Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Finalizing my order

I am finalizing my Cayman S order before the end of this month. It will be December build. I have chosen the following specs:

Y1 Seal Grey
    798 Cocoa Brown (RA)
    P74 Bi-xenon Lighting System
    267 Automatic dimming int/ext mirrors
    XCZ Sports shifter
    475 PASM
    XRP 5 mm Spacers - front & rear
    P16 PCM (dont really need it the navigation, but cant live with the looks without it and wanted the rest of the functions)
    640 Sports Chrono package
    XLF Sport Exhaust
    407 19" Sport Design wheel
    483 Tyre Pressure monitoring
    P78 Sport Seats
    XPA 3 sp sport thicker wheel
    XMZ Rear Centre Console - Leather
    XNS Steering Column Casing Leather (big surface black plastic looks too cheep with such a rich color)
    XSC Porsche Crest Embossed in Headrest
    XX1 Floor Mats
    XXZ Foot rest Alu

I have skipped the following:

666 Telephone Module for PCM (dont think practical neither worth the money. A bluetooth headset will do)
    680 Bose Sound System (was advised that the sound package plus is good enough)
    692 CD Changer CDC-4 (I will be using an ipod)

What do you think?

Re: Finalizing my order

What is this?!

steve: wheel spacers. porsche probably added this option recently.

i remember on the 2005 boxster S 550 edition, they were standard.

they are just wheel spacers

Ah ok

Quote:
    Steve987 said:

What is this?!

XRP pushes wheel 5mm out for more aggressive look only. It has a neutral effect on the car as I understood from my dealer.

Have you checked with your dealer to see if these options are actually available? In the US many options are not available.

Quote:
    DaveC said:
    Have you checked with your dealer to see if these options are actually available? In the US many options are not available.

I had my first order for Nov. build and was rejected. Porsche confirmed to my dealer that they will be able to accept options like mine starting Dec. build.

Quote:
    rfakhri said:
    Quote:
    DaveC said:

I had my first order for Nov. build and was rejected. Porsche confirmed to my dealer that they will be able to accept options like mine starting Dec. build.

While I hope this is true for you, I wouldn't be holding my breath. Looking back at the 997 intro a lot of things still weren't available 6 months after the launch. I really don't like when this happens.

Way to go on skippig BOSE! And I thought I was the only one who thought it was a waste and better spent on other options.

Happy Waiting!

I think if I had to order mine today, I would get white on black with:

Definitely
    -sport steering wheel
    -colored wheel caps

Probably
    -sport shifter
    -xenon lights

Maybe (haven't tried them)
    -Sport seats
    -chrono

Money-no-object
    -PCCB

5 MM spacers all around don't really do anything except push the wheels out a bit, and even THAT is hardly noticable.

any normal driver that tells you there is more than purely visual difference (slight), is just trying to justify spending hundreds of dollars on 4 metal discs.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    5 MM spacers all around don't really do anything except push the wheels out a bit, and even THAT is hardly noticable.

any normal driver that tells you there is more than purely visual difference (slight), is just trying to justify spending hundreds of dollars on 4 metal discs.

I agree, however, those 5mm spacers may be necessary to fit some aftermarket wheels...

Usually it's the offset discussion that leads to the spacer discussion. I guess there are many roads to Rome after all.

My Cayman S order

X1 Arctic Silver
    AT Black Full Leather
    PO1L Adaptive Sport Seats
    p74 Bi-Xenon
    450 PCCB
    CNX Spoiler lips Aluminum Look
    CXB Door Entry Grds stl steel Illu
    342 heated seats
    509 Fire extinguisher
    425 Rear Window Wiper
    680 Bose
    p16 PCM 2.1
    573 Automatic Climate Control
    460 Sport Steering Wheel Lthr

In my opinion, Will pass on PASM( HATE IT) and Chronos. Prefer the regular suspension particularly since i'm going with the 18 Cayman Wheels...Think the car will be a tool with the ceramics and want them on this car even though its an 8150 dollar option , PCM - like having the nav. Full leather a must have option with Boxster interior, The rest of the options depends on how much more money you want to put into the car.. At 81,360 Thats about as far as I'm willing to go...

Nice specs mr cohanian However, I don't believe that full leather is a MUST HAVE option. I would say it is a must have on the light interior such a beige because it otherwise looks cheap, but black interior looks sporty and classy to me especially with the subtle titanium and aluminum-look accents. The full leather is a luxury option and remember the Cayman is a pure sports car so performance enhancing or sporty options would top my list. Over 81K US; that's a lot of beans ; that's a base Carrera with some decent options... why not go that route?

Interesting; that's pretty much what I would get...

I am about to put in my initial order for my Boxster S and want to get some opinions on my spec:

Boxster S
    Atlas Grey/Black Top/Black int
    Sport Seats
    Bi-Xenon
    Sport Steering Wheel
    Small Carbon Package

For a first time buyer of both a new car and a Porsche is there anything that i am missing that would be crucial to fun factor/looks or does this spec seem alright for a 1st Porsche?

harrY

Think it looks pretty good to me. How about auto climate control and heated seats?.....neither absolutely necessary, but nice to have.

Nice choice for your 1st new car!!!
    Congratulations and have fun with the ordering process. I agree with trying to keep the options as a minimum and getting an "S" instead of a loaded base boxster. One short drive in the S convinced me
    Where do you live? I would add heated seats as it extends top down driving season and is almost essential in the winter; have you tried sitting on cold leather, brrrrr....
    Also, the windstop is nice to have. Not only do you get the windstop in that package but also a nice storage area on the bulkhead behind the seats instead of the "luggage net" - a nice security feature as no one would be able to see what you have in there from the outside.
    The sports seats are nice but the standard ones are really good too (they got really good reviews) So I would add the heated seats and windstop instead of either sports seats or carbon package (this keeps your price point the same) - I think the carbon trim on the dash makes the black interior look even gloomier - the standard alumimum trip is nice and brightens up the interior ; you can always add the carbon gear shift and handbrake later Just my 2 cents though; it's your car to enjoy
    I'm also in the process of waiting for my BoxsterS I ordered 2 weeks ago; enjoy the process

Harryo2b: Sounds like a good spec, where I would only consider the windstop to be the only missing must-have option but that's up to the individual. I drive open a lot on motorways and it helps heaps to keep the wind impact down (when driving with windows up ).
    Enjoy!

Is this the Cayman board ?

Well yes, but around here either the engine is behind the seats or hanging out over the rear axel. Nothing much else really matters.

Quote:
    rfakhri said:
    I am finalizing my Cayman S order before the end of this month. It will be December build. I have chosen the following specs:

Y1 Seal Grey
    798 Cocoa Brown (RA)
    P74 Bi-xenon Lighting System
    267 Automatic dimming int/ext mirrors
    XCZ Sports shifter
    475 PASM
    P16 PCM (dont really need it the navigation, but cant live with the looks without it and wanted the rest of the functions)
    640 Sports Chrono package
    XLF Sport Exhaust
    407 19" Sport Design wheel
    483 Tyre Pressure monitoring
    P78 Sport Seats
    XPA 3 sp sport thicker wheel
    XMZ Rear Centre Console - Leather
    XNS Steering Column Casing Leather (big surface black plastic looks too cheep with such a rich color)
    XSC Porsche Crest Embossed in Headrest
    XX1 Floor Mats
    XXZ Foot rest Alu

I have skipped the following:

666 Telephone Module for PCM (dont think practical neither worth the money. A bluetooth headset will do)
    680 Bose Sound System (was advised that the sound package plus is good enough)
    692 CD Changer CDC-4 (I will be using an ipod)

What do you think?

Porsche pissed me off . . . got a call today from my dealer saying that my order was pushed by another month because of my options. I dont really want to give up many of my options. Now mine is Jan build for Feb/Mech delivery. Not really a good time for a new car. Hot summer kicks in very early here.

Skip the aluminum footrest (from what I've heard here) and put the money towards the leather sun visors.

We tried to tell you..... They just want to pump out basic Caymans first. It will be all worth it once you recieve it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 8/11/21 2:00 PM
    throt

452915 1287
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 9/25/21 12:11 PM
    WhoopsyM
    167400 1111
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/17/21 8:59 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    65605 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 9/27/21 1:55 AM
    watt
    54733 528
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    46554 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 9/27/21 4:56 PM
    WhoopsyM
    43342 392
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    12040 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    466082 3586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 6/25/21 2:56 PM
    the-missile
    385074 3506
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 8/12/21 4:57 PM
    Topspeed
    381509 3918
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    347584 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    317144 2646
    Porsche 992 GT3 9/27/21 2:19 PM
    the-missile
    263853 2988
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/26/21 10:49 AM
    WhoopsyM
    250840 1586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    167547 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    118072 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    102055 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/5/21 4:30 PM