Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    997S cabs new garage mate

    With the flooding rains would stop so I could get it on the road.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    uh, i like the silverstone grey with chrome rims, yellow calipers and shields. very nice combination!

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Lovely!

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    F430 plus 997S? Very nice combo you've got there...

    Enjoy the F430, it's a fantastic car.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Very nice car, Write us a review plz when you drive it

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    I wrote one in the Farrarichat.com 360/430 area under first day fun, but I will be glad to give you my first impressions.

    I left my dealer last Thursday morning at 11:30 by 11:35 I had already been pulled over. Two very nice local police, who just loved the sound, of corse they told me to slow down. In the last 5 years I owned 2 360's and a 575 and I am what you call a drive like hell from the get go kond of guy.

    I always like to see how cars respond near as I can get the to their limit right away, so I know how far I can push myself and where my skills as a driver end. This car is a gearsift not an F1 so I also wanting to check some downshift areas.
    After work I went over to a huge commmuter lot which was just about empty, turn all driver help controls off and had fun. This car is hard to control with the CST (as they call it off) and would not advise anyone to drive on the street with it off. I think I went through about 500 miles on my tires in about 3 minutes.

    I was told by many this car it nothing like a 360 but I never fully believed them until I got behind the wheel. From the feeling of the seats to the power, to the laser guided feel of the steering, it is the total package. Wish the water would stop falling from the sky so I can play again.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    SWEET CAR! Great color combo.

    I'm waiting for the rain to stop as well. Hope to see you around!

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Wow, those ball polished wheels really shine!
    Congrats!

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Please post some more pics! One almost never sees polished wheels.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Please post some more pics! One almost never sees polished wheels.



    Well, just ask Nick...

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    OneCarrut said:
    I wrote one in the Farrarichat.com 360/430 area under first day fun, but I will be glad to give you my first impressions.

    I left my dealer last Thursday morning at 11:30 by 11:35 I had already been pulled over. Two very nice local police, who just loved the sound, of corse they told me to slow down. In the last 5 years I owned 2 360's and a 575 and I am what you call a drive like hell from the get go kond of guy.

    I always like to see how cars respond near as I can get the to their limit right away, so I know how far I can push myself and where my skills as a driver end. This car is a gearsift not an F1 so I also wanting to check some downshift areas.
    After work I went over to a huge commmuter lot which was just about empty, turn all driver help controls off and had fun. This car is hard to control with the CST (as they call it off) and would not advise anyone to drive on the street with it off. I think I went through about 500 miles on my tires in about 3 minutes.

    I was told by many this car it nothing like a 360 but I never fully believed them until I got behind the wheel. From the feeling of the seats to the power, to the laser guided feel of the steering, it is the total package. Wish the water would stop falling from the sky so I can play again.



    Congratulations. She's beautiful.
    Being a retired police officer, I can definately relate to them. Many have driven away with warnings, when they thought they would have been arrested.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    congrats! amazing combo

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Some better pictures

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    another

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    one more

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    eeuh, dude, something wrong with your steering wheel?





    those rims look phenomenal..

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    steering wheel

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Oic, happy wheel = happy owner

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Well I now have put a few 100 miles on the 430 and I must say it is the most complete sports car I have ever owned. Just so you know (I see the thread regarding the 997tt & the 430), this is my 4th Ferrari and my current 997S cab is my 39th Porsche. Before I drove the 430 for the first time I did not expect it would be that different than the 2 360's I owned. I was wrong, this car is in a different league, better steering feel, more power, and easier to drive fast. I am not not the type that breaks in car, unless you call readlining as you pull away from the dealer breaking in. I drive my cars hard and expect them to perform. This car does beyond my expectations. I still love to drive Porsches and will always own one, but when I get out of the 430 and get in the 997S (done it twice so far), I have to be honest, the Posrche just does not feel anywhere near as much of a car as the 430 is. Granted the 430 cost me over twice as much and I would expect nothing else. I do not consider myself a Ferrari guy or a Porsche guy, I am a car guy (i have owned over 90 different cars in the last 5 years), and whether it be an SL55, or an M3, or a GT3, if it thrills me to drive it, it is a great car, to me at least.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    OneCarrut said:
    ... this is my 4th Ferrari and my current 997S cab is my 39th Porsche...

    ...i have owned over 90 different cars in the last 5 years...



    Holy sh.t!

    That's an awful lot of cars...

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    OneCarrut said:
    Before I drove the 430 for the first time I did not expect it would be that different than the 2 360's I owned. I was wrong, this car is in a different league, better steering feel, more power, and easier to drive fast.



    Was one of them was a 360CS?

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Wow!! I love the F430 man..its such a sweet car..I want one very bad along with a GT3..

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    Wow!! I love the F430 man..its such a sweet car..I want one very bad along with a GT3..



    Would be a very nice combo also...

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    No neither of the 360's I owned was a CS.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    OneCarrut said:
    ... this is my 4th Ferrari and my current 997S cab is my 39th Porsche...

    ...i have owned over 90 different cars in the last 5 years...



    Holy sh.t!

    That's an awful lot of cars...



    Quote:
    (i have owned over 90 different cars in the last 5 years),




    I thought I switch cars alot. That's 18 a year..... 1.5 cars every month for 60 months. Holy chit where do you find the time to do this? Love this guy!

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    I usually keep for than a few at a time. I was up to 11 at once, but my wife was not real happy about that.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    OneCarrut said:
    I usually keep for than a few at a time. I was up to 11 at once, but my wife was not real happy about that.



    You should change your username to "OneCarNut"...

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Wow that is one nice car.

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    You should change your username to "OneCarNut"...



    ...but he owns more than one car at any one time

    Some guys have all the Luck

    Re: 997S cabs new garage mate

    Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    You should change your username to "OneCarNut"...



    ...but he owns more than one car at any one time

    Some guys have all the Luck



    Yeah, I thought of "(The)One(AndOnly)CarNut(InThisWholeWideWorld)".

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    572946 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/23/22 1:43 PM
    Rossi
    222158 1179
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/22/22 5:24 AM
    watt
    111695 977
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/1/22 7:14 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    108060 405
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 1/3/22 7:55 AM
    Rossi
    89289 531
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    31407 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    511737 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    427187 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    424077 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    387727 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    364577 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/13/22 3:48 PM
    Grant
    347074 3536
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    289374 1587
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    137448 772
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 4/25/22 7:26 PM
    bluelines
    134633 1388
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    110719 209
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    109689 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    107448 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 5/19/22 5:11 PM
    Leawood911
    92518 1644
    Porsche GT4RS 5/20/22 8:12 AM
    d997h
    83688 938
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    75817 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    74755 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 12/15/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    70144 533
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    61623 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/4/22 7:10 AM
    GnilM
    54502 472
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 5/19/22 11:01 PM
    Grant
    53941 721
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 7/21/21 6:22 PM
    Topspeed
    53930 592
    Others Corvette C8 11/8/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    49802 442
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    26509 640
    AMG AMG plotting new SLR with hybrid power for 2018 launch 2/22/22 2:34 PM
    Topspeed
    24150 275
    224 items found, displaying 1 to 30.