Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Hi all

    Is it me or.... From the picture I have seen here and there, i have the feeling the steering wheel hub size is a liitle "oversized" compared to the harmonious one from the F360... Just a feeling for now since I was not able to see one in Flesh... For the lucky ones who have had thos opportunity, what's you feeling ?

    I ma quiet impatient to see one in the street, the final judgement...

    Regards

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    If anything it looks a tad smaller to me.

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    I agree. Ferrari might claim that this wheel is a form of trickle down technology from F1 but if you ask me, it's pretty ugly. And unfortunately, you're probably stuck with it since the integration of the electronics will prevent you from upgrading to an aftermarket or alternative OEM wheel without tripping dash lights or worse.

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    I agree. Ferrari might claim that this wheel is a form of trickle down technology from F1 but if you ask me, it's pretty ugly. And unfortunately, you're probably stuck with it since the integration of the electronics will prevent you from upgrading to an aftermarket or alternative OEM wheel without tripping dash lights or worse.



    Ugly? I think it's the best looking one since the Enzo...

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    Ugly? I think it's the best looking one since the Enzo...



    Isn't that like saying you're the tallest pygmy or the prettiest troll? To each his own.

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    I think it looks great, but one thing's for sure -- it looks a million times better than the steering wheel on the 997S, that thing is horrible.

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:
    Ugly? I think it's the best looking one since the Enzo...



    Isn't that like saying you're the tallest pygmy or the prettiest troll? To each his own.



    I find it very nice looking, it's very impressive with that start button and 'manetinno switch'
    I LOVE IT,

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size





    I find it very nice looking, it's very impressive with that start button and 'manetinno switch'
    I LOVE IT,



    There's no accounting for taste. For some, it's all in their mouth.

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:




    I find it very nice looking, it's very impressive with that start button and 'manetinno switch'
    I LOVE IT,



    There's no accounting for taste. For some, it's all in their mouth.



    This guys weird.....

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    matt G said:
    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:




    I find it very nice looking, it's very impressive with that start button and 'manetinno switch'
    I LOVE IT,



    There's no accounting for taste. For some, it's all in their mouth.



    This guys weird.....



    freaky

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    matt G said:
    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:




    I find it very nice looking, it's very impressive with that start button and 'manetinno switch'
    I LOVE IT,



    There's no accounting for taste. For some, it's all in their mouth.



    This guys weird.....



    freaky



    I'm as weird as the 430 steering wheel. What a gimmick! In F1 it totally makes sense to put buttons & knobs on the steering wheel because there's no dash board space or a center console. Plus you need to make split second adjustments to the car so it saves the time from having to move your hand off the wheel. In a road car however, who needs to adjust the new 'mannetino' every 5 seconds or even 5 minutes such that you need that knob on the steering wheel hub. Ferrari design is capable of better - we've all seen it. Sorry - this new wheel misses the mark by a wide margin.

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    matt G said:
    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:




    I find it very nice looking, it's very impressive with that start button and 'manetinno switch'
    I LOVE IT,



    There's no accounting for taste. For some, it's all in their mouth.



    This guys weird.....



    freaky



    I'm as weird as the 430 steering wheel. What a gimmick! In F1 it totally makes sense to put buttons & knobs on the steering wheel because there's no dash board space or a center console. Plus you need to make split second adjustments to the car so it saves the time from having to move your hand off the wheel. In a road car however, who needs to adjust the new 'mannetino' every 5 seconds or even 5 minutes such that you need that knob on the steering wheel hub. Ferrari design is capable of better - we've all seen it. Sorry - this new wheel misses the mark by a wide margin.



    buy a porche

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:

    buy a porche



    Learn to spell

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:


    I'm as weird as the 430 steering wheel. What a gimmick! In F1 it totally makes sense to put buttons & knobs on the steering wheel because there's no dash board space or a center console. Plus you need to make split second adjustments to the car so it saves the time from having to move your hand off the wheel. In a road car however, who needs to adjust the new 'mannetino' every 5 seconds or even 5 minutes such that you need that knob on the steering wheel hub. Ferrari design is capable of better - we've all seen it. Sorry - this new wheel misses the mark by a wide margin.




    Are you kidding me? You sound like a picky P fan boy if you ask me....

    I agree with matt g lol!

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    steering wheel is ugly?? is that a joke?

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size


    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    matt G said:
    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:




    I find it very nice looking, it's very impressive with that start button and 'manetinno switch'
    I LOVE IT,



    There's no accounting for taste. For some, it's all in their mouth.



    This guys weird.....



    freaky



    I'm as weird as the 430 steering wheel. What a gimmick! In F1 it totally makes sense to put buttons & knobs on the steering wheel because there's no dash board space or a center console. Plus you need to make split second adjustments to the car so it saves the time from having to move your hand off the wheel. In a road car however, who needs to adjust the new 'mannetino' every 5 seconds or even 5 minutes such that you need that knob on the steering wheel hub. Ferrari design is capable of better - we've all seen it. Sorry - this new wheel misses the mark by a wide margin.



    I agree.i don't like it either.can't see the utility of having the manettino on the sterring wheel.


    Oh well,another way to justify the destination for all the money they ask for...

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:

    buy a porche



    Learn to spell



    normally I speak Dutch, but I'm trying to write in English over here, ... most people do understand me !

    but in your case,

    JUST GO TO THE porche FORUM and there you can

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:

    buy a porche



    Learn to spell



    normally I speak Dutch, but I'm trying to write in English over here, ... most people do understand me !

    but in your case,

    JUST GO TO THE porche FORUM and there you can



    Calm down guys, a Ferrari steering wheel is nothing really to argue about!

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:

    buy a porche



    Learn to spell



    normally I speak Dutch, but I'm trying to write in English over here, ... most people do understand me !

    but in your case,

    JUST GO TO THE porche FORUM and there you can



    Jennyz,

    For what it's worth, I think Jeff was referring to the fact that the name PORSCHE was misspelled in a couple of your posts, and being a proper name it would be spelled the same way in English, Flemish, German and any other language which uses the Roman alphabet.

    Since this thread is not going anywhere anyway, though, I suggest you put it to bed.

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    mlabiche said:
    Hi all

    Is it me or.... From the picture I have seen here and there, i have the feeling the steering wheel hub size is a liitle "oversized" compared to the harmonious one from the F360... Just a feeling for now since I was not able to see one in Flesh... For the lucky ones who have had thos opportunity, what's you feeling ?

    I ma quiet impatient to see one in the street, the final judgement...

    Regards



    judge yourself:

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    I see nothing wrong with this wheel unless you have poor driving habits and spastic hands.

    Re: F430 Steering Wheel Hube size

    Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:
    I see nothing wrong with this wheel unless you have poor driving habits and spastic hands.



    this wheel looks like hell, never seen before, GREAT !!

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/16/22 11:50 AM
    BjoernB
     
     
     
     
     
    572460 1304
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/23/22 1:43 PM
    Rossi
    222054 1179
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/17/22 1:30 AM
    watt
    110835 955
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/1/22 7:14 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    108001 405
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 1/3/22 7:55 AM
    Rossi
    89147 531
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    31392 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    511576 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    426871 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    423792 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    387126 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    364440 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/13/22 3:48 PM
    Grant
    345275 3536
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    289167 1587
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    137299 772
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 4/25/22 7:26 PM
    bluelines
    134286 1388
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    110631 209
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    109634 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/22 3:29 PM
    Enmanuel
    107316 709
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 5/12/22 9:01 PM
    Leawood911
    92135 1637
    Porsche GT4RS 5/16/22 7:03 AM
    Porker
    83253 933
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    75643 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    74724 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 12/15/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    70110 533
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    61582 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/4/22 7:10 AM
    GnilM
    54457 472
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 7/21/21 6:22 PM
    Topspeed
    53897 592
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 10/16/21 1:07 PM
    Pentium
    53813 719
    Others Corvette C8 11/8/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    49751 442
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    26464 640
    AMG AMG plotting new SLR with hybrid power for 2018 launch 2/22/22 2:34 PM
    Topspeed
    23980 275
    227 items found, displaying 1 to 30.