Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera Interior Pics

Ron (Houston):

Did you all notice a 2-door Panamera ? 

2dr.jpg

--
    Happy Driving

Ron, this isn't a two door, it is just the video who changed the look of this picture.

I actually saw an early design study of a possible 2-door Panamera(Coupe?), incl. one of a 4-door Panamera with very little rear doors, they look different. 

Let's be specific, The upholstery dept. and craftsmen at porsche have excellent skills that they now can display. The execution of the interior components are fantastic at least in pics.Smiley

But the design dept. is horrible. The overall look is way too busy, too many buttons, too many layers, too many bits. The dumbo ears in the center console serving as air inlets, the 1960 era tvs on the seatbacks, and the layer cake center console. Horrible Design.

From the land of Bauhaus we get this cluttered, distracting interior. It looks like a star trek set.

Tim:

Even though I'm not a big fan of busy interiors, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I really dig the slopped center console- I have always hoped they would adopt that concept from the GT and bring it to the 911 as it provides a cozy and sporty feeling. 

But why all those buttons? Honestly, how often do you fiddle with the climate control? 

Try looking down at 150 mph to get the right button or press the wrong one and pop the hood at 150.

xhomie:

Love the interior...Porsche's best by far. 

No offence, but not even close. The 928 interior is far better in ergonomics and design appeal

RC:
    EricAlain:

I had the opportunity to seat in the rear and there is plenty of headroom and legroom ....  I'm 5"9 (1.80m) and 80kg (176lb)... and YES, W. Wiedeking can seat comfortably in the rear....

It was actually Mr. Wiedeking who requested more head- and leg room, so yes, there should be plenty for everybody up to 1,90 m of height.
    No surprise there. Wendell continues to ruin Porsche. This awkward roofline and hideous rear-end just so gerhard schroeder can sit in back is Smiley

The new BMW 5 gt pics look like the best panamera prototype pics. Such a wasted oppurtunity.

Porsche has the skills and engineering know-how, they just can't put it together with good design. Just like the puddles debacle. What gives?

edit: I meant Helmut Kohl not gerhard schroeder

racerx:
    edit: I meant Helmut Kohl not gerhard schroeder
    haha Herr Schroeder was small for a german!

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

racerx:

From the land of Bauhaus we get this cluttered, distracting interior. It looks like a star trek set.

Wendell continues to ruin Porsche.

1)  The first remark is slightly funny in a way which you had not intended. Most Germans nowadays, when hearing the name Bauhaus, would think of a national chain of hardware stores, rather like your Home Depot. Sounds like you were suggesting that the interior trim parts were bought there.

2)  I have resisted the urge to write the following several times in the past, but I am weak .......
    The first rule of name-dropping is: "Make sure you really do know the name".
    The guy's name is Wendelin Wiedeking.
    Dr. Wendelin Wiedeking to you. Smiley

--
    fritz

fritz:
    racerx:

Wendell continues to ruin Porsche.

1)  The first remark is slightly funny in a way which you had not intended. Most Germans nowadays, when hearing the name Bauhaus, would think of a national chain of hardware stores, rather like your Home Depot. Sounds like you were suggesting that the interior trim parts were bought there.

2)  I have resisted the urge to write the following several times in the past, but I am weak .......
    The first rule of name-dropping is: "Make sure you really do know the name".
    The guy's name is Wendelin Wiedeking.
    Dr. Wendelin Wiedeking to you. Smiley

--
    fritz

I am glad you got an unintentional grin. I was talking about the design house that made popular modern design lacking of ornamentation. I favor that.

As to the name use, it is not name-dropping. It is a use for derision. Americans would understand. "Wendell" is not popular here.

This guy has turned Porsche from the dominant sports car company into a printing press for the porsche/piech extended clan. 

From Domination of F1 and unquestioned supremacy of endurance racing along with the top GT, 928, sports car, 930. and limited edition 959 to also ran. Except for the CGT I see very little domination from Porsche.

Not only that they continue to try to distance themselves from the 928 heritage, where was it in the Cayenne GTS commercial with exhausts sounding off.

The 928 should be updated and produced today to where it belongs, on top of the industry. The panamera was the icing on the cake as far as the current managements mis-steps. What a disappointment to go along with the cayenne. The boxster/cayman is held back by the 911 base models......................................................................................................................................

racerx:

Let's be specific, The upholstery dept. and craftsmen at porsche have excellent skills that they now can display. The execution of the interior components are fantastic at least in pics.Smiley

But the design dept. is horrible. The overall look is way too busy, too many buttons, too many layers, too many bits. The dumbo ears in the center console serving as air inlets, the 1960 era tvs on the seatbacks, and the layer cake center console. Horrible Design.

Tim:

Even though I'm not a big fan of busy interiors, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I really dig the slopped center console- I have always hoped they would adopt that concept from the GT and bring it to the 911 as it provides a cozy and sporty feeling. 

But why all those buttons? Honestly, how often do you fiddle with the climate control? 

Try looking down at 150 mph to get the right button or press the wrong one and pop the hood at 150.

xhomie:

Love the interior...Porsche's best by far. 

No offence, but not even close. The 928 interior is far better in ergonomics and design appeal

RC:
    EricAlain:

I had the opportunity to seat in the rear and there is plenty of headroom and legroom ....  I'm 5"9 (1.80m) and 80kg (176lb)... and YES, W. Wiedeking can seat comfortably in the rear....

It was actually Mr. Wiedeking who requested more head- and leg room, so yes, there should be plenty for everybody up to 1,90 m of height.
    No surprise there. Wendell continues to ruin Porsche. This awkward roofline and hideous rear-end just so gerhard schroeder can sit in back is Smiley

The new BMW 5 gt pics look like the best panamera prototype pics. Such a wasted oppurtunity.

Porsche has the skills and engineering know-how, they just can't put it together with good design. Just like the puddles debacle. What gives?

Bauhaus style is not wrong. Just look at USM Haller (www.usm.com) - you´ll find them everywhere: in my office, at my home and in New York. The same with Porsche cars :)

Also BMW uses a lot of design elements inspired by  Bauhaus style.

--

AM

Bauhaus (and its intellectual environment) has been (probably) the most influential and important institution for modern design and architecture. Just think of Mies van der Rohe and his beautiful and timeless buidlings. Also, as you indicate many all-time classics in the furniture and accessory segment have been either designed in the Bauhaus or are heavily influenced by its ideas and ideals Smiley

MKSGR, cool didn´t know that you with me. Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

--

AM

Smiley

htb-ruff.jpg

racerx:

This guy has turned Porsche from the dominant sports car company into a printing press for the porsche/piech extended clan.

Near-bankrupt dominant sports car company is what you were intending to say, weren´t you?

Apart from that, hailing the 928´s interior design over the Panamera´s is simply humourous. Smiley

MKSGR:

Smiley

htb-ruff.jpg

Yeah! Charles and Ray Eames wonderful work. One of the best lounge chair beside ball chair, egg chair, Barcelona  and some Vitra chairs.

Good taste!

--

AM

ALDO:
    MKSGR:

Smiley

htb-ruff.jpg

Yeah! Charles and Ray Eames wonderful work. One of the best lounge chair beside ball chair, egg chair, Barcelona  and some Vitra chairs.

Good taste!

--

AM

Exactly, Smiley
    even though nowadays the italians have really run with that in the furniture area plus companies like;

http://www.ligne-roset-usa.com/Products/default.aspx

as one example, I can't right now remember the rest of the names. But if i remember correctly there are quite a few german names in great kitchen design.

I wish I could show a pic of some of my own designs, especially the sofa I built with the carbon fiber legs.

It will have to wait until my house is done.

Racerx,

go on and show us your design. Maybe in an off-topic forum. 

--

AM

Aldo, The sofa and other pieces I have designed and built are 1000 miles away from me. Until I build my new home, I will have no access to those items.

The sofa will sit in the media room in front of the 133 in projection screen. (2)Carbon fiber legs shaped like   /=\   (side view) 1 foot wide arching 3 feet supporting an 8 foot long sofa in very pale yellow Alcantara type fabric. It should look nice on mahogany floors.

Should have an effect like this w/o the tacky walls,lrhomesale.jpg

I have a hard time to believe that Porsche´s designers were creating the interior to Bauhaus´ standards, which would be debateable in the first place.

If anything, it´d have been following the ideas of the HfG Ulm and subsequent success of creations such as Otl Aicher´s typographic work or Dieter Rams´ product design for Braun.

ALDO:
    MKSGR:

Smiley

htb-ruff.jpg

Good taste!

--

AM

That Lounge Chair is since long on my list.... just dont know where put it to. Classic, comfy and never gets old! Congrats!

Ahhhh Eames Lounge Chair.   Timeless!!!!!

F..k!! I can't type tonight. 

Enzo, thanking you, amazing the animations they can do nowadays.
    --
    2008 Cayenne Turbo - 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) - 2007 Landcruiser Prado - 1997 Wrangler TJ - 1957 LR

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    578727 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

357465 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    86126 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/21/21 9:49 AM
    RCA
    44267 340
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35206 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32879 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/23/21 4:25 AM
    CGX car nut
    15407 314
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4303 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    561837 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/13/21 10:04 AM
    996FourEss
    401820 3585
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/13/21 8:01 AM
    BjoernB
    355998 3915
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352884 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    313295 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309704 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    216152 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    183698 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160435 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138015 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/22/21 7:35 PM