Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Here's what happened to a BMW owner in Belgium while getting caught with an anti-radar device:
    - his permit is gone for 1 year
    - device impounded and destroyed
    - 2750 euro (3500 usd)
    - BMW is now property of the state and will be sold ultimately

    So in total this guy lost about 750+2750+25000= 28500 euro (36500 usd) and his permit for 1 year. Simply unbelievable.



    I suspect the Bastille will not be the last building the French will ever tear down in a revolution...

    Re: Speeding in France...


    FYI, Bastille was teared down AT the time of the revolution because it was a symbol of the old regime ....

    What happened to the BMW owner was in Belgium ..... not France.

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    EricAlain said:

    FYI, Bastille was teared down AT the time of the revolution because it was a symbol of the old regime ....

    What happened to the BMW owner was in Belgium ..... not France.



    That's exactly what I meant. However, next time it might be the traffic ministry and police stations that will be on fire . You find enough people who were legally robbed by the government (missed the Belgium part) and malcontent will soon start to spread. So much for democracy.

    Re: Speeding in France...


    Great idea, I'm in if you want to set up a commando to put the MOT on fire ....

    Re: Speeding in France...

    If I recall correctly he wasn't caught speeding. He was stopped by a road "control" (?) and the police then noticed the device on his sunvisor. Which was of course a very very stupid thing to do!

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    EricAlain said:

    Great idea, I'm in if you want to set up a commando to put the MOT on fire ....



    Good. Now all we need are several coked-up Hollyeood action movie have-beens and convince them that the traffic ministry is in fact a prop and to fire as many "dummy"( ) rounds and rockets into it as possible . I can only imagine seeing Dolph Lundgren and Jean Claude on the news for blowing up the MOT .

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    Rami said:
    If I recall correctly he wasn't caught speeding. He was stopped by a road "control" (?) and the police then noticed the device on his sunvisor. Which was of course a very very stupid thing to do!



    They impounded the car for only having a radar detector... I'd never want to live in such a country. However, RC said that they have the same stupid law in Bavaria, but at least their traffic police don't have a 4" thick pole stuck up their rears and won't send you to jail for doing 200 km/h.

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    If I recall correctly he wasn't caught speeding. He was stopped by a road "control" (?) and the police then noticed the device on his sunvisor. Which was of course a very very stupid thing to do!



    They impounded the car for only having a radar detector... I'd never want to live in such a country. However, RC said that they have the same stupid law in Bavaria, but at least their traffic police don't have a 4" thick pole stuck up their rears and won't send you to jail for doing 200 km/h.



    The French are famous for their lack of discipline.
    Which means unfortunately, only the hard way works (jail, car confiscated) and indeed, it works.
    Road deaths have dramatically fallen in the past couple of years.

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    Fanch said:

    Sometimes, I wonder if I shouldn't get a GT3 Cup for the Track and an ML V8 diesel for the road really...





    Ahh since when are diesels slow. Last time I drove one, I was doing 240kph comfortably down the GERMAN highway...

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    TEE1 said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:

    Sometimes, I wonder if I shouldn't get a GT3 Cup for the Track and an ML V8 diesel for the road really...





    Ahh since when are diesels slow. Last time I drove one, I was doing 240kph comfortably down the GERMAN highway...



    Well, I'd say Fanch didn't claim that diesels are slow.

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    TEE1 said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:

    Sometimes, I wonder if I shouldn't get a GT3 Cup for the Track and an ML V8 diesel for the road really...





    Ahh since when are diesels slow. Last time I drove one, I was doing 240kph comfortably down the GERMAN highway...



    Well, I'd say Fanch didn't claim that diesels are slow.



    Indeed, diesel are certainly fast! Mountains of torque, nice for 4x4, but one thing they are not is... fun!

    They make sense on the open road though.

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    TEE1 said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:

    Sometimes, I wonder if I shouldn't get a GT3 Cup for the Track and an ML V8 diesel for the road really...





    Ahh since when are diesels slow. Last time I drove one, I was doing 240kph comfortably down the GERMAN highway...



    Well, I'd say Fanch didn't claim that diesels are slow.



    I know he did not mean that - just being silly

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Good. Now all we need are several coked-up Hollyeood action movie have-beens and convince them that the traffic ministry is in fact a prop and to fire as many "dummy"( ) rounds and rockets into it as possible . I can only imagine seeing Dolph Lundgren and Jean Claude on the news for blowing up the MOT .



    Don't count on Mel Gibson for help anytime soon.

    He's too busy trying to put out fires to want to start any more for a while.

    Re: Speeding in France...

    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Good. Now all we need are several coked-up Hollyeood action movie have-beens and convince them that the traffic ministry is in fact a prop and to fire as many "dummy"( ) rounds and rockets into it as possible . I can only imagine seeing Dolph Lundgren and Jean Claude on the news for blowing up the MOT .



    Don't count on Mel Gibson for help anytime soon.

    He's too busy trying to put out fires to want to start any more for a while.



    Why not? Tell him there's a jewish bank in the building and he'll come charging like a rabid dog .

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    690558 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 2/4/23 10:00 PM
    nberry
    323451 1205
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/5/23 10:45 AM
    GnilM
    221890 1346
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 1/28/23 3:45 AM
    Spyderidol
    206455 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    187722 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/20/23 10:57 PM
    Pilot
    133112 58
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    58497 68
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/25/22 1:02 AM
    CGX car nut
    484106 2663
    Porsche 992 GT3 2/1/23 7:03 AM
    GnilM
    479851 3807
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 1/21/23 3:51 PM
    CGX car nut
    234384 1491
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    232347 774
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    202348 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    198480 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 2/5/23 2:14 PM
    cnc
    197485 2068
    Porsche GT4RS 12/30/22 1:28 AM
    JAMS
    192656 1194
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    165241 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    162234 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    158346 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    144891 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 2/5/23 3:02 PM
    M3ike
    142752 527
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    139695 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    138718 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    137174 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 2/4/23 1:10 AM
    WhoopsyM
    129793 1576
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    108541 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    107392 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    105170 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    80346 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    32682 438
    Motor Sp. MotoGP 6/6/22 11:49 PM
    watt
    31760 328
    164 items found, displaying 1 to 30.