Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

How boring are these vette v.s. Porsche threads anyway

Wow I can't understand why someone would buy a 997tt or pee 06 and not be satisfied with just owning and driving the damn thing, instead they have to justify their preference by ragging on the next car manufacturer. Just to throw my last two antagonizing cents, I will quote Charlie Sheane in that great movie which spawned my love for Porsche "No Mans Land". When asked why dont you steal that ferrari over there, he replied " that's an italian peace of **it"
    sorry nick

Re: How boring are these vette v.s. Porsche threads anyway

I believe he said "Italian Trash" not Italian POS.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    Wow I can't understand why someone would buy a 997tt or pee 06 and not be satisfied with just owning and driving the damn thing, instead they have to justify their preference by ragging on the next car manufacturer. Just to throw my last two antagonizing cents, I will quote Charlie Sheane in that great movie which spawned my love for Porsche "No Mans Land". When asked why dont you steal that ferrari over there, he replied " that's an italian peace of **it"
    sorry nick

Great... the class level of the P-car owner just keeps going up and up.

Quote:
    twinturbo001 said:

Same thing..

Sorry guys, i guess it was a bit low class... I just became a little irritated with everyone either putting down the other car manufacturer or the drivers from a different region. Thanks for the correction on the quote (it's been a long time). cheers

Quote:
    twinturbo001 said:

Indeed, I believe the exact phrase was
    "Nah, italian trash"

Thanx for reminding me about this movie, one of my fave movies from the 80's. I had "forgotten" it, but must buy it on DVD now.

And I totally agree with you rhino, I'm getting pretty fed up of all the Corvette posts.
    I wish we could have a 997 TT thread without anyone mentioning the Corvette. If you have something to say about the Corvette, please do so on the Sportscar board.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    sorry nick

I agree but sometimes such "bashing" posts can be pretty amusing. I just don't like it too much when owners of other brands/models come here and start to provoke without actually having a real proof. And I also start to ask myself: why do owners/fans of a Z06, F430/360 or any other non-Porsche sportscar owner/fan come over to a PORSCHE forum and start to tell us how "good" their choice is? I don't get it. Or actually, I get it: I can't hide the feeling that some of them have the urge to convince themselves that they made the right choice (owners) and others just want to throw some mud into a Porsche owner's face (non-owners/fans). Sorry to say that but both are a case for a first class psychiatrist. Any professional over here to volunteer to treat them at a special "Rennteam" rate?

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    sorry nick

I agree but sometimes such "bashing" posts can be pretty amusing. I just don't like it too much when owners of other brands/models come here and start to provoke without actually having a real proof. And I also start to ask myself: why do owners/fans of a Z06, F430/360 or any other non-Porsche sportscar owner/fan come over to a PORSCHE forum and start to tell us how "good" their choice is? I don't get it. Or actually, I get it: I can't hide the feeling that some of them have the urge to convince themselves that they made the right choice (owners) and others just want to throw some mud into a Porsche owner's face (non-owners/fans). Sorry to say that but both are a case for a first class psychiatrist. Any professional over here to volunteer to treat them at a special "Rennteam" rate?

or charge them the "Porsche" rate, and make a nice chunk of change off them

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    sorry nick

Interesting points , RC. I think you hit that one on the head.. Porsche owners don't feel the need to justify their purchases to anybody, it goes deeper than that. In one of the Porsche website videos, it talks about the 911 having 'a soul'.. I truly believe that. I remember watching that video before I bought mine, and thinking about that summer day in 1984, when I was 16 and drove a cabriolet around the block. I was done. I think the connection is deeper with these cars. The money was a stretch for me.. but I have never felt more secure in a purchase. Life is good

Quote:
    RC said:
    I just don't like it too much when owners of other brands/models come here and start to provoke without actually having a real proof. And I also start to ask myself: why do owners/fans of a Z06, F430/360 or any other non-Porsche sportscar owner/fan come over to a PORSCHE forum and start to tell us how "good" their choice is? I don't get it. Or actually, I get it: I can't hide the feeling that some of them have the urge to convince themselves that they made the right choice (owners) and others just want to throw some mud into a Porsche owner's face (non-owners/fans). Sorry to say that but both are a case for a first class psychiatrist. Any professional over here to volunteer to treat them at a special "Rennteam" rate?

I totally agree. Porsche vs. Vette or Porsche vs. any other car threads can be very fun, but it gets frustrating when someone who seems to have something against Porsche comes to a Porsche board and starts being ignorant and disrespectful.

I suggest not using Charlie Sheen as a icon for Porsche ownership.

On his TV show last season he denounced the Boxster as a girls car.

He's owned one and crashed one so he ought to know.

Today he is a Jag owner.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    I suggest not using Charlie Sheen as a icon for Porsche ownership.

On his TV show last season he denounced the Boxster as a girls car.

He's owned one and crashed one so he ought to know.

Today he is a Jag owner.

For some reason I have a picture in my head of RC pulling off a little Harrison Ford from Air Force One near the end where he says "Get off my plane (in this case, board) to ignorant owners of other makes.

Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:
    For some reason I have a picture in my head of RC pulling off a little Harrison Ford from Air Force One near the end where he says "Get off my plane (in this case, board) to ignorant owners of other makes.

I'm not without "sins" too, I really don't want to kick out anybody. And believe it or not, this is not my plane...oops, board...it belongs to all users who are spending their time here adding information and pictures for the others.

Has it occurred to any of you that quite possibly Porsche owners may have a chip on their shoulder? The old joke of how can you tell a porcupine from a Porsche is appropriate here. (the answer below)

You all can beat up on my 430 as much as you like. I find it entertaining and worth reading and at times I agree. But for some unknown reason, Porsche owners sanctify the car and that I cannot comprehend. The slightest offending remark is met with a hail of invectives.

Also, has it occurred to you that some of our negative posts just may resonant with Porsche and make them change some of their ways? Certain they will not get any good feedback from its brainwashed owners. Us "Porsche bashers" are only performing a service on your behalf.

Joke answer. The Porsche has the prick's inside.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    You all can beat up on my 430 as much as you like

Have I ever done that?

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Has it occurred to any of you that quite possibly Porsche owners may have a chip on their shoulder? The old joke of how can you tell a porcupine from a Porsche is appropriate here. (the answer below)

You all can beat up on my 430 as much as you like. I find it entertaining and worth reading and at times I agree. But for some unknown reason, Porsche owners sanctify the car and that I cannot comprehend. The slightest offending remark is met with a hail of invectives.

Also, has it occurred to you that some of our negative posts just may resonant with Porsche and make them change some of their ways? Certain they will not get any good feedback from its brainwashed owners. Us "Porsche bashers" are only performing a service on your behalf.

Joke answer. The Porsche has the prick's inside.

Bravo!!! Well Said!!! I go to a large car gathering every Sunday here in So Cal. Vettes, F Cars, Lambos, Mercedes, Mini's, Mustangs...almost everything you can imagine...
    And who are the only drivers with their noses in the air...
    Porsche and BMW drivers!!!! There you have it.

Quote:
    nberry said:

This is exactly what I would love for the true Porsche fan to realize. A unified voice on this board could alter the way Porsche does business and we would be left with better cars for it. I love Porsche but I think they are getting too carried away with fleecing their customers without a competitive return on product.

That's funny nberry, I heard the same tale about Ferrari owners (only they had the pricks inside of them). If you want to give some constructive criticism, you should call Ferrari and ask them "what the hell were they thinking when designing the 588 GTB. It has the lines of a ZO6 and the front clip of a child's smiley toy. What about those rims, are those designed to emulate a pentagram or an upside down Star of David. Just food for thought. Love the f430's sound though cheers

Socal, What's a competitive return on product? Charging 3 MILLIONDOLLARS for an FXX. Give me a break. Down here in florida we call that price gouging, but it's alright you Nberry and pee06 over there can hate all you want

ronnie tell me the truth. in those large car gatherings, where do you park the Z06 (next to the mini's or the mustangs)?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

686993 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/9/22 4:08 PM
    watt
    320507 1186
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 12/7/22 4:53 PM
    Porker
    217972 1266
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 12/4/22 12:10 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    203281 439
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    186445 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/22/22 8:19 PM
    GaussM
    129650 9
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    57683 68
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    521672 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    477308 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 11/27/22 2:46 AM
    WhoopsyM
    473555 3785
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    230638 774
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 12/8/22 5:28 PM
    WhoopsyM
    230269 1470
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    200175 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    196371 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/8/22 5:32 PM
    WhoopsyM
    191119 1871
    Porsche GT4RS 11/24/22 3:09 AM
    GnilM
    190641 1193
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    163676 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    160989 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    157081 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    143623 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 10/6/22 11:48 PM
    DJM48
    140528 501
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    138684 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    137855 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    136479 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 12/8/22 11:11 AM
    Leawood911
    127810 1562
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    107461 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    106528 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    104249 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    79338 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    31671 438
    172 items found, displaying 1 to 30.