Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

does anyone know where i can find the CGT video

with rohrl drifting it around corners someplace with grass in the middle? it is in german i believe and has brief footage at some car show where some guy is sitting in the car and some blonde girl is being briefly interviewed.

tia

Re: does anyone know where i can find the CGT video

I have a video from Turbo.fr with some footage from that video, I believe. Very nicely made video and there is as similar review for the Enzo with onboard cameras.

Will find a way to forward it to you once I have access to my PC in Irvine.

- J

Quote:
    Justin said:
    I have a video from Turbo.fr with some footage from that video, I believe. Very nicely made video and there is as similar review for the Enzo with onboard cameras.

Will find a way to forward it to you once I have access to my PC in Irvine.

- J

i found it and now have it hosted:

http://videos.eserver.com/Carrera_GT.avi

Thanks, ben. I had not seen this video before.

From the camera angle, it appears Herr Rohrl, when seated, is taller than the headrest.

Thanks Ben for sharing

Thanks Ben. Downloading as I type this message

same here, thanks!

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Thanks, ben. I had not seen this video before.

From the camera angle, it appears Herr Rohrl, when seated, is taller than the headrest.

Röhrl is 1,95 m, should be about 6'5 foot!

I would've sent it to you but as I see you have got it...I have more then a gig of Carrera GT videos so if you ever need a video let me know

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I would've sent it to you but as I see you have got it...I have more then a gig of Carrera GT videos so if you ever need a video let me know

thanks

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Röhrl is 1,95 m, should be about 6'5 foot!

Danke!

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    with rohrl drifting it around corners someplace with grass in the middle? it is in german i believe and has brief footage at some car show where some guy is sitting in the car and some blonde girl is being briefly interviewed.

tia

Ben, did you undestand anything?

The place is in fact Groß-Dölln, being a military airport used by the Russian army close to Berlin.

The CGT presentation was held there, several other TV shows reported from there. Röhrl gave rides to several journalist putting the car through the corners in oversteer.

The guy who was interviewed sitting in the CGT as a potential customer at the IAA '03 was just mentioning the CGT's specialty in terms of engineering and dynamics.

Röhrl more or less said that the car could be driven like any 50p VW Golf once you got it rolling, as long as you have enough sensibility in your right foot...

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

tia

Ben, did you undestand anything?

The place is in fact Groß-Dölln, being a military airport used by the Russian army close to Berlin.

The CGT presentation was held there, several other TV shows reported from there. Röhrl gave rides to several journalist putting the car through the corners in oversteer.

The guy who was interviewed sitting in the CGT as a potential customer at the IAA '03 was just mentioning the CGT's specialty in terms of engineering and dynamics.

Röhrl more or less said that the car could be driven like any 50p VW Golf once you got it rolling, as long as you have enough sensibility in your right foot...

thanks. i watched that video a couple dozen times before my car came, but no i didn't ever understand a word :-)

I think it's interesting that their main aim (according to Röhrl) was to make the car gentle and forgiving at the limit.
    He says that most race cars are incredibly fast but hard to control when you reach their limit and that this setup would have been unacceptable for "secular" drivers.
    Somehow this seems to contradict reports I have seen about the drivability of the GT.

RG Tim

Quote:
    Tim said:
    I think it's interesting that their main aim (according to Röhrl) was to make the car gentle and forgiving at the limit.
    He says that most race cars are incredibly fast but hard to control when you reach their limit and that this setup would have been unacceptable for "secular" drivers.
    Somehow this seems to contradict reports I have seen about the drivability of the GT.

RG Tim

nothing gentle and forgiving at the limit! if this is, i wouldn't be remotely ready for something that isn't!

Quote:
    Ferdie said:

I believe that is where seinfeld got to have his first drive and wrote a report about it for one of the car mags.

tom

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Tim said:

RG Tim

nothing gentle and forgiving at the limit! if this is, i wouldn't be remotely ready for something that isn't!

Well, that's what he's talking about during the TV show. Probably Promo-Speak to attract potential customers.

BTW I absolutely love the first seconds of the video when they turn the keys and the engine comes to life. The sound is incredible. You must have goose bumbs every time you drive the car.

RG Tim

Quote:
    ben, lj said:

Then don't ever drive a Lotus Turbo Esprit on a track. It'll scare the whiz out of you when it lets go

BTW, I've been driving the CGT and X50 TT cab back-to-back the last couple of days. Even though the CGT makes the 996TT seem soft and weak, the AWD really does put down the power early in a corner with tremendous confidence. The CGT would be sideways when the 996 is merely twitching all four grabbing for traction in a really liquid motion. Just my observation.

just to show you guys I'm not bluffing...

HEY! I see my "CGT_slide" in there lol.

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

Wow, I guess you're not bluffing.

I only have 321 MB of CGT videos.

Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:

Could you provide me a link? I guess I just missed on that one!

I have not enough personal experience with race cars but what Röhrl said definately makes sense. They were trying to remain the racecars' character yet making it driveable for a bigger amount of people. Race cars te d to be pretty calm up to the limit and brake lose pretty fast and, most importantly, without a warning!

On the other hand I remember K. Ludwig reporting about the development of the CLK-GTR for street use and the even smaller limit of the street- compared to the racetires!

Does someone have Seinfeld's report on the computer?

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:

Could you provide me a link? I guess I just missed on that one!

http://videos.eserver.com/cgtslide.wmv

Quote:
    W8MM said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

lol I'd rather have 321MB of CGT videos and be able to make infinite amount of CGT videos then have a gig of videos and no real Carrera GT

lol in another words you own the car!! Now go out and make some videos so you can make my collection even larger

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Quote:
    W8MM said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

lol I'd rather have 321MB of CGT videos and be able to make infinite amount of CGT videos then have a gig of videos and no real Carrera GT

lol in another words you own the car!! Now go out and make some videos so you can make my collection even larger

btw, i didn't see these two on your harddrive:

http://videos.eserver.com/cgt1.mpg

and:

http://videos.eserver.com/cgt2.mpg

you seem to have quite a few i don't, but i don't know how to get em from you.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Quote:
    W8MM said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

and:

is that the video of the Carrera GT eating up Ferraris? if so its on my desktop not in my folder do you have a ftp or something? I guess I can share some

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Quote:
    W8MM said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

and:

is that the video of the Carrera GT eating up Ferraris? if so its on my desktop not in my folder do you have a ftp or something? I guess I can share some

yes, that's what those are.

wish i did a way for you to ftp them to me. do you have anyway for me to ftp from you?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/19/24 6:03 PM
    watt
    562472 1759
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    372346 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    251256 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 1/2/24 11:19 PM
    Grant
    206111 290
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    37351 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 2/19/24 9:07 AM
    RCA
    1987 25
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

837590 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    717101 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM