Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Say hello to a new "AMG Forum Member"... Thread Closed

reginos:
    Porker:

I wonder, what is wrong with driving a Ford Fiesta? 

The  local petrol station might consider it wrong, too indecision

OK, let me put it this way: Driving a Ford Fiesta but making serious comments about high performance cars and driving dynamics (probably based on Playstation experience, hearsay from friends/relatives or reading forums on the internet), is like dry humping a sex doll and talking about sex and sex techniques. Smiley

Sorry, I couldn't say it less hurtful. Smiley

(not meant for you, reginos) 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    bluelines:
    REALZEUS:

There is no point in this. We clearly disagree.

Don't mess with the boss Smiley Even when the boss is wrong he is right.

When you have no more arguments, this seems to be your standard message. Make it personal. Smiley

Great! Smiley I'm glad a Ford Fiesta driver seems to agree with you. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

This is a disgrace and you should be ashamed really for making it personal. Bluelines was making a joke but this admin clearly can take none.

PS: I don't drive a Fiesta but even if I did it wouldn't really matter. Driving knowledge and experiences have nothing to do with pocket size. 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

RC:
    Just imagine AWD in a F1 car...it would be unbeatable.

--

It has been tried before and it was a huge flop!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

I didn't know that. I had to look it up. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-wheel_drive_in_Formula_One

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

I didn't know that. I had to look it up. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-wheel_drive_in_Formula_One

--

"Form follows function"

You are welcome mate. Smiley

There is nothing wrong in not knowing things or even being mistaken. Ad hominem attacks and on purpose derogatory comments (more so unfounded) are what ridicule someone. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

RC:
    BjoernB:

kiss - awd is fantastic out of hairpins on twisty "slow" corners - but I am clearly with bluelines here indecision

Of course you are. Like bluelines, you don't have a clue about modern AWD systems. Smiley

Or to use Walter Röhrl's words: "Everything, but AWD, is a compromise."

I am glad to prove my point to you next spring...in person. I think this is the best way to do it. And REALZEUS can join us too...in his Ford Fiesta. Smiley

Just imagine KERS and AWD in a F1 car...it would be unbeatable.

--

Well.....I am astonished what a "flat-land" driver from Bavaria is accusing a swiss guy of not knowing 4x4  smiley - but then you probably take every car to 175% whereas us mortals are happy to achieve closer to 99%.... - what was the NBR time again of the Panamera turbo ?indecision wink

REALZEUS:
    RC:

--

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

It was a flop...MANY years ago.

KERS + AWD in a modern F1 car would be a deadly combination performance-wise.

I didn't make it personal...you did.

--

BjoernB:

Well.....I am astonished what a "flat-land" driver from Bavaria is accusing a swiss guy of not knowing 4x4  smiley - but then you probably take every car to 175% whereas us mortals are happy to achieve closer to 99%.... - what was the NBR time again of the Panamera turbo ?indecision wink

I went to school in Switzerland...does this count too? Smiley

I didn't know that the Swiss build 4x4 cars but maybe you mean that ugly RR copy Monteverdi? Smiley

I can play this all day long... Smiley

On a more serious note: My offer stands. Next spring, I take my time. I would prefer Hockenheim Kleiner Ring or Salzburg Ring because it is closer to my home and keep in mind that I don't track race anymore. So the advantage is all yours. Smiley Panamera Turbo S vs. any other 2WD car you like, professional race cars, cars under 1400 kg weight and slicks/semi slicks cars excluded. I'm even ready to bet money on it, so place your wallet where your mouth is. Smiley Don't forget that in the best case scenario for you, I have a substantial weight/power ratio disadvantage.

--

RC:
    REALZEUS:
    RC:

--

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

It was a flop...MANY years ago.

KERS + AWD in a modern F1 car would be a deadly combination performance-wise.

I didn't make it personal...you did.

So you are insinuating that 4WD technology has advanced but 2WD not? This is getting better by the minute! Smiley

Everybody saw what happened. Would be more manly if you just stepped up and acknoeledged it. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    Everybody saw what happened. Would be more manly if you just stepped up and acknoeledged it. Smiley

What happened? Smiley

Trust me...especially drivers like you would be faster in an AWD car. Smiley

--

RC:
    bluelines:
    REALZEUS:

There is no point in this. We clearly disagree.

Don't mess with the boss Smiley Even when the boss is wrong he is right.

When you have no more arguments, this seems to be your standard message. Make it personal. Smiley

Great! Smiley I'm glad a Ford Fiesta driver seems to agree with you. Smiley

--

This happened. Which is not only untrue but also totally irrelevant. I, on the other hand, did not make any kind of personal accusation towards you.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

RC:
    REALZEUS:

What happened? Smiley

--

And you just get on with it. Pitiful really coming from an administrator... Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    RC:
    REALZEUS:

What happened? Smiley

--

And you just get on with it. Pitiful really coming from an administrator... Smiley

What do you expect? Maybe I should have listened to people...click, click and you're gone. I just wanted to give everyone a chance to express their free opinion and I accept a lot of crap from people as long as they actually drive a sports car. I won't accept crap from people who think they know how to drive or think they know something about sports cars without actually owning one. You are very much like my 9 year old son who always thought he can drive a car because he wins all PS3 races against me. Until I busted his chops on a kart track (he even had a weight advantage Smiley) because he needed it...before he starts stealing my car key, taking Dad's Porsche for a ride. He now understands that theory and video games are completely different from reality.

Please stop. This is the last warning. Thank you.

--

I am talking from personal experience but since you are playing the badge card, feel free to expel me for having a different opinion to yours.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

I am talking from personal experience but since you are playing the badge card, feel free to expel me for having a different opinion to yours.

We do not ban lightly. 

Personal experience? Seriously?! Now I'm getting angry.

Again: STOP IT.

--

I am speechless enlightened I believe it is time for a Rennteam pause. Merry Christmas everyone! getsmiley-2.php.html.gif

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S in Carrara White with black leather interior. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

Audi S5 cabrio in Ibis White with black leather interior.

bluelines:

I am speechless enlightened I believe it is time for a Rennteam pause. Merry Christmas everyone! getsmiley-2.php.html.gif

Why? Are you driving a Ford Fiesta too? Smiley Smiley

I gave you a fair chance to prove a point and it isn't my fault that I had to be that blunt.

Thread closed, it just went to far.

If someone wants to continue a AWD vs. RWD discussion, feel free to open a new thread in the motorsports or other sports cars forum. I tried arguments but... Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

686496 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/9/22 4:08 PM
    watt
    320145 1186
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 12/1/22 4:38 PM
    Enmanuel
    217289 1258
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 11/29/22 4:25 PM
    Leawood911
    202872 436
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    186144 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/22/22 8:19 PM
    GaussM
    129502 9
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    57361 68
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    521239 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    476716 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 11/27/22 2:46 AM
    WhoopsyM
    472797 3785
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    230252 774
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 12/2/22 6:41 AM
    WhoopsyM
    228508 1447
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    199925 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    196028 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/27/22 2:59 PM
    Leawood911
    190612 1863
    Porsche GT4RS 11/24/22 3:09 AM
    GnilM
    190272 1193
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    163497 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    160655 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    156836 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    143426 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 10/6/22 11:48 PM
    DJM48
    140308 501
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    138437 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    137677 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    136275 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 12/2/22 1:07 AM
    DJM48
    127178 1556
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    107320 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    106353 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    104063 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    79120 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    31545 438
    176 items found, displaying 1 to 30.