Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

what colour did you pick??

just wondering what colour is being picked the most? : )

Re: what colour did you pick??

Where is Black (not Basalt)?? One vote for Black here

Black

Another vote for BLACK

BLACK (with ProTech paint protection)

I've got an Arctic Silver 997 C2 at the moment but I have a C4S due in October / November. I love the Arctic Silver, but really though I should have a change as every other car these days seems to be silver.

So, I made a brave decision not to follow the crowd and I've ordered it in Guards Red with special black Sportdesign wheels.

The Interior is all black, but with a twist - red stitching! I really hope it's going to be OK, but I have this feeling it will look amazing when it arrives.

Quote:
    ElTonioni said:
    I've got an Arctic Silver 997 C2 at the moment but I have a C4S due in October / November. I love the Arctic Silver, but really though I should have a change as every other car these days seems to be silver.

So, I made a brave decision not to follow the crowd and I've ordered it in Guards Red with special black Sportdesign wheels.

The Interior is all black, but with a twist - red stitching! I really hope it's going to be OK, but I have this feeling it will look amazing when it arrives.

Good luck with that.

Quote:
    ElTonioni said:

Woaw... that is brave indeed!
    Please post some pics when you get it..... it's going to look amazing!!

Hopefully Porsche will have developed the technology to red-stitch the shifter boot and handbrake by now.

Black (not basalt)

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Hopefully Porsche will have developed the technology to red-stitch the shifter boot and handbrake by now.

Let's hope so eh?

Seriously though, it's shame that people don't spec' things up for themselves and go with the crowd. All too often a salesman will advise buyers what to choose and what not to choose based on him having to sell it again to a second hand buyer when it goes back to the dealership a few years later. Hence, the huge number of sober colours now being sold. I had this same conversation with a Range Rover dealer last year who couldn't have been more forceful in advising me to buy a diesel rather than petrol, so... I bought a Cayenne Turbo instead!

That's fine for a Bentley or a Mercedes, but come on guys, we're purchasing sports cars here, not family saloons. I assume that those who can afford are doing something to allow them are able to think for themselves outside a dealership

I say let's all go and specify all new 911's in the loudest colours possible. Stuff the salesmen!

How is this poll measured? It seems to be rated as a percentage, yet It only adds up to 39.17% right now?

If you plan on keeping the car, I would get what suits you!

If you plan on selling it in a few years, I would definitely go more conservative- basic colors: white, black, silver tend to sell faster than yellow, orange and other bold colors.Same with very special options .

Love the Guards Red with Black int.

There was a thread on stitching a month or two ago- check it out. Some folks have had problems with that option, as MMD has suggested.

Good Luck!

I bleed Red & Black!

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    There was a thread on stitching a month or two ago- check it out. Some folks have had problems with that option, as MMD has suggested.

I'll do that, thanks.

The Guards red exterior with black wheels is the bit I really do like.

I don't think that the darker colours show the vents / intakes very well and we have winters in the UK that mean that black / blue cars are always filthy regardless of how often they are cleaned. I have a Lapis Blue Porsche, and it's a real PITA, even though it looks fabulous for a few nanoseconds if it stays dry.

The thinking behind the interior is that it's the flip of the exterior - red/black, black/red. It is the one thing that I'm a bit nervous about, but I think it will be OK when the car comes. Don't worry - I didn't go for red dials and seat belts

Quote:
    MMD said:

LOL

For whatever reason red stitching on black does not show well in photos. The red in the stitch gives off this strange irredescint.
    I have it now in my CS and it looks so much different in person than photos.
    Red w/ black wheels / red stitching sounds more Ferrari but bet it will look very cool in a Porsche too.
    Really interested in the photos when it's delivered.

Black..... it's just so purdy when she's spiffed up..

BLACK for me too, although I might try one of the blues (with sand beige interior) for the 997TT.

Quote:
    greggr107 said:
    Where is Black (not Basalt)?? One vote for Black here

Another vote for black

Quote:
    ElTonioni said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:

Let's hope so eh?

Seriously though, it's shame that people don't spec' things up for themselves and go with the crowd. All too often a salesman will advise buyers what to choose and what not to choose based on him having to sell it again to a second hand buyer when it goes back to the dealership a few years later. Hence, the huge number of sober colours now being sold. I had this same conversation with a Range Rover dealer last year who couldn't have been more forceful in advising me to buy a diesel rather than petrol, so... I bought a Cayenne Turbo instead!

That's fine for a Bentley or a Mercedes, but come on guys, we're purchasing sports cars here, not family saloons. I assume that those who can afford are doing something to allow them are able to think for themselves outside a dealership

I say let's all go and specify all new 911's in the loudest colours possible. Stuff the salesmen!

Totally agree....gotta bespoke-spec $100K+ discretionary toys

On the gearshift/handbrake deviated stitching, need to order the upgraded leather/alum shifter/handbrake option to make sure the deviated stitching is consistently applied; also, prob need to spec thicker steering wheel to get deviated stitching on wheel's rim.....other high ROI Exclusive options on 997S would prob be leather rear center console and leather-covered adaptive sport seat backs...

Quote:
    ElTonioni said:

I say let's all go and specify all new 911's in the loudest colours possible.

. . . better yet, in the loudest MOTORS possible.

Quote:
    ElTonioni said:

I saw a bright orange Lambo Gallardo over the weekend in Santa Monica. I remarked to my friend that you couldn't possibly build a more "see me" car than that. Then I realized that you could paint a Gallardo hot pink and that would pretty much do it.

Did anyone see the pure orange 997 C2S that did the hill at Goodwood this year? Not for everyone, but still gorgeous!

I wouldn't want a sedan in that color but I think wild colors look great on sports cars. I love it.

well i dont have a porsche, but if i got one, it'd be a tough choice between black & cobalt blue

I like the car in front of the Orange Porsche

eeeeerm....no black?

I've seen that orange C2S at the Brandshatch Porsche Festival. It's not usually a preferred color of mine, but on the 997 it looked intriguing.

Guards Red

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    748091 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 8/11/21 2:00 PM
    throt

451130 1287
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 9/20/21 9:51 PM
    nberry
    166235 1099
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/17/21 8:59 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    65427 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 9/20/21 8:07 AM
    RCA
    54074 511
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    46469 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    42931 380
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    11976 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    464748 3586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 6/25/21 2:56 PM
    the-missile
    384787 3506
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 8/12/21 4:57 PM
    Topspeed
    381254 3918
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    347192 3252
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    336102 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    316998 2646
    Porsche 992 GT3 9/17/21 4:41 PM
    lexs4
    262352 2975
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 7/20/21 3:10 PM
    Topspeed
    249808 1567
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    167398 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    143207 792
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    117910 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/20/21 10:36 PM