Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    Thanks guys. I see that the message is "stop being a wus" and just drive the thing.

    But the question I was asking was how often does vandalism occur these days? I have been getting the impression that there is a growing resentment with respect to these high end cars and some people feel the need to damage them. Has anyone experienced this problem? I am not trying to suggest that there is a problem, I'm just asking for data. If the response is, "no, it's not an issue with me or anyone I know", then great, I'll stop worrying.

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    Quote:
    AJK said:
    Thanks guys. I see that the message is "stop being a wus" and just drive the thing.

    But the question I was asking was how often does vandalism occur these days? I have been getting the impression that there is a growing resentment with respect to these high end cars and some people feel the need to damage them. Has anyone experienced this problem? I am not trying to suggest that there is a problem, I'm just asking for data. If the response is, "no, it's not an issue with me or anyone I know", then great, I'll stop worrying.



    People are generally mean in the Washington, DC metro area (road rage with guns...I know someone, who had the back window shot out during a morning commute), but no one has ever damaged my car. Of course, I'm not afraid to walk from the far end of the parking lot; walking is good for you. To live in fear is not to live at all, right?

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    I'm in upstate N.Y. Problems are virtually non-existant. Westchester County and south into Long Island and NYC may be another story. Best to check with others around you.

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    I believe that crimes of that nature are actually on a downward trend.

    I always say, "If you don't like me or what I represent or something I've done, then bring your problem to me, not my stuff. Even if you manage to tear me up a bit (good luck), I'll heal. But leave my stuff alone, it's innocent...."

    Vandalism is a carnival of cowardice

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    You're thinking too much.
    Do you like the 997 Carrera S or not? Do you want to own one and enjoy the fun every single day or not? Do you want something more powerful like the GT3 or Turbo? Don't think too much about reliability (every car can brake down, you could always get a lemon, even after three years of production), about cops or whatever. Just drive it. If the "fever" didn't catch you yet, WAIT and be on the lookout for the 997 GT3/C4S or even the Turbo.
    The 911 won't be sold out, if you're not sure, wait. Or as somebody suggested, get a car from the dealer's showroom and end your "pain".

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    Quote:
    RC said:
    You're thinking too much.
    Do you like the 997 Carrera S or not? Do you want to own one and enjoy the fun every single day or not? Do you want something more powerful like the GT3 or Turbo? Don't think too much about reliability (every car can brake down, you could always get a lemon, even after three years of production), about cops or whatever. Just drive it. If the "fever" didn't catch you yet, WAIT and be on the lookout for the 997 GT3/C4S or even the Turbo.
    The 911 won't be sold out, if you're not sure, wait. Or as somebody suggested, get a car from the dealer's showroom and end your "pain".



    yes, good summary. Thanks. How did you get so smart RC?

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    The cure for losing interest is hearing your dealer tell you the build date for your car. I just found out my build date is 3/14, so I should have the car by late April or early May! Here is how it is optioned:

    GT Silver Metalic
    Sea Blue
    Heated Front Seats
    Adaptive Sport Seats
    Bose High End Sound Package
    Self Dimming Mirrors
    Sport Chrono Package
    Navigation for PCM
    Sport Shifter
    19" Sport Design Wheel
    Wheel Caps w/Colored P. Crest
    Rear Console Leather
    Instrument Surround in leather
    Thicker Steering Wheel-leather
    Metal Door Sill Model Isginia

    I remain stoked!

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    Quote:
    bgarrett said:
    The cure for losing interest is hearing your dealer tell you the build date for your car. I just found out my build date is 3/14, so I should have the car by late April or early May! Here is how it is optioned:

    GT Silver Metalic
    Sea Blue
    Heated Front Seats
    Adaptive Sport Seats
    Bose High End Sound Package
    Self Dimming Mirrors
    Sport Chrono Package
    Navigation for PCM
    Sport Shifter
    19" Sport Design Wheel
    Wheel Caps w/Colored P. Crest
    Rear Console Leather
    Instrument Surround in leather
    Thicker Steering Wheel-leather
    Metal Door Sill Model Isginia

    I remain stoked!



    Hey Bgarrett:

    I have the same combo. You'll love the GT silver/Sea blue interior with the leather rear console...

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    alin2,

    Can you confirm whether the dashboard picture on page 71 of the 997 sales brochure is Sea Blue?

    Thanks

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    alin2,

    Sorry, make that page 75, the one that folds out.

    Thanks.

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    Quote:
    bgarrett said:
    alin2,

    Sorry, make that page 75, the one that folds out.

    Thanks.



    You've got PM

    Re: I May Be Losing Interest in 997/S.

    where i am (lebanon), a 997S with basic options would easily cross the $130k mark!! so, losing interest like MMD is quite common among the fans over here (price is almost always a significant factor).
    On the other hand, when you are paying so much, it is pointless saving on your favorite options and would be a dreadful mistake not to go for the S. Price difference becomes relatively negligible.
    Being a loyal and dedicated addict, like most of you out there, I am still hanging on for my time. While MMD is struggling for a decision, some of us wish we had the opportunity to drive a 997S out of a dealership for 80k only! think about that.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    618891 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    384508 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 6/8/21 7:15 PM
    JR-550
    89552 1087
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 5/12/21 3:30 PM
    WhoopsyM
    47175 344
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    36308 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    34200 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 6/19/21 2:48 AM
    watt
    18843 391
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    5177 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    576013 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    435055 3586
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/25/21 4:04 PM
    Topspeed
    370028 3916
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 5/27/21 6:14 PM
    Topspeed
    369757 3495
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    331593 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    311608 2646
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    250181 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    234515 1542
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    162708 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138939 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 6/20/21 2:43 AM
    Targa Tim
    136821 2622
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    111701 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    77849 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 5/19/21 5:19 PM
    Leawood911
    76225 1167
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    66183 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/21 3:21 PM
    CGX car nut
    65314 683
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    61826 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    45926 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 6/9/21 6:51 AM
    Jean
    37768 479
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    34715 615
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 5/30/21 9:51 PM
    waiting for PDK
    34001 522
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    29376 385
    272 items found, displaying 1 to 30.