Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

It arrives today...

Its only a matter of hours now to go until I get my 987 2.7 Boxster. I'm vvvvvvv excited... The last 6 weeks have been a very tough time to wait!

Re: It arrives today...

Grats! Pictures? Specs?

I will post pics tomorrow or maybe this eve depending on the weather - is it sad to take a camera to the dealership?

It's a Seal Grey, 18" alloys, Stone Grey Int, Leather Seats, Htd Seats, Wind deflector, Auto Air Con and soon to be installed Custom Audio system (exc. headunit).

wow - it was bad enough waiting all the months, don't think I could have then waited until teh afternoon on 'THE DAY'. I was banging on my dealers door at opening time when I picked mine up.

Try not to explode..

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:

Try not to explode..

Steve R will be alright - as long as he doesn't take his mother along Those of us that are calm, cool and collected don't mind waiting until the afternoon for The Moment. And no, it is not sad to take a camera along. Trouble was I collected my car and drove 30 miles before I remembered I had the camera in my pocket. Then had to stop in a muddy car park to take pictures. Such is life. Enjoy the experience And don't forget your Rennteam obligation to post some pictures.

Quote:
    Ente said:
    Grats! Pictures? Specs?

I think you picked up yours yesterday !?
    Pictures - Specs... !?

Congrats Steve R !! We are waiting for your pics, Enjoy !!

Steve,
    I'd be interested to know what you're doing with regards to the audio install. I've decided to go the aftermarket route too when I get my new Boxster in a few weeks time, but I'm not really sure what is possible and what the cost would be.

Ok, got the car...

It is amazing!!! Took my sister along (mothers on holiday!!) and then went out for a blast along some amazing country roads - keeping the revs lowish!!

What a car, you can feel every part of the road, it's fast and even before its run-in it drives very well off-the-mark.

Was sad and took loads of pics and will try to post a few this eve or in the am.

Re the audio install I've got two companies who I have to talk to that have access to lots of new 987 stuff. Even door trim replacement for extra speakers... Bog standard stereo aint that bad though but needs a bit of oomph!! But the engine sounds - kept on turning the radio off!!

Will post back soon with many pics!

Congratulations, sounds great
    Pics asap please

Mine delayed by 2 weeks due to shortage of S/S tailpipes

Quote:
    Steve R said:
    Ok, got the car...

It is amazing!!! Took my sister along (mothers on holiday!!) and then went out for a blast along some amazing country roads - keeping the revs lowish!!

What a car, you can feel every part of the road, it's fast and even before its run-in it drives very well off-the-mark.

Was sad and took loads of pics and will try to post a few this eve or in the am.

Re the audio install I've got two companies who I have to talk to that have access to lots of new 987 stuff. Even door trim replacement for extra speakers... Bog standard stereo aint that bad though but needs a bit of oomph!! But the engine sounds - kept on turning the radio off!!

Will post back soon with many pics!

Congratulations - if you are half as thrilled with your car as I am with mine you will be highly chuffed. I am even happy now to go and see my mother in law as we go the scenic route from Winchester across the A272 through Petworth - the sound of the engine bouncing off the narrow walled streets is simply bliss - and on to Burgess Hill. Re audio system - I spent all that money on the Bose system for it to remain turned off so I can listen to that engine. No doubt you will be the same. Learn by my expensive lesson and live with the car for a bit because if you are like me you won't want the hifi. It's a sports car, probably the best you can buy and the best music comes from the engine. The "other" music is merely a distraction.

Mmm stone grey interior. Would have been my choice had I the patience to wait out the delivery time. It just looks so sophisticated and classy. Curious how the new soundsystem works out. I have the Bose surround and find it ok.. not mindblowing. But then.. the engine noise is indeed more interesting anyway. ;-)

Enjoy your babe! I'm right behind you.

Quote:
    Pictures - Specs... !?

My 987S specs: stick, basalt/black/black, heated sports seats, NAVI, auto AC, windshield /w Bose, PASM, sports chrono, Xenon, 19" carerra w, 3sp st.wheel

Been driving pretty nice cabrios for 13 years and was NEVER so interested in the weather before nor so willing to undertake all sorts of silly errands just providing an excuse to take her out on the road.

There are so many small quirks I believe Porsche should have done better (door handles, anyone?) but they matter little in the big picture. This car fits me.. the sports seats, the steering wheel, everything feels 100% made for me. For the first time it feels like I have control over my car since moving to the UK 6 months ago and struggling with left-handed shifting. Somehow I don't think I'll use the cup holders overly much.

I haven't tried the sports and PASM buttons yet but will this weekend. My first moment of embarrassment came and passed as I drove to get her handwashed and had to leave without the wash because I could not find out how to close the windows all the way up. Guess my impatience caught me again.. all it would have taken, as a very amused Porsche sales guy graciously conveyed to me when I stood at the dealership 5 minutes later, was to hold down the top button for a few seconds longer until the display goes off.

*cries* And today my husband took her out to work because I'm working from home.. need parking clamps!

Here's a first impression of my dirty girl:

/edit... It's a steering Wheel, not a steering Heel, after all

Quote:
    Ente said:
    Here's a first impression of my dirty girl:

Love it, beautiful combo! Boxster looks best in black!

I do like the look of the Boxster S in Black - one was in the showroom when I picked up the car!

As promised the pics!!!!

Thanks for all your comments - I think I'll never turn the Hi-Fi on!!! Had the top down this morning. All I can say is what an amazing car!!!!

Nice motor Steve! Enjoy!

Looking good. Was my car once that clean? Seems such a long time ago.. may have to break out the car cleaning kit this weekend!

Very nice car Steve R! Love the grey interior. And so spotless.. sweet. I need to try that wash thing again today.

Thanks also for the comments on my black baby.. she appreciates it

Quote:
    Ente said:
    Mmm stone grey interior. Would have been my choice had I the patience to wait out the delivery time. It just looks so sophisticated and classy. Curious how the new soundsystem works out. I have the Bose surround and find it ok.. not mindblowing. But then.. the engine noise is indeed more interesting anyway. ;-)

Enjoy your babe! I'm right behind you.

Quote:
    Pictures - Specs... !?

My 987S specs: stick, basalt/black/black, heated sports seats, NAVI, auto AC, windshield /w Bose, PASM, sports chrono, Xenon, 19" carerra w, 3sp st.wheel

Been driving pretty nice cabrios for 13 years and was NEVER so interested in the weather before nor so willing to undertake all sorts of silly errands just providing an excuse to take her out on the road.

There are so many small quirks I believe Porsche should have done better (door handles, anyone?) but they matter little in the big picture. This car fits me.. the sports seats, the steering wheel, everything feels 100% made for me. For the first time it feels like I have control over my car since moving to the UK 6 months ago and struggling with left-handed shifting. Somehow I don't think I'll use the cup holders overly much.

I haven't tried the sports and PASM buttons yet but will this weekend. My first moment of embarrassment came and passed as I drove to get her handwashed and had to leave without the wash because I could not find out how to close the windows all the way up. Guess my impatience caught me again.. all it would have taken, as a very amused Porsche sales guy graciously conveyed to me when I stood at the dealership 5 minutes later, was to hold down the top button for a few seconds longer until the display goes off.

*cries* And today my husband took her out to work because I'm working from home.. need parking clamps!

GREAT Looking Car Ente !! Thanks for the pics, Enjoy

VERY VERY VERY...NICE !! Thanks for the pics Steve, and once again, CONGRATS

Quote:
    Steve R said:
    Its only a matter of hours now to go until I get my 987 2.7 Boxster. I'm vvvvvvv excited... The last 6 weeks have been a very tough time to wait!

Awesome! Congratulations!!! Excellent color choices!

Hi Steve R.... Good color, I like the 18" design by the way, looks more elegant than the 19" Carrera S wheels

Thanks for all the comments!!

The cool thing is it drives even better than it looks!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/23/24 11:21 AM
    RCA
    581405 1761
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    377782 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    251906 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 2/22/24 5:12 PM
    GT-Boy
    210241 291
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    41496 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 2/19/24 9:07 AM
    RCA
    2263 25
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

840828 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    725362 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM