Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New Turbo S presentation...

Your driving impressions / report will be very welcome.  Smiley

A change in plans.

While at the dealership they had a white beige 997.2 turbo Cab. It has everything the S except PCCB and RS wheels. Naturally my wife really liked it. She asked me to negotiate a deal because she doesn't want to wait six months.

I was able to work it out with the dealership and will pick the car up tomorrow.

The savings over the S is considerable especially considering (as she said) wouldn't know the difference in power and it has all the features she wanted.

So it goes. 

--

Hmm, no S, but still a great car. And to be honest, I think most of us don't really need the PCCB...

... but they are nice to have. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Hate to say it, but your wife has better car taste? :)

r you are just using the wife as the excuse? You still secretly want a 911?

I just knew this would happen one day.  Smiley

Congratulations on your choice, Nick. Smiley 

On your choice of wife, that is.  Smiley

PS:  Knowing that you were begrudgingly also a closet admirer of the Carrera GT I should warn you that the color you are going with is Carrara white, not Carrera white as you wrote.  Smiley

--

fritz

nberry:

My wife loves the Cab and wants one. Tomorrow we are meeting with the sales rep. It will be a July production with delivery sometime in August.

Carrera white with beige interior. Only other option will be heated seats. The S package is fairly complete.

Cocoa would complement white exterior better Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

fritz:

I just knew this would happen one day.  Smiley

look on the bright side Fritz, from now on he won't be able to bash the 911 anymore in fear of having to sleep on the couch for critizising his wife's car SmileySmiley

--

nberry:

While at the dealership they had a white beige 997.2 turbo Cab. It has everything the S except PCCB and RS wheels. Naturally my wife really liked it. She asked me to negotiate a deal because she doesn't want to wait six months.  

I think that is a very smart move, she won't appreciate the PCCBs and bump in power in her driving that much and 6 months is a long of time. Might as well enjoy it now.

--

NBerry buying a 911, even if it is for his wife, is an epiphany. I think his wife will have a hard time getting the keys. :)

--

A. Dias --- 997.2S. Previous cars: Corvette C6,  996 C4.

Nick, Congrats to you and your wife.

I cannot think of a better household to purchase a new Porsche.

You really must thank the Cayennes engineers for  incorporating GPS based insturment sensors that "attract"

the vehicle to stop by a Porsche dealership!  Such technology is just part of  the whole ownership experience and no doubt will lead to more future purchases.

No matter the amount of good natured teasing, Im sure it will make a very attractive addition to your driveway.

nberry:

My wife loves the Cab and wants one. Tomorrow we are meeting with the sales rep. It will be a July production with delivery sometime in August.

Strange coincidence. "My wife" over dinner tonight told me she's developed an interest in the GT3 RS!

Hope you are enjoying all the good natured teasing. Rennteam making you walk the gauntlet is merely an act of "endearment." For numerous past "wrongful" comments. Smiley

Back to car. *Assuming* this is really and truly (sorry this does not get old LOL) driven mostly by your wife, I actually think the car you bought is the better choice because S might be too much to handle especially if you hit the Sport button inadvertently,  and regular brake is a good idea as the PCCB brake does feel "funny" in the rain.

--

Regards,
    Can
    997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )

Congrats Nick! (or congrats Nick's wife )

Gorgeous car. The PCM2 is very nice too, and PDK is a perfect match for the TT...

Can someone clarify what this power output rating means in practice?

530PS at 6.250-6.750 rpm

Normally it is a figure at given revs e.g. 500 PS at 6.000 rpm

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

reginos:

530PS at 6.250-6.750 rpm

My interpretation would be that it means that the maximun power, 530HP, is reached at 6.250rpm and maintained up to 6.750HP?

--

Carlos from Spain:
    reginos:

530PS at 6.250-6.750 rpm

My interpretation would be that it means that the maximun power, 530HP, is reached at 6.250rpm and maintained up to 6.750HP?

Which would mean that the torque curve would have to be falling in a straight line directly in proportion with the rev increase between those two engine speeds. Weird. That surely was not achieved by accident.

--

fritz

fritz:
    Carlos from Spain:
    reginos:

530PS at 6.250-6.750 rpm

Which would mean that the torque curve would have to be falling in a straight line directly in proportion with the rev increase between those two engine speeds. Weird. That surely was not achieved by accident.

And... remarkably (coincidence IMHO, as dynos usually are all over the place), it appears csoule's chassis dyno of his 997.2 Turbo (posted here) mirrors this characteristic. The red curve below is that of the 997.2 Turbo:

Dyno of Protomotive 997.1 and 997.2 PDK.jpg 
    --

Regards,
    Can
    997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )

I deserve all the ribbing I am getting.

Right now my wife is cleaning out the garage.

--

nberry:

I deserve all the ribbing I am getting.

Right now my wife is cleaning out the garage.

You let your wife clean out the garage? Smiley

I guess gallantry is dead.  Smiley

And besides that, you do know that you'll never be able to find anything in there again. Smiley

--

fritz

Fritz, yesterday at the dealership as I was discussing matters with my rep. my wife was out front circling the white/beige turbo Cab. Every time we had a question we needed to bring her to discuss. She would then leave and go back to the Cab. Slowly it began to sink in with me she wanted the car NOW.

Driving home she peppered me with question regarding the difference between the S we ordered and the car at the dealership. Each explanation I gave, she dismissed as minor.

Finally, at home she said I really don't a valid reason to wait when the car I want is already at the dealership. When she decides she wants something, invariable it must be now. She is not easily deterred. If it was my decision, I would wait.

Thus, she must pay the price for immediate ownership. In her defense I will say this. There was a consideration difference in price amounting to substantial savings.

--

nberry:

Fritz, yesterday at the dealership as I was discussing matters with my rep. my wife was out front circling the white/beige turbo Cab. Every time we had a question we needed to bring her to discuss. She would then leave and go back to the Cab. Slowly it began to sink in with me she wanted the car NOW.

Driving home she peppered me with question regarding the difference between the S we ordered and the car at the dealership. Each explanation I gave, she dismissed as minor.

Finally, at home she said I really don't a valid reason to wait when the car I want is already at the dealership. When she decides she wants something, invariable it must be now. She is not easily deterred. If it was my decision, I would wait.

Thus, she must pay the price for immediate ownership. In her defense I will say this. There was a consideration difference in price amounting to substantial savings.

--

A woman who knows her own mind. Smiley

Congratulations again. Smiley

--

fritz

The car is home with its new owner; my wife and her companion who never leaves her side. I have not had an opportunity to drive the car for a decent report on it. However, my first impression is the car is as well built as any car I have ever purchased. I will report later on the performance.

1269223650149turbo.jpeg

--

cannga:
    Strange coincidence. "My wife" over dinner tonight told me she's developed an interest in the GT3 RS!

This must be a new form of spring viirus... my wife is having second thoughts about ordering a Cayman (on hold until we could drive the new version) and also wants to try a GT3.   Her thinking is that one of the things she has loved about her M Coupe for 8 years is that unique and howling S54 engine... and she is a bit worried that the Cayman is just too "sweet" and does not have enough bite.... will find out in early April as there is a slightly used GT3 nearby.  Smiley

But back OT and another congrats Nick... if your wife really loves you she will share the car... Smiley

--

2010 Audi S5,  2002 M Coupe

nberry:

The car is home with its new owner; my wife and her companion who never leaves her side. I have not had an opportunity to drive the car for a decent report on it. However, my first impression is the car is as well built as any car I have ever purchased. I will report later on the performance.

1269223650149turbo.jpeg

Claw marks and scratches all over the new leather - I don't think so...Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

nberry:

1269223650149turbo.jpeg

--

Now that I see your wife, I have no question why she chooses Porsche.

Impeccable looks, classy style and strong personality just like her car.

All the best

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

You're a lucky guy, Nick! 

Enjoy.

The car looks fantastic and suits your wife. She does look great 

But do you guys realy need to live in the garage ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Congrats Nick!

Brilliant car, charming wife. You must be a happy man ;-)

-Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

nberry:

1269223650149turbo.jpeg

Well done Nick,or better,well done wife of NickSmiley

Love the standard Turbo rims of the MK2,they looks great with the white paint of the body!

Coming back on your wife,She looks really happy,also the dog seems happy,the car less happy seeing the dog...but i think it can survive...Smiley

Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

nice car pick

your wifee is charming

engjoy - give us a report after you have chance to drive:-)

Many congrats Nick to you and your wife  Seeing your wife, I am not at all surprised that she fell for the 997.2TT

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    586576 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

359349 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    87137 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 5/12/21 3:30 PM
    WhoopsyM
    45564 344
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35715 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    33583 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/11/21 3:34 PM
    watt
    17035 344
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4750 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    566885 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    408654 3586
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/25/21 4:04 PM
    Topspeed
    359035 3916
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 4/29/21 7:24 AM
    GnilM
    356639 3494
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    318357 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    310353 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    219325 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    197488 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    161457 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138368 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/18/21 11:19 PM