Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    ...will be published in next issue on April 20th(Issue 05/2007)!
    Moment of truth is pretty soon...
    Manual, PCCB with optional LSD and Michelin Cup's...

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...will be published in next issue on April 20th(Issue 05/2007)!
    Moment of truth is pretty soon...
    Manual, PCCB with optional LSD and Michelin Cup's...



    You're a real teaser, Kreso, did someone already tell you?

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...will be published in next issue on April 20th(Issue 05/2007)!
    Moment of truth is pretty soon...
    Manual, PCCB with optional LSD and Michelin Cup's...



    You're a real teaser, Kreso, did someone already tell you?



    What? 1.11,9min and something like 7.48min?? Then, again, I might be wrong...

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...will be published in next issue on April 20th(Issue 05/2007)!
    Moment of truth is pretty soon...
    Manual, PCCB with optional LSD and Michelin Cup's...



    You're a real teaser, Kreso, did someone already tell you?



    What? 1.11,9min and something like 7.48min?? Then, again, I might be wrong...



    Kreso, so you are saying that the time with Cup tyres will be "around" 7:48? I really hope you mean 7:48-ish (as in 7:42 ), otherwise that truly presents no real improvement over the 996TTS X73.

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    we will wait

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...will be published in next issue on April 20th(Issue 05/2007)!
    Moment of truth is pretty soon...
    Manual, PCCB with optional LSD and Michelin Cup's...



    You're a real teaser, Kreso, did someone already tell you?



    What? 1.11,9min and something like 7.48min?? Then, again, I might be wrong...



    Mean, mean, mean!

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Kreso , you like to keep secrets from us.

    Lol JK

    Anyway if 7.48 and 1.11.9 then it is really worse than Turbo fans expected

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Next issue of AMS 09/2007(11.04.2007)-comparison test 997 turbo-manual vs. TIP...

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Next issue of AMS 09/2007(11.04.2007)-comparison test 997 turbo-manual vs. TIP...



    Niiice! The first one of its kind, no?

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Good
    Waiting for it

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    wow

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    In the mean time you can re-read Edmunds TIP review:

    http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=119651/pageNumber=1

    ...and about TIP been faster, here is an interesting thing:
    "Porsche's claim that the automatic is quicker might be true, but it's not entirely realistic. Here's why: You can't just put your foot to the floor and produce that 3.4-second 0-to-60 time. Here's the routine: Press the "Sport" button; engage 1st gear (the transmission defaults to 2nd); mash both pedals to the floor until the overboost indicator illuminates on the dash; release the brake; hold on.

    When the brake is released, the Turbo reveals everything Porsche has learned about accelerating quickly in 43 years of building the 911. Which is, well, a lot, but because of the unpredictability of the time it takes for the boost to build with both feet pushed to the floor, it's virtually impossible to synchronize your launch against a stoplight. Get it wrong and the kid in the big-winged Mitsubishi Evo will get the drop on you."

    Hmm...

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Get it wrong and the kid in the big-winged Mitsubishi Evo will get the drop on you."

    Hmm...



    HAHAHA

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Get it wrong and the kid in the big-winged Mitsubishi Evo will get the drop on you."

    Hmm...



    HAHAHA



    Ouch, that hurts...

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    I really hope you mean 7:48-ish (as in 7:42 ), otherwise that truly presents no real improvement over the 996TTS X73.



    I agree.

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Get it wrong and the kid in the big-winged Mitsubishi Evo will get the drop on you."

    Hmm...



    HAHAHA



    Fantastic!!!

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    andrea said:
    Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Get it wrong and the kid in the big-winged Mitsubishi Evo will get the drop on you."

    Hmm...



    HAHAHA



    Fantastic!!!



    Brilliantly funny at exactely to the point!

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    In the mean time you can re-read Edmunds TIP review:

    http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=119651/pageNumber=1

    ...and about TIP been faster, here is an interesting thing:
    "Porsche's claim that the automatic is quicker might be true, but it's not entirely realistic. Here's why: You can't just put your foot to the floor and produce that 3.4-second 0-to-60 time. Here's the routine: Press the "Sport" button; engage 1st gear (the transmission defaults to 2nd); mash both pedals to the floor until the overboost indicator illuminates on the dash; release the brake; hold on.

    When the brake is released, the Turbo reveals everything Porsche has learned about accelerating quickly in 43 years of building the 911. Which is, well, a lot, but because of the unpredictability of the time it takes for the boost to build with both feet pushed to the floor, it's virtually impossible to synchronize your launch against a stoplight. Get it wrong and the kid in the big-winged Mitsubishi Evo will get the drop on you."

    Hmm...




    Very interesting point, if it's been discussed here before I missed it. In other words the tip might be slightly faster than the stick but that's only replicated if you're on your own w/ no one next to you racing.

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Tommorrow's issue...

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Tommorrow's issue...



    Could you please scan the pages 14-21 and post them right now

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Tommorrow's issue...



    Could you please scan the pages 14-21 and post them right now



    I would write the same thing, so no need to do that .

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    hi everybody,

    i read the test. magazine was out today the 19th already.
    they say the car has a monster engine. however, tricky on high-speed tracks due to heavy braking and weight-shifting.

    it beat the f430 on hockenheim as well as nordschleife. however, this was achieved with michelin track tires.

    0-100 was stated 3,8
    0-200 12,6

    0-200-0 f430, m6 and gallardo were better. strange i find...

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Do not forget then F430F1 was equiped with Pirelli Corsa's.

    So, 997 turbo manual Hockenheim time is 1.11,9min and
    Nordschliefe is intouch1...?

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Do not forget then F430F1 was equiped with Pirelli Corsa's.

    So, 997 turbo manual Hockenheim time is 1.11,9min and
    Nordschliefe is intouch1...?



    hey kreso,

    nordschleife is 7.54 for turbo and 7.55 for f430

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Kreso !!

    I hate you !!



    You like to hide times from us and make us here crazy

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Do not forget then F430F1 was equiped with Pirelli Corsa's.

    So, 997 turbo manual Hockenheim time is 1.11,9min and
    Nordschliefe is intouch1...?



    hey kreso,

    nordschleife is 7.54 for turbo and 7.55 for f430



    legit or guess??

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    hey kreso,

    nordschleife is 7.54 for turbo and 7.55 for f430



    ... and 7.56 for the 996 Turbo with regular Michelin street tires, std. steel brakes and 420 hp! Hmm...

    Anyways, still a brilliant car. Next Supertest is supposed to feature the Corvette Z06.

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    hey kreso,

    nordschleife is 7.54 for turbo and 7.55 for f430



    ... and 7.56 for the 996 Turbo with regular Michelin street tires, std. steel brakes and 420 hp! Hmm...

    Anyways, still a brilliant car. Next Supertest is supposed to feature the Corvette Z06.



    Holy crap! 7:54 for the 997TT? That is SLOW! An X50 996TT could do that.

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Next Supertest is supposed to feature the Corvette Z06.



    Let me guess: 7:54.5 .

    Re: 997 turbo Supertest in Sport Auto...

    Damn , F430 and Gallardo 04 did beat 997TT on N'ring, i am shocked

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    620828 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 8/6/22 1:00 AM
    W8MM
    256504 1183
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 8/17/22 7:28 AM
    BjoernB
    147591 1123
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 8/16/22 4:21 PM
    Enmanuel
    142432 410
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 8/10/22 8:51 PM
    WhoopsyM
    123658 538
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    61107 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    550347 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    460122 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    456008 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    421644 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    410555 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 8/14/22 1:48 AM
    Wonderbar
    395921 3695
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    320458 1587
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/30/22 11:46 AM
    Wonderbar
    169470 1446
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    167265 772
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    140463 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    137066 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 8/17/22 3:36 PM
    Enmanuel
    127298 1771
    Porsche GT4RS 8/18/22 3:42 PM
    GnilM
    120952 1075
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    104197 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    102250 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    99847 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    88778 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 8/11/22 3:03 PM
    Enmanuel
    83136 489
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    82887 593
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    81544 722
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    79368 443
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 8/17/22 11:54 PM
    WhoopsyM
    60107 1206
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    52611 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    52346 335
    200 items found, displaying 1 to 30.