Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

What Car to Get?

Fellow rennteamers I am having some difficulty in making my next car choice. I presently own a RR Sport, and am about to recieve the new CL500 in a month. I have just sold my F430 spider and am looking for a car to replace it. I have a 599 on order which should arrive in about 15months hence the car should last me until the 599 arrives.

The best thing I came up with is the turbo but I would appreciate the input of other rennteamers.

Kind Regards

LB

Re: What Car to Get?

How about a Carrera GT?

Would it have made more sense to hold on to the F430 until the 599 arrived?

the carrera gt is beyond my reach financially.... as for the f430 i enjoyed it...just spent summer with it and sold it a gentleman who has a cgt for a slight profit

Got a new '07 SL65 last wkend, and prelim impressions re: straight-line/twisties perf&feel/quality of materials and advanced ABC/steering/brake technologies (vs '06 55/65) are: 65 is a simply epic car, showcasing some of world's best engineering...brilliant motor, tranny, steering/chassis/brakes, safety, GT features, looks....and many subtle advances, e.g., nanotech-based paint that's more resistant to swirls/microabrasions and IMO world's most elegant and functional key fob....

Getting 997TT Tip next wk; doubt I'll keep it more than a few wks, as IMO 65 is prob a much more balanced, yet more emotive daily/wkend car than 997TT (esp vs 997TT's feeble exhaust note; lack of paddle shifters; and apparent turbo lag/more modest tq....and 997TT's lack of usable fuel tank cap/trunk/Bluetooth/Sirius/iPod/convertible/ventil seats, etc etc).....and will have 599 in Fall as the lighter-wt twisties missle, w/F's fastest series tranny.....

Only problem w/getting SL65 now is CL550 will feel relatively lethargic....just need to skip CL550 and get CL65 in Spr07

Gallardo spyder or a Murci Spyder. Try a Z06 and have some fun at a very reasonble cost.

BTW, a 2004 CGT with 1400 is selling for about $325,000. Also, a 2005 CGT WITH 900 miles has an asking price of $369,000. I sure these prices are negotiable.

The only problem with the Turbo is all Porsche's have a very steep depreciation.

I presently reside in Spain where the CGT retails second hand at 400k euros...however i might take a look at the lp640....

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Gallardo spyder or a Murci Spyder. Try a Z06 and have some fun at a very reasonble cost.

BTW, a 2004 CGT with 1400 is selling for about $325,000. Also, a 2005 CGT WITH 900 miles has an asking price of $369,000. I sure these prices are negotiable.

The only problem with the Turbo is all Porsche's have a very steep depreciation.

He'll be waiting for a Z06 almost as long as the 599 regardless of price

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Got a new '07 SL65 last wkend, and prelim impressions re: straight-line/twisties perf&feel/quality of materials and advanced ABC/steering/brake technologies (vs '06 55/65) are: 65 is a simply epic car, showcasing some of world's best engineering...brilliant motor, tranny, steering/chassis/brakes, safety, GT features, looks....and many subtle advances, e.g., nanotech-based paint that's more resistant to swirls/microabrasions and IMO world's most elegant and functional key fob....

Getting 997TT Tip next wk; doubt I'll keep it more than a few wks, as IMO 65 is prob a much more balanced, yet more emotive daily/wkend car than 997TT (esp vs 997TT's feeble exhaust note; lack of paddle shifters; and apparent turbo lag/more modest tq....and 997TT's lack of usable fuel tank cap/trunk/Bluetooth/Sirius/iPod/convertible/ventil seats, etc etc).....and will have 599 in Fall as the lighter-wt twisties missle, w/F's fastest series tranny.....

Only problem w/getting SL65 now is CL550 will feel relatively lethargic....just need to skip CL550 and get CL65 in Spr07

Don't get the SL65!! You will loose a lot of money on depreciation on these cars. Don't get me wrong I love my SL65, but the sad fact of the matter is their values drop like rocks, because there is too much supply and too little demand.

The new 997TT sounds like a good idea

I'd get a GT3 or GT3 RS.

Quote:
    LB said:
    Fellow rennteamers I am having some difficulty in making my next car choice. I presently own a RR Sport, and am about to recieve the new CL500 in a month. I have just sold my F430 spider and am looking for a car to replace it. I have a 599 on order which should arrive in about 15months hence the car should last me until the 599 arrives.

The best thing I came up with is the turbo but I would appreciate the input of other rennteamers.

Kind Regards

LB

Are you serious!!!!! you sold your F430 for a 599?!!!! You've got to be kidding... Right????

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:

Don't get the SL65!! You will loose a lot of money on depreciation on these cars. Don't get me wrong I love my SL65, but the sad fact of the matter is their values drop like rocks, because there is too much supply and too little demand.

Already got it, Mike ...w/a cheap, $0 down 2-yr lease, so my deprec cost is fixed and rather reasonable....

Mike, you should definitely drive '07 65 vs yours....remarkable improvements to ABC, trac, brake pedal feel and steering precision vs '06 I test-drove few mths ago

Had brief drive in colleague's new 997TT Tip today....very apparent turbo lag in 60-120MPH accel (feels slow vs 65 in this important urban fwy accel band); perhaps world's best steering precision/brake pedal feel/trac; and much improved cross-wind stability vs 996TTS...now comparable to SL's high-speed cross-wind stability....997TT Tip, if nothing else, will be the ultimate SF winter rainy-day AWD commuter missle....

Besides, as much as deprec is an amusing calc, 997TT and 65's deprec aren't all that different in US....as MB offers reasonable short-term leases and MB doesn't do P's silly every few mths addition of key options like PSE, PK and PDK to periodically crush resale values of early 997TTs lacking those key features....and given new 599/430 are essentially free in US, overall cost of ownership of 2-3 new toys/yr isn't as egregious as many would guess...and certainly much cheaper than it is in ROW

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:

Already got it, Mike ...w/a cheap, $0 down 2-yr lease, so my deprec cost is fixed and rather reasonable....

Mike, you should definitely drive '07 65 vs yours....remarkable improvements to ABC, trac, brake pedal feel and steering precision vs '06 I test-drove few mths ago

Had brief drive in colleague's new 997TT Tip today....very apparent turbo lag in 60-120MPH accel (feels slow vs 65 in this important urban fwy accel band); perhaps world's best steering precision/brake pedal feel/trac; and much improved cross-wind stability vs 996TTS...now comparable to SL's high-speed cross-wind stability....997TT Tip, if nothing else, will be the ultimate SF winter rainy-day AWD commuter missle....

Besides, as much as deprec is an amusing calc, 997TT and 65's deprec aren't all that different in US....as MB offers reasonable short-term leases and MB doesn't do P's silly every few mths addition of key options like PSE, PK and PDK to periodically crush resale values of early 997TTs lacking those key features....and given new 599/430 are essentially free in US, overall cost of ownership of 2-3 new toys/yr isn't as egregious as many would guess...and certainly much cheaper than it is in ROW

Was was indicating to LB that he shouldn't get a SL65 You are lucky you guys have such things as "leasing" a car, we don't either you finance/cash purchase the car. The $320,000 USD price for the SL65 doesn't help much either. I got a trade-in value for the car last week and I can get $270,000 for it now, it's exactly 1 year old now with 5k miles...

Murcielago Roadstar or Gallardo SE maybe for fun Ford GT?

Quote:
    VGA18 said:

I see your Gallardo has the Hamman Exhaust, do you have any clips of it? I'm rather curious as to what it sounds like.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:

I see your Gallardo has the Hamman Exhaust, do you have any clips of it? I'm rather curious as to what it sounds like.

Video of the Hamann Gallardo: Video

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:

Hi Mike this is Hsa8 from lambo-power.
    Ok i ve posted it in Audi R8 thread and also in L-P
    Only i have the video is this, which i s recorded after the installation. I ll make a flyby and acceleration video soon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-n1m7Bm9U

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    LB said:

Kind Regards

LB

Are you serious!!!!! you sold your F430 for a 599?!!!! You've got to be kidding... Right????

HA i believe its the better choice.....IMO 599 is going to be the best ferrari ever made

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:

Hi Mike this is Hsa8 from lambo-power.
    Ok i ve posted it in Audi R8 thread and also in L-P
    Only i have the video is this, which i s recorded after the installation. I ll make a flyby and acceleration video soon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-n1m7Bm9U

nice Backfire!!!

Quote:
    LB said:
    HA i believe its the better choice.....IMO 599 is going to be the best ferrari ever made

Well, in this case Congratulation buddy. Hope you enjoy it in good health.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    LB said:

Well, in this case Congratulation buddy. Hope you enjoy it in good health.

gracias amigo

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:

Was was indicating to LB that he shouldn't get a SL65 You are lucky you guys have such things as "leasing" a car, we don't either you finance/cash purchase the car. The $320,000 USD price for the SL65 doesn't help much either. I got a trade-in value for the car last week and I can get $270,000 for it now, it's exactly 1 year old now with 5k miles...

That's only $10 per mile. Plus gas etc.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:

I do not believe that the power kit nor PDK will do anything to the resale of a manual equipped turbo. The cost of the PK is going to be too high to hurt the sales of the standard horsepower model. In fact, from a strictly resale point of view, the PK equipped model (not everyone wants to pay $18-20k for 30 h.p.) will suffer more, as do PCCB equipped cars. As is the case with most Porsches, having the right options is more important than having too many of the over priced ones. PSE is another matter because it can be retro-fitted.

Devo, sound advice. Most dealers will tell you there is little to no return on the PK and PCCB options.

BTW, we finally agree on something. You may qualify for the Starbuck's club.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

690850 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 2/8/23 9:20 AM
    RCA
    324362 1227
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/8/23 6:41 PM
    watt
    222464 1353
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 1/28/23 3:45 AM
    Spyderidol
    206748 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    187983 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 2/9/23 9:47 AM
    RCA
    133771 90
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    58668 68
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/25/22 1:02 AM
    CGX car nut
    484569 2663
    Porsche 992 GT3 2/9/23 1:01 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    480508 3808
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 1/21/23 3:51 PM
    CGX car nut
    234726 1491
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    232595 774
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    202587 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    198697 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 2/8/23 8:02 AM
    Leawood911
    197939 2071
    Porsche GT4RS 12/30/22 1:28 AM
    JAMS
    193028 1194
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    165675 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    162388 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    158486 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    145020 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 2/8/23 8:00 PM
    Super DariusM
    143593 538
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    139834 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    138862 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    137285 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 2/4/23 1:10 AM
    WhoopsyM
    130111 1576
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    108687 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    107503 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    105301 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    80485 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    32804 438
    Motor Sp. MotoGP 6/6/22 11:49 PM
    watt
    31888 328
    165 items found, displaying 1 to 30.