Crown

Board: Lotus Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Elise Photoshoot in Malibu

--

Re: New Elise Photoshoot in Hollywood

Great pictures but I'm absolutely no fan of their interpretation of a future Elise. Why do they have to create a Boxster rival when they fill a hole in the market they have all for themselves with the present Elise..

really nice pics. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

--

GT3, Cooper S & CS

This is Malibu.  Not Hollywood.

Porker:

Great pictures but I'm absolutely no fan of their interpretation of a future Elise. Why do they have to create a Boxster rival when they fill a hole in the market they have all for themselves with the present Elise..

So more people can get in and out of it, and enjoy driving it. Current car is too limited in appeal.

KMM:
    Porker:

So more people can get in and out of it, and enjoy driving it. Current car is too limited in appeal.

But there is such a car... It's called the Boxster.

Jean:

This is Malibu.  Not Hollywood.

Thanks for pointing it out. I've changed the title. Smiley

--

What will be the estimated price ???....

I am c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.l.y..... S.O.L.D. 

--

Wow beautiful, not liking the weight though... it was such a special car being so light.. not it could become an average sports car... fantastic architecture, anyone got more info on the location specifically.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Tinseltown has a new Brat Pack. Five stars that stole the Los Angeles Motor Show.

The Esprit already has iconic movie credits to its name – “The Spy Who Loved Me,” “For Your Eyes Only,” “Pretty Woman,” and “Basic Instinct.” And its chemistry with the leading ladies is hard to ignore.

Now it’s joined on the red carpet by three new starlets – Elise, Elan and Eterne – hot young numbers that have had Variety and TMZ buzzing.

We took them up to the Hills to our rented Pierre Koenig pad, invited our leggiest neighbours, and made cocktails by the pool. Purienne brought his camera. The girls took in the view and topped up their tans. The stars felt right at home amid the beauty and modernism, and were able to relax away from the limelight.

Robert Evans, Dashiell Hammett, David Lynch, Frank Lloyd Wright, Raymond Chandler, Bret Easton Ellis, and Hunter S. Thompson heard the ruckus and rang the doorbell. Things got pretty wild.

The afternoon became a cover story. The stars and their entourage went joyriding on Mulholland Drive. The girls didn’t bother changing. Maybe it was lust for fame – or proximity to it – swaying their judgment. We parked and watched the sun recede behind Century City, waiting for a text that would lead us that night’s celebrity soiree.

--

Gauss:

Err, don't know why but suddenly the new Elise is growing on me. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring. Smiley

Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

Atzporsche:

Wow beautiful, not liking the weight though... it was such a special car being so light.. not it could become an average sports car... fantastic architecture, anyone got more info on the location specifically.

Don't know about this one

163291_162504033794050_135849009792886_338209_4387230_n.jpg

But I'm sure that this second one is the Stahl House (CSH#22) designed by Pierre Koenig for the Case Study Houses program in 1959. 

article5_image6.jpg

absolutely stunning location!

hey Gauss,

as the lotus rennteam expert i have a question for you, is lotus gonna stop all current models, as they release the new ones? or will the likes of the evora and 2 Eleven and the other cars carry over into 2012 when the esprit is launched? 

Moser

Moser:

hey Gauss,

as the lotus rennteam expert i have a question for you, is lotus gonna stop all current models, as they release the new ones? or will the likes of the evora and 2 Eleven and the other cars carry over into 2012 when the esprit is launched? 

Moser

Moser, a very good question. Smiley

In the European market, the Elise R and the Elise SC have already stopped production. Their 2ZZ-GE engine doesn't comply with the EURO 5 emission standards. Only the facelifted Elise S with its 1.6 Liter engine is currently on sale, along with the Evora and the supercharged Evora S.

Apparently the 2-Eleven is supposed to be discontinued when the engine supply runs out. You also can't order the 2-11 with the optional SVA Kit anymore, which is mandatory if you want it to be registered for road use (also in the UK). So now, if you're still lucky to get one, then it will solely be for track use.

As for all the rest, I can only speculate. Many of the former workers at Lotus either hold new positions within the company or have quit. Almost the entire structure and management has changed. Many of these people to whom some of us had contact are now gone. They are also bound to secrecy of course and it's now extremely difficult to get some inside information. Smiley

Though I also want to add that the new team at Lotus is top notch! But surely they demand top money too Smiley

Personally I can't imagine how Lotus is supposed to keep the pot boiling when they are only offering the Evora and an entry level Elise until the release of the new models. The Evora has been praised with excellent reviews (bar the build quality) but it's simply not selling well.
    There are already rumours floating around which say that the Elan is currently on hold.

Now there's the partnership with tuner Mansory, you can see the customized Evora here :

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20198989/Is_It_Always_Wise_to_Customise/page1.html

Lotus has recently published their new "Lotus Originals" shop (http://www.lotusoriginals.com), with expensive clothing articles and luxury items. This is primarily to promote their new style/standing and future exclusivity. Needless to say, that the majority of current Lotus fans is already mowning (e.g. a keyring is 104 €).

Maybe Lotus will surprise us, and release one or two limited models based on the chassis of the Evora (the VVA platform, which is a piece of art and very versatile), or the former Exige with a different engine. Some sort of small production unit (cheap in development) to temporarily bridge the gap and bring some money into the company to finance the marketing of the real products (which will start in 2013 with the Esprit).

Time will tell... Smiley

--

Gauss:

As for all the rest, I can only speculate. Many of the former workers at Lotus either hold new positions within the company or have quit. Almost the entire structure and management has changed. Many of these people to whom some of us had contact are now gone. They are also bound to secrecy of course and it's now extremely difficult to get some inside information. Smiley

Though I also want to add that the new team at Lotus is top notch! But surely they demand top money too Smiley

I've  said it before: Lotus now seems to have an awful lot of chiefs for so few indians. Smiley

Though I really hope everything works out well for Lotus, I can't help feeling that their recent startling firework display of concept cars is really just a desperate "retreat towards the front", to translate a German phrase. 

--

fritz

thanks for the info Gauss, wow putting the new elan on hold, why on earth would they do that.....isnt that supposed to be a top seller and competitor to the 911?  I fear for lotus, and really hope they are able to get their cars right, I love the brand, and want to see it succeed

The rear of the car looks really good. The front to much like an old Honda, but the girl is distracting from the ugly front lights!

Someone mentioned Honda?

honda-cr-z.jpg

--

"Form follows function"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

587699 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 6/8/22 4:41 PM
    Topspeed
    225455 1180
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 7/2/22 8:22 PM
    JoeRockhead
    116649 1058
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 7/2/22 7:50 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    111300 408
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 1/3/22 7:55 AM
    Rossi
    91999 531
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    32032 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    515214 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    430596 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    427432 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    391246 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    374862 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 6/28/22 3:43 PM
    Grant
    359702 3664
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    291947 1587
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    139163 772
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/1/22 4:24 PM
    WhoopsyM
    138210 1411
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    112066 834
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM