASM/ chassis has been improved. Have not driven the car yet.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Congrats. You guys realize you have the best of both worlds? GT1 engine and brand new navigation system! How about the title of "last & greatest GT1 Turbo" ?!

    PASM may improve -- I would guess softening of the FIRM setting and perhaps firming of the SOFT, but I doubt if there would be major change to the springs or chassis. Porsche has superb engineering talent, but the company's goal for the Turbo remains a comfortable daily driver IMO. Until this philosophy changes, or untill Porsche feels enough pressure from competitors, the Turbo springs will remain too soft I'm afraid.

    Quote:
    TurboRalf said:
    OK, I went to see my 2009 997 TT at the dealer today. Great looking car in meteor grey with PCCBs!

    I noticed the following changes:
    - Porsche sign on the bonet is now completely flat
    - The key is nicer with more weight, entirely black and with some crome. And the buttons are lower
    - The whole Navi/ entertainment system is miles better than the old one: great touch screen, 3D view maps, excellent sound with the improved Bose system, cool ipod/aux/usb integration in the centre console, CD-changer is in the actual navigation unit

    It remains to see if the PASM/ chassis has been improved. Have not driven the car yet.


    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Are there any other exterior changes? Lights, exhaust/tips, etc...?

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    jefferyturbo said:
    Are there any other exterior changes? Lights, exhaust/tips, etc...?



    See item #1 listed by TurboRalf

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Well, I noticed that the exhaust tips are in chrome and not stainless steel. But I think this was changed already during 2008, or so? I might be wrong on this.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    What is the website to check this as well as the San Diego port.



    Thanks. My wife was pissed off that I kept checking the Panama Canal web-cams throughout the day for the ship to pass through. I am glad somebody appreciates the excitement.


    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    sahoon said:
    What is the website to check this as well as the San Diego port.




    San Diego

    Panama Canal

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    US Turbo customers may get a letter from PCNA very shortly with some sort of explanation. That's the latest I'm hearing.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    TurboRalf said:
    Well, I noticed that the exhaust tips are in chrome and not stainless steel. But I think this was changed already during 2008, or so? I might be wrong on this.



    That was changed in 2007. The only cars with SS tail pipes were launch cars, and maybe a few after that, but it was definately MY2007.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    Eric (Plug Guy) said:
    US Turbo customers may get a letter from PCNA very shortly with some sort of explanation. That's the latest I'm hearing.



    Eric, what are you hearing?

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Congrats. You guys realize you have the best of both worlds? GT1 engine and brand new navigation system! How about the title of "last & greatest GT1 Turbo" ?!

    PASM may improve -- I would guess softening of the FIRM setting and perhaps firming of the SOFT, but I doubt if there would be major change to the springs or chassis. Porsche has superb engineering talent, but the company's goal for the Turbo remains a comfortable daily driver IMO. Until this philosophy changes, or untill Porsche feels enough pressure from competitors, the Turbo springs will remain too soft I'm afraid.

    Quote:
    TurboRalf said:
    OK, I went to see my 2009 997 TT at the dealer today. Great looking car in meteor grey with PCCBs!

    I noticed the following changes:
    - Porsche sign on the bonet is now completely flat
    - The key is nicer with more weight, entirely black and with some crome. And the buttons are lower
    - The whole Navi/ entertainment system is miles better than the old one: great touch screen, 3D view maps, excellent sound with the improved Bose system, cool ipod/aux/usb integration in the centre console, CD-changer is in the actual navigation unit

    It remains to see if the PASM/ chassis has been improved. Have not driven the car yet.





    Are you talking about the crest? If so it can flatten very easily with one bonnet closure done incorrectly. There have been many decates on this topic, but I have found that pushing on the area directly beneath the crest (which happens to be directly above the latch) but slightly above the leading edge is the best way to close the hood. This was shown to me by one of the best detailers on the north east who happens to judge Porsches at car shows. Points are deducted for flattened hood crests. I had replaced mine with a silver one and instructed the service advisor to tell the mechanic not to push on the crests, whcih has become common practice, only to have the guy do just that after an oil change, service visit. The crest flattened with just one push.

    I am not saying that PAG didn't flatten the crest but that would seem unusual.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Congrats. You guys realize you have the best of both worlds? GT1 engine and brand new navigation system! How about the title of "last & greatest GT1 Turbo" ?!



    Cannga,
    I am having a difficult time with that one. The last of the GT1's may be the best, but the new engine may prove to be better, with better claimed mid-range, throttle response and more power. I have a MY2009 reserved for a possible build, but want to wait for the 2010. Just can't decide. All any of us can do is speculate.

    Re: 2009 TT Arrival

    Quote:
    devo said:
    Eric, what are you hearing?



    EPA and CARB certification issues. But dealers are pissed as they have turbo customers with cars sitting for weeks, and PCNA has said very little. All I know at this point is PCNA might issue letters to those customers to help 'hand hold' until the cars are released. I believe there are numerous dealers sweating this, as the economy tanks, and cars are sitting, and customers are anxious. It all adds up to a marketing disaster for Porsche. But the testing issue (EPA/CARB) is out of their hands.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    585756 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    358916 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    86858 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 5/12/21 3:30 PM
    WhoopsyM
    45313 344
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35535 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    33352 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/11/21 3:34 PM
    watt
    16803 344
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4561 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    565623 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    406547 3586
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/25/21 4:04 PM
    Topspeed
    358549 3916
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 4/29/21 7:24 AM
    GnilM
    355638 3494
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    317157 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    310196 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    218562 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    193083 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    161308 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138316 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/14/21 3:41 PM
    throt
    121518 2343
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    106564 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    77323 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 4/29/21 3:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    71263 1163
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    65114 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/21 3:21 PM
    CGX car nut
    64167 683
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    57430 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    43538 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/21 3:42 PM
    RCA
    36733 476
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    34182 615
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 5/14/21 5:33 PM
    JimFlat6
    31004 476
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    28843 385
    275 items found, displaying 1 to 30.