Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Dealer told me two days ago that my car still doesn't have a production date bc Porsche AG still has problem with orders will full leather interior!
    I find that pretty much unacceptable from a manufacturer like Porsche and was wondering if the delaer was BS-ing me or if anyone have heard about this leather problem as well?
    Thanks in advance.

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    I think you should demand 10% discount for the delay Fanch i don't know whether if it's true or not, sorry

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Mad Cow Disease

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    Coffee said:
    Mad Cow Disease



    No, definitely not, Porsche, like Mercedes import their leather from Argentina because they are no barbwire there, but Mercedes does not have a leather supply problem.
    This leather supply problem has been running for a while now and when I mentionned it on Rennteam, other Rennteamers confirmed from their dealerships that the story was indeed true.
    I just wanna check if it's still the case or if my dealer is BS me. I do not trust dealers at all, they are thiefs, dishonnest, liars and ignorant incompetent people.

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Coffee said:
    Mad Cow Disease



    No, definitely not, Porsche, like Mercedes import their leather from Argentina because they are no barbwire there, but Mercedes does not have a leather supply problem.
    This leather supply problem has been running for a while now and when I mentionned it on Rennteam, other Rennteamers confirmed from their dealerships that the story was indeed true.
    I just wanna check if it's still the case or if my dealer is BS me. I do not trust dealers at all, they are thiefs, dishonnest, liars and ignorant incompetent people.



    Argentina? Eat more steaks then!

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Coffee said:
    Mad Cow Disease



    No, definitely not, Porsche, like Mercedes import their leather from Argentina because they are no barbwire there, but Mercedes does not have a leather supply problem.
    This leather supply problem has been running for a while now and when I mentionned it on Rennteam, other Rennteamers confirmed from their dealerships that the story was indeed true.
    I just wanna check if it's still the case or if my dealer is BS me. I do not trust dealers at all, they are thiefs, dishonnest, liars and ignorant incompetent people.



    LOL... hey Fanch... don't hold back but tell us what you really think!

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    I do not trust dealers at all, they are thiefs, dishonnest, liars and ignorant incompetent people.



    Yeah that's about right. Though I think the sales staff is more to blame.

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Definitely sucks to be put on yet another waiting list as it were. Would put delivery into a UK fall or winter too. Sorry to hear that. If it were I, I would consider putting off my order (re-ordering) the car so it arrives in Spring. You'd get a better car perhaps (possiblely fewer bugs)? The nice thing about waiting is that once the car arrives you totally forget about the waiting after a few weeks... . Wait..., no..., there's NOTHING nice about waiting!! Definitely suuucks to suffer from somebody screwing up the leather orderfulfillment.

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Definitely sucks to be put on yet another waiting list as it were. Would put delivery into a UK fall or winter too. Sorry to hear that. If it were I, I would consider putting off my order (re-ordering) the car so it arrives in Spring. You'd get a better car perhaps (possiblely fewer bugs)? The nice thing about waiting is that once the car arrives you totally forget about the waiting after a few weeks... . Wait..., no..., there's NOTHING nice about waiting!! Definitely suuucks to suffer from somebody screwing up the leather orderfulfillment.



    thanks for the input guys,
    I believe more and more that the dealer is BS me, RC if you know anything, thanks in advance man.
    If indeed this is BS, I will of course cancel my order straight away and ask for the deposit back, true I'll probably have a car even later if I order somewhere else but sod it, this is truly ridiculous.
    I have a hunch, I personally don't believe a word of that full leather story but I need to find out.
    Would it be appropriate to call Porsche AG in Zuffenhausen? I'm pretty sure they'd tell me to contact my dealer, duh!!!

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    There was some "offical" news of an apparently real leather shortage about a month (?) ago here on Rennteam... .

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    I doubt they'd stop full leather with colors only available with full leather....Hopefully.

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    cannot be true, i ordered my Basalt Black with natural brown leather in March and have my build date of july 23, hurray ! I called the dealer today as you have got me scared and my car is PRDBDY (Vehicle in Factory Body Shop), sooooooooooooooooooooo it would not be there without the interior. Yippee

    tommorow my baby is born

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    ROYALPAR1 said:
    cannot be true, i ordered my Basalt Black with natural brown leather in March and have my build date of july 23, hurray ! I called the dealer today as you have got me scared and my car is PRDBDY (Vehicle in Factory Body Shop), sooooooooooooooooooooo it would not be there without the interior. Yippee

    tommorow my baby is born



    Is Vehicle in Factory Body Shop a good thing? Would all cars show this code or only cars that need some repair work?

    I don't know, I am just asking.

    Phil

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Dealer told me two days ago that my car still doesn't have a production date bc Porsche AG still has problem with orders will full leather interior!



    My car ordered second week of April has the stone grey full leather and was picked up right at the factory first week of July. Fanch, instead of a leather problem I think they rather have a problem with your X51 option

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    all the cars go thru this stage, until the next stage

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    PLPROD (Vehicle is Planned for Production)
    PRDBDY (Vehicle in Factory Body Shop)
    PRDPNT (Vehicle in Factory Paint Shop)
    to today
    PRDLST (Factory Last Checkpoint)
    Tomorrow it should show up as
    CMPPRD (Vehicle Completed Production) and a vin
    Then the next milestone to look forward to will be:
    ONVESL date (On Vessel date)

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Dealer told me two days ago that my car still doesn't have a production date bc Porsche AG still has problem with orders will full leather interior!
    I find that pretty much unacceptable from a manufacturer like Porsche and was wondering if the delaer was BS-ing me or if anyone have heard about this leather problem as well?
    Thanks in advance.



    it's always the same with PAG. i don't get it. this is really annoying. they are building the 911 for over 40 years now and are always "suprised" by the high demand for this and that option. it was the same when i ordered my first C2 back in 2000. it was delayed for 2 months because "we didn't expect so many orders with full leather interior and PSE". hello? any carrera out there WITHOUT full leather interior?

    cancel it, get a F430, all the essentials come as standard -- full leather and great exhaust sound included!

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    According to a bulletin issued by PCNA, July 7:

    "full leather interior, including color to sample, is once again available on model 997 110"


    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Dealer told me two days ago that my car still doesn't have a production date bc Porsche AG still has problem with orders will full leather interior!
    I find that pretty much unacceptable from a manufacturer like Porsche and was wondering if the delaer was BS-ing me or if anyone have heard about this leather problem as well?
    Thanks in advance.



    it's always the same with PAG. i don't get it. this is really annoying. they are building the 911 for over 40 years now and are always "suprised" by the high demand for this and that option. it was the same when i ordered my first C2 back in 2000. it was delayed for 2 months because "we didn't expect so many orders with full leather interior and PSE". hello? any carrera out there WITHOUT full leather interior?

    cancel it, get a F430, all the essentials come as standard -- full leather and great exhaust sound included!



    Thanks again for the inputs guys,
    I took matter into my own hands, I got my Ferrari Tim to call Porsche, they do that often, and I called Germany, they recognised they had an issue a few weeks but it's all soved now.
    My dealer lied to me and I'm gonna give him, I will most probably still stick with the car, but once delivery is done (you never know! ) I will write a letter of complaint to Porsche France, this is unacceptable, dealers really think they can say whatever they want to costumers, sad guys!
    Zzoba, I love the F430, I really do, but in France, it wouldn't be a good travel car, it's not even about luggage space (there's actually plenty) but it's a communist country and parking it anywhere is a liability!
    It's be perfect for a day out or weekend but on long trips, I like to just stop wherever I want and go for a walk etc, it's bad enough with a dark colored 911, sadly, I don't think I could handle a Ferrari... yet. I'm still young, give me some time.

    Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

    hi fench,
    did you get confirmation for the built date?sorry if i reapeat myself,but you are getting the 997s pk right?
    please tell me something about it,cause my dealer doesn't know anything about pk

    thank you very much.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 10/25/21 12:29 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    492374 1291
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 11/8/21 7:43 PM
    Leawood911
    181072 1154
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 11/12/21 10:01 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    71678 383
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 11/25/21 6:30 PM
    watt
    67025 686
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 11/19/21 6:44 AM
    bluelines
    53132 529
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    49046 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    13373 29
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/18/21 3:28 PM
    RCA
    468 0
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    473924 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    389842 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 11/25/21 12:31 AM
    WhoopsyM
    386100 3949
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    351569 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 10/8/21 11:41 AM
    xpto
    320934 2647
    Porsche 992 GT3 11/26/21 9:25 PM
    nberry
    276979 3107
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    254692 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    169314 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    120048 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    104431 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/9/21 1:11 PM
    CGX car nut
    95397 1231
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    83303 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    74113 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    74040 824
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 11/26/21 9:58 PM
    kudryavchik
    53202 1374
    Others Bugatti Chiron 11/4/21 5:58 AM
    WhoopsyM
    44086 500
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 11/10/21 2:32 PM
    Topspeed
    41142 532
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    39907 615
    Porsche GT4RS 11/27/21 1:29 AM
    bobr
    37134 691
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 11/27/21 12:23 AM
    WhoopsyM
    32305 1031
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    31156 394
    Ferrari 488 Replacement 4/17/21 8:28 PM
    Rossi
    27992 370
    251 items found, displaying 1 to 30.