Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997?

    Hey! Entertain us waiters! Did you new owners do, say, hear, experience anything stupid, funny, or thought provoking related to driving around in public with your brand new fancy flashy fascinating cars?


    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997?

    Funny from 2k5c2scab. (as long as no one got hurt) :
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=97048&an=0&page=0#97048

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997?

    I was stopped at a red light where ahead it merges from 2 lanes down to one in my direction. There was an open lane at my left side and I could see that there was a car approaching at a pretty good speed from behind me, trying to time the light so that he could pass me with a speed advantage. When it turned green, I floored it and I could see that he was trying to pass but couldn't. It wasn't even close. I felt kind of bad afterwards (for about 10 seconds). Not a big deal of a story but it sure put a little smile on my face. DON'T MESS WITH A PORSCHE!!!

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Except of tailgating (is that the right word?) much more people than on my E430T I experienced another weird story yesterday.

    At oncoming traffic an Audi A6 driver was waiting to drive on because the car in front of him stopped to turn left. When he saw me coming with the Cab convertible down and the side window down, he activated in a hurry his windscreen washer system which was adjusted to splash on the left side.

    Good luck he was too late.

    How sick can people be??

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Seven said:
    Except of tailgating (is that the right word?) much more people than on my E430T I experienced another weird story yesterday.

    At oncoming traffic an Audi A6 driver was waiting to drive on because the car in front of him stopped to turn left. When he saw me coming with the Cab convertible down and the side window down, he activated in a hurry his windscreen washer system which was adjusted to splash on the left side.

    Good luck he was too late.

    How sick can people be??



    That's pretty lame, indeed. Envy has many shapes and forms.
    Just practice hitting the manual rear spoiler-button, and write some nasty message under the spoiler.
    Very immature and childish indeed..but fun. Hehehe..

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    No, none here. But, I kinda like it that way

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Seven said:
    At oncoming traffic an Audi A6 driver was waiting to drive on because the car in front of him stopped to turn left. When he saw me coming with the Cab convertible down and the side window down, he activated in a hurry his windscreen washer system which was adjusted to splash on the left side.

    Good luck he was too late.

    How sick can people be??



    Is it ok in Switzerland to take out a golf club and whack him on the head? I keep at least a 7 iron in my 997S for this reason.

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    ^^^You're name's not "Bryan" is it??


    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    igzaklee said:
    ^^^You're name's not "Bryan" is it??





    No, I think my name is Alan.

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Seven said:
    Except of tailgating (is that the right word?) much more people than on my E430T I experienced another weird story yesterday.

    At oncoming traffic an Audi A6 driver was waiting to drive on because the car in front of him stopped to turn left. When he saw me coming with the Cab convertible down and the side window down, he activated in a hurry his windscreen washer system which was adjusted to splash on the left side.

    Good luck he was too late.

    How sick can people be??



    Stupid [censored]!

    Sometimes it's hard to believe...

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    nice stories !!!!!:)

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Seven said:
    Just practice hitting the manual rear spoiler-button, and write some nasty message under the spoiler.
    Very immature and childish indeed..but fun. Hehehe..



    Haha Childish it is, maybe... Any suggestions on what to say? I think its worth a try... hehehe

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    well... i got my 1st speeding ticket in the car today. [censored] cop was shooting radar and my decetor picked it up very early. I wasnt even speeding anyway (as i know this street and the frequency of cops hanging out there all the time). Anyway passed him going 30 (which is probably 28 -- as the speeedos are always high) and the [censored] pulls me over anyway. He said I was going 47 (in a 30). When he comes back with a ticket, I see he writes he visually estimates me going 48 (but writes the ticket @ 47)? Guy clearly was a jealous [censored]!!! I'm gonna have fun with him in court (but a complete waste of my time!!!)

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    the windshield washer thing happens all the time to me

    i was at the carwash (hand wash, dont have a heart attack), and some guy just had his brand new SL55AMG detailed, mars red, beautiful, we went on the road together, he was in front.

    some [censored] in a jeep repeatedly uses his windshield washers and gets the SL pretty good multiple times.

    people suck.

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    the windshield washer thing happens all the time to me

    i was at the carwash (hand wash, dont have a heart attack), and some guy just had his brand new SL55AMG detailed, mars red, beautiful, we went on the road together, he was in front.

    some [censored] in a jeep repeatedly uses his windshield washers and gets the SL pretty good multiple times.

    people suck.



    Speed up in front of the loser and wash your windshield!

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    some [censored] in a jeep repeatedly uses his windshield washers and gets the SL pretty good multiple times.

    people suck.



    Man that sucks!!. What do people do on the freeway if you come up behind them? Do they pull over to let you past, or is there a proportion who you know see you, and deliberately travel at the same speed as the car in the next lane so you're blocked in?

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Leong said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    some [censored] in a jeep repeatedly uses his windshield washers and gets the SL pretty good multiple times.

    people suck.



    Man that sucks!!. What do people do on the freeway if you come up behind them? Do they pull over to let you past, or is there a proportion who you know see you, and deliberately travel at the same speed as the car in the next lane so you're blocked in?



    Ok, I'll take this one... Most people (95%) who drive on the US freeways are completely ignorant of anything around them, let alone know basic driving etiquette like "slow traffic move to the right". I'll tip my hat to European drivers here. When I was in the Netherlands (3-4 years ago), I was pretty happy about how the drivers there have no problem moving out of your way. Same with the UK. Maybe it's different now.

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    When I was in the Netherlands (3-4 years ago), I was pretty happy about how the drivers there have no problem moving out of your way.



    Wow, some things must have improved over the past 20 years.

    Formerly, I began to think that while driving on German autobahnen that "NL" on the back of a combi meant "No Look".

    They were capable of jumping directly into my lane while I was overtaking them at +100 kph or more. Drivers displaying the "NL" medallion were really scary compared to the well mannered other drivers from across Europe one encountered at the time.

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Leong said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    some [censored] in a jeep repeatedly uses his windshield washers and gets the SL pretty good multiple times.

    people suck.



    Man that sucks!!. What do people do on the freeway if you come up behind them? Do they pull over to let you past, or is there a proportion who you know see you, and deliberately travel at the same speed as the car in the next lane so you're blocked in?



    Ok, I'll take this one... Most people (95%) who drive on the US freeways are completely ignorant of anything around them, let alone know basic driving etiquette like "slow traffic move to the right". I'll tip my hat to European drivers here. When I was in the Netherlands (3-4 years ago), I was pretty happy about how the drivers there have no problem moving out of your way. Same with the UK. Maybe it's different now.



    Though seemingly once-a-decade LA drivers' road rage seems to boil over into a series of fwy shootings (like now)....but I'd bet those guys cluelessly hogging the left lane are just as oblivious to how annoying, inconsiderate and unsafe is their driving practice....even post-shootings...

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    the windshield washer thing happens all the time to me

    i was at the carwash (hand wash, dont have a heart attack), and some guy just had his brand new SL55AMG detailed, mars red, beautiful, we went on the road together, he was in front.

    some [censored] in a jeep repeatedly uses his windshield washers and gets the SL pretty good multiple times.

    people suck.



    Windshield wiper stuff sucks, but is fairly minor....idiots who would do that kind of stuff openly are prob also likely to key/purposefully ding high-profile cars in a pkg lot/garage....

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Windshield wiper stuff sucks, but is fairly minor....idiots who would do that kind of stuff openly are prob also likely to key/purposefully ding high-profile cars in a pkg lot/garage....



    Yep. Probably the same kind of people. This just reminded me of a story about 15 years ago. My wife at night was sitting in my car in a parking lot outside of a restaurant in San Jose, California, waiting for me as I was still in the restaurant. Some guy pulls up to the right side of the car to park. As he is getting out, he stands with his back to the passenger side of my car (where my wife was sitting) and reaches back with his keys and proceeds to vigorously scratch my car door. He didn't realize my wife was sitting in the car! He must have been around 60 years old. So my wife comes out and confronts the guy and at this time I'm coming out to join her. Needless to say, San Jose Police was called in to take control. It wasn't even a nice car to begin with. Well, happy ending there!

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    I heard this one on another board.

    A guy got a cup of coffee, was getting into his car with it and other stuff, put the coffee on the roof of his new 996. Stowed all his gear, got in the car, started it and opened the sunroof and the forgotten cup of hot coffee interacted with the force of gravity.

    Awful thing to happen to the poor guy and his new car!!!

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    W8MM said:
    Formerly, I began to think that while driving on German autobahnen that "NL" on the back of a combi meant "No Look".

    They were capable of jumping directly into my lane while I was overtaking them at +100 kph or more. Drivers displaying the "NL" medallion were really scary compared to the well mannered other drivers from across Europe one encountered at the time.



    This is still the case for many drivers from countries with low speedlimits and/or very few high-speed cars.
    There is an amazing difference between driving in Denmark and Germany, although neighbouring countries.
    On the freeway, the average danish driver will pull out from the right lane as you approach him in the left lane from behind.
    He cannot see and/or doesnt care that you might be travelling at 170 kmh instead of his 110kmh. (Max speedlimits on some freeways in DK is 130 km/h. All other freeways 110 km/h).
    Naturally this is the source of both irritation and accidents.
    Pulling out from the right lane and going waaaay too slow for the cars in the left lane is one of the most common reasons for accidents on the freeways.

    German drivers are generally different.They are used to free speed and more importantly; they spend more time checking the rear view mirror than the road ahead. And they know that there are some seriously fast cars on the freeway, and respect that some people wanna travel faster than they do themselves.

    Re: Any funny, stupid or inspiring stories with your new 997

    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    ... and respect that some people wanna travel faster than they do themselves.



    Oh that drivers everywhere would be as courteous and cooperative

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    606677 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    372018 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 6/8/21 7:15 PM
    JR-550
    89296 1087
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 5/12/21 3:30 PM
    WhoopsyM
    46983 344
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    36263 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    34141 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 6/12/21 9:43 PM
    watt
    18600 384
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    5151 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    575090 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    430163 3586
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/25/21 4:04 PM
    Topspeed
    368162 3916
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 5/27/21 6:14 PM
    Topspeed
    368091 3495
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    329706 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    311515 2646
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    239602 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    231907 1542
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    162565 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138898 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 6/14/21 6:37 PM
    Grant
    133734 2535
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    110935 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    77821 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 5/19/21 5:19 PM
    Leawood911
    75499 1167
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    66074 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/21 3:21 PM
    CGX car nut
    65196 683
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    61076 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    45587 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 6/9/21 6:51 AM
    Jean
    37628 479
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    34688 615
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 5/30/21 9:51 PM
    waiting for PDK
    33838 522
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    29329 385
    271 items found, displaying 1 to 30.