Crown

Forum - Thread

GTS Candid pics

Hey, Guys.

Heres what i found on another forum.

Looks good, i think.

BTW, wasnt someone from Rennteam (John?) going to visit a GTS Event today (or this week?)
    some additional candid pics would be great!

enjoy:

12882864797275097221657_0c376a3f20_b.jpg5097223987_3b707dab63_b.jpg5097260001_e2343e19cc_b.jpg5106262700_aae9dc6281_b.jpg

Re: GTS Candid pics

Great shots, it is perfect in white! Instant classic 911.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

pure 911

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

nick1:

BTW, wasn't someone from Rennteam (John?) going to visit a GTS Event today (or this week?)
    some additional candid pics would be great!

Hi Nick - Yes you're right, I went last night.. (report of the event on separate "Porsche Racing Legends" thread)

As far as the GTS is concerned I must admit to being disappointed that the featured car was in Guards Red and not Carrara White.Smiley

Red does nothing for me these days and the GTS looked somewhat ordinary in that colour.  It's also fair to say that it was probably 'put in the shade' a bit by the multi-million pounds worth of machinery displayed around it!

It looks okay, but I was honestly expecting more.  I think (hope) it will be a whole new ball-game when it arrives in white..Smiley

The interior is superb, paddles on sport-design steering wheel and all.  It was in leather (no alcantara) and felt just perfect...so glad I ordered mine that way.  It also had sport-bucket seats which again I'm glad I didn't order.  I found them very hard to sit on and the shape made getting out of the car a real chore (maybe I'm showing my age again!)

They showed me my official order sheet on the factory computer with order number and comm number.. so everything's in place for an early delivery.

Red GTS 1.jpg

Red GTS 6.jpg

Red GTS 5.jpg

Red GTS 3.jpg

1288296371295Red GTS 2.jpg

Red GTS 4.jpg

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John, thanks a lot for the pictures!

You are right, red is not the most fitting color for the GTS.

one thing i havent got verified yet is the color of the central locks: with the GTS they seem to be grey, but on the GT2RS they are black.

Which would you preffer?

Also very interested in a more detailed report!

I like GT2 buckets a lot

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:

I like GT2 buckets a lot

You must have a very soft backside for a long journey...Smiley

--

nick1:

Nick - what more detail do you want.  I couldn't drive the car... I couldn't even start it up.  There's a limit to what I can tell you when it's just sitting there!

Except I didn't like it in red, but sitting in it felt very good apart from the bucket seats....Smiley

--

John H:
    nick1:

Nick - what more detail do you want.  I couldn't drive the car... I couldn't even start it up.  There's a limit to what I can tell you when it's just sitting there!

Except I didn't like it in red, but sitting in it felt very good apart from the bucket seats....Smiley

Oh, i See. Thought you were able to drive it! Thx for the pics

The white GTS looks stunning!

--

nice event pics

bucket seats are out of place in the gts.

they are damn comfortable nevertheless....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

Why? Think they suit the car well. DSmiley

intouch1:

they are damn comfortable nevertheless....

I think they fit perfectly.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Maybe for you youngsters - but I couldn't get out of the bloody thing...

--

John H:

Oh come on John, age is just a number Smiley

If I recall correctly, Porsche-Jeck has similar seats in his 997.1 GT3. I sat in the front passenger seat a few times during visits to the Nordschleife. Once seated in the seat, it was perfectly comfortable. It holds your body firmly in place on the track - and on a track, I would really want seats like that - but personally I didn't find it easy to get into or to get out of so, for use on a daily driver, it just wasn't 'effortless' for me. Basically, if you are a little overweight (like me ), then it's less than easy.

Also, if you fit a safety harness, then that's one more thing to handle when getting in or out. If you get in the seat and inadvertently sit on any of the belts or the buckle of the safety harness, it can be a little awkward trying to lift your body up enough to get the belt or buckle out from under your body. Slim or petite people won't find this an issue. Larger sized people will find it cumbersome until they get used to it.

If I were ordering a GT3, I would feel like choosing these seats but my head would advise me against it. Still, that's just me. Everyone's size, fitness and preferences are different

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Enmanuel:
    John H:

Enmanuel - in my head I'm still 21 (like you) Smiley

But as the number increases the body tends to contradict the head...Smiley

I do, however, subscribe to the contention that... 'There's nothing you can do about getting older, but there's much you can do about getting old'.. Smiley

Easy - beautifully summed up... as always..Smiley

--

John H:
    Enmanuel:
    John H:

I do, however, subscribe to the contention that... 'There's nothing you can do about getting older, but there's much you can do about getting old'.. Smiley

Smiley  

Great shots Gents!

Stupid question here:

A while back (3 or 4 years) I was told by a dealer (I know, I know) that the 997.1 GT3 RS had the wide body rear end.

Recently watch a video here where a Porsche official pointed out that the GTS was the only RWD 911 with the wide body.

I know this is considered meaningless to some on here; but who is right??

IMO the way you reconcile both statements is by saying that the GTS is the only RWD non-GT 997 with a wide body.

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Or the only RWD Carrera model with wide body.

So many variations that even Porsche officials get confused!

--

"Form follows function"

The price for the GTS Cab here, is exactly the same I payed for my car 14 months ago, and I don´t have wide body and 408hp to play with Smiley.

Hope they can make a 991GTS slightly after the launch, but I guess we wont see it soon.

J.Seven

John H:

Hi John, don't worry - as long as you feel young at heart your body will follow your mind (not the other way round...) Smiley Even my 77 y/o father made it and he rejected any help (what will the Ladies think ? That I'm an old man ? Smiley)
    Unless you suffer a serious back condition, it only needs a bit exercise to make yourself familiar with getting into (and more so) out of the bucket seats. The heavenly ergonomy once you sit in the car compensates for the little extra effort. It's like Easy described it: - yes, not effortless (compared to the standard / sport seats) but very rewarding when you switch to "fun mode" when driving Smiley And you don't need to track the car to enjoy the reward - any winding country road will do the same. If I'd (ab-) use my Porsche primarily as a city car going to the bakery....(God forbid) I wouldn't get the bucket seats though.....but in this case I wouldn't get a Porsche in the first place Smiley

I'm sure you will love the GTS, John -  every little bit of it, including the seats Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Porsche-Jeck:
    The heavenly ergonomy once you sit in the car compensates for the little extra effort.

And you don't need to track the car to enjoy the reward - any winding country road will do the same. 

Exactly Smiley Once seated in the seat, it's a great feeling Smiley

And yes, I forgot to mention that the benefits are gained in spirited driving on twisty roads as well - and not just on the track Smiley

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I sat in a GT2RS recently with these seats and have to admit they are terriffic. But for daily driving (geting in/out very often, sometimes with a suit and so on) they are too hardcore for me. And there is no possibility of heated seats, which is sometimes pretty usefull. so i went with the adaptive seats that offer a very good compormise between sport and comfort.

Good all-round choice: heated adaptive sports seats  I have them too

--

RT Moderator 

Porsche-Jeck:

Unless you suffer a serious back condition, it only needs a bit exercise to make yourself familiar with getting into (and more so) out of the bucket seats.

I'm sure you will love the GTS, John -  every little bit of it, including the seats. Smiley

Hi Achim - thanks for that.  I have a left knee injury, resulting from a motorcycle accident when I was 17, which is one of the reasons I've chosen PDK over manual.  The knee is also my main problem when trying to extricate myself from bucket seats. Smiley

Like Nick, I've gone for the heated adaptive sports seats I'm familiar with... and yes, I think I'm going to love this car....Smiley

--

easy_rider911:

Good all-round choice: heated adaptive sports seats  I have them too

+1, bucket seats or not this car will be fantastic Smiley

Im tired of waiting already....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

681289 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/9/22 4:08 PM
    watt
    315080 1186
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 11/27/22 12:22 PM
    DJM48
    212113 1251
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 11/9/22 4:37 PM
    Joost
    197802 434
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    181217 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/22/22 8:19 PM
    GaussM
    123290 9
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/25/22 8:11 AM
    M3ike
    52438 67
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    516099 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    471541 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 11/27/22 2:46 AM
    WhoopsyM
    467307 3785
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    225220 774
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/30/22 11:46 AM
    Wonderbar
    223435 1446
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    194949 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    190960 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/27/22 2:59 PM
    Leawood911
    185728 1863
    Porsche GT4RS 11/24/22 3:09 AM
    GnilM
    184925 1193
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    158733 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    155534 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    151809 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    138226 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 10/6/22 11:48 PM
    DJM48
    135307 501
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    133490 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    132730 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    131351 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 11/23/22 5:52 PM
    Enmanuel
    122095 1553
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    102303 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    101594 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    99144 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    74263 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    31450 438
    176 items found, displaying 1 to 30.