Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

I'm very upset today because... I lost a car

I had such a rubbish day as I had to find out bright and early that the Aston Martin dealer locally sold a pearl white DBS I was VERY interested in. I had phoned them the previous week to request that they keep the car from being driven until this week (as it was used on display at a local motorshow till yesterday). The salesmen I normally deal with said fine. I then find out somebody else sold the car without knowledge that I had been interested in the car. I told them don't I get any preference - as we have bought the F430 and Phantom from them, plus a few other cars(X5 4.8iS, CLK320 Cab, SLK200, SL55 AMG) from the guy that sold the DBS when he was at another showroom a few years back. Instead of saving good grace with an already good existing customer and telling the guy it was sold to "Sorry, I had not known an existing client was interested in this car - if you would like we would glady refund your money ASAP or give us an extra 2 days. If this client is no longer interested in the car, you are more than welcome to purchase the vehicle from us. Was my mistake." I have heard nothing as of yet.

I was planning to keep it a secret because I would have added it to the garage sometime this week. I guess that is no longer happening at this point. I'm so frustrated and irritated.

Re: I'm very upset today because... I lost a car

Should have waited a couple of days Mike, ya never know.

Sounds like he did it not out of spite, but didn't really know you were interested in it.  Nevermind, put the money towards something useful like a Zonda F for instance. ;)

--

Check out my Gallery

ResB:

Should have waited a couple of days Mike, ya never know.

Sounds like he did it not out of spite, but didn't really know you were interested in it.  Nevermind, put the money towards something useful like a Zonda F for instance. ;)

--

Check out my Gallery

Thanks Res, but the Zonda F Roadster is coming regardless of this purchase or not. From my understanding the car was already paid for in full and on it's way down to Cape Town to it's new owner. It was kind of a at the right time, right place moments. I am not going to order the DBS because I don't have need to own this car. I just felt like having a December toy to drive at the sea Smiley

I didn't know that, about the Zonda I mean.  JC drives a Roadster in his latest DVD. Smiley  He also drives the DBS strangely enough.  Best you don't get the DVD I think at this stage. Smiley

Unlucky fella, these things are sent to test us you know.  As my dad would say "it's character forming"....Smiley Not that helps of course...

--

Check out my Gallery

Lol! Thanks for the heads up Smiley I hope what I heard today was just utter BS, perhaps my luck might change tomorrow Smiley

Mike, I understand your frustration with the dealer. Seem you have been poorly informed.

Having said that  - I am sure many people around the globe would trade your "rubbish monday" problems for theirs in a heartbeat. I know I would.

Smiley   Smiley

Well theres plenty more cars about, and theres always better ones appearing just when you've brought one!!!!!

Monday blues eh! tell me about it,

First i wake up nearly wetting myself, as soon as i woke up i got a strong sudden urge to go, jump out of bed into the bathroom, and this keeps happening, probably cause winters here and the cold is getting to me.

I then hobble downstairs to put my contact lenses in still trying to ''WAKE UP'', and my fathers outside trying to open the bonnet as the clutch has gone, so as soon as my lenses are in i put some gloves on and go out to fix it.

The clutch pedal is on the floor, and my father says brake fluid is down, so that rules it down to 3 things, so basicly there is a leak on the clutch somewhere, my father says just top the fluid up i said no i need to find the leak and whats wrong, because i checked the clutch feed pipe so it's either the clutch master inside the car or the slave cylinder inside the clutch housing, one of them is leaking so your going to get more brake fluid either inside the car or over the clutch.

He then starts to argu with me thinking it's just low on fluid Smiley, i told him it was full yesterday when i checked it, he then said well maybe you didnt check it right..Smiley oh well do what you want then etc etc........

I said it was full, and there must be a leak on the clutch, he then said well it could be the brakesSmiley i said no it's not the brakes because a leak on the brake system would not affect the clutch even if the reservior went dry, because the clutch feeds off the res but once it's full it's full, also the brake pedal wouldnt be hard, plus it's very unlikely the brake fluid just leaks out, normaly leaks under pressure, plus it's just been mot'd!

He then go's inside the house, i had a quick check of the clutch master cylinder inside the footwell and it looked ok, so must be the clutch slave £50 for a new one, i start to unbolt it and theres something on top of the gearbox under the cylinder, either water or brake fluid, i'd undone the pipe so i did think it could be from that but knew it's probably leaking unbolted it and LOW AND BEHOLD yes it's leaking fluid p****** out of it.

Put the new one in, bled it, now with my fathers help now he can clearly see i'm right, spent most of the afternoon in the freezing cold doing it....

And now he's got a working car......... Smiley wake up, try to help, get drawn into an argument, run father around places, then spend 2 hours fixing the car in the cold........

I hope the clucth is ok, was brand new less than 2 years old, the fluid may not have gone on the actual lining

But he'd not said anything so it may be ok, the bloody clutch slave was replaced by the garage when the clutch was done, bloody non genuine parts failling within 2 yearsSmiley, ohwell roll on tuesday...................

For how cold the house is now winters here, it's a wonder i don't wake up dead, and get an out of body ''ghost'' experienceSmiley

--

Sorry to heard than, what kind of salesman would do than to a regular customer like you, not to mention the economic situation now.   They will know very soon what they have miss.

Smike Mike, life is good when thats your definition of a bad day :)

I am expecting my Vantage in 3 months and am debating taking a exactly same spec car that has already arrived - trying to negotiate a good deal right now. 

--
    Tom

Mike,

I totally understand how you feel. I had the same feelings when I see some items I wanted badly and I know if I will not buy it right away they probably will be gone. Had this situation with rare watches, where I hesitated a bit to long to say yes. Now whenever I find something demanding by coincidence available my stomach is telling me just go for where my ratio say, lets check the market first. Normally my stomach wins 4 out of 5 and let me tell you, I feel without that "I bite my A**" feelings much better Smiley

For your Aston - check the Market and I'm sure you will find one, probably with a better package or price. I keep my fingers crossed for you!

cheers, L@rs

Thanks for all the kind thoughts guys. It may seem there might be a silver lining in this cloud after all! The dealer phoned back with a very attractive proposition. I'll keep you posted!

Bit of a bummer Mike, I hope things work out. I once had money on a car and was working on the financing and I found out the dealer was allowing it out on test drives. I was furious, you must have been too.

What a strange way for the salesman to hand his notice in.Smiley Smiley

--
    "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

from past experiences we've had, I already guarantee that if that dealer is smart enough, they will offer you some good options that may interest you......

It would be so so stupid to not apologise, or not offer you any possible solutions, and even more with a customer of your characteristics...

Regarding about the dbs, I was just shocked by the beauty of those white dbs pics you posted some time ago, it was just unreal, and the perfect car for everything.....

BUT, Mike, if you really feel upset, just get yourself a good aged scotch, open your garage, and admire that lp640+f430 while drinking with moderation. Smiley

seriously, right now I'm even more upset....as we have a big dilemma in deciding wether to get a stock 997.2 dealer has in stock, or specced a carrera S and wait 4 full months for delivery....anyways, I would love to be upset all year, if the cause was one of these.Smiley

btw, just to help you a little bit more Mike Smiley....we are completely convinced, and we are getting it in white colour also..... Smiley SmileySmiley

--

Yeah i bet the dealer will sort you out with something better for less, and make you happy againSmiley
    --

Things may be slightly different in other regions, but I doubt by much.

In the USA, Astons aren't exactly flying off the lot.  Luxury goods sales are down 5+%, car sales 5.5+%.  Some makers of said goods are slashing prices in an unprecedented move to try to increase sales.

In the USA there are at least 300-400+ Astons sitting unsold, many of them have been on the lot for over 150-250 days. 

Nearly every dealer has one DBS (or more!) in inventory, undoubtedly client-specced cars whose clients have long since backed out.

There are some amazing deals to be had and I am about to close one.  Will keep you all updated as well :) 

--
    Tom

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    578656 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

357451 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    86122 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/21/21 9:49 AM
    RCA
    44254 340
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35200 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32878 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/20/21 11:02 AM
    Joost
    15369 310
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4301 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    561803 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/13/21 10:04 AM
    996FourEss
    401780 3585
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/13/21 8:01 AM
    BjoernB
    355965 3915
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352866 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    313268 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309697 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    216126 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    183639 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160418 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138011 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/22/21 3:46 PM