Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Explain to me the Reventon

    I clearly am not getting it. How does a car manufacturure rebody a car and add 10 hp and then charge another 1 million dollars for it? I could almost see if it had 750hp and weighed a 1000Lbs less than a Murci but this is just rediculous. Why would anyone pay for this? How on earth did they even come up with this price. I would have said it was too much at 550K much less 1.4. If we look at past previous million dollar plus cars like the Bugatti or the F1 they clearly had something special that was unlike any other car in the past. The Reventon is not only not better than other cars in it's category but it's just a redo of a very good sportscar not even a supercar.
    I can just see Lambo laughing as people actually pay for this thing. Yep we got em. Great marketing job fellas. At least Bugatti and McLaren did it by engineering brilliance.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    people pay for its exclusivity...I guess

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Yeah that's the trick of scarcity. Every marketer knows that old trick and that's all it is. Creating scarcity is what every used car salesman does. It's either going to become a great collectors car like the Bugatti or McLaren or it will be the biggest depreciating car in history. My guess is the latter.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    very limited production car

    Collectors car for sure, and in some years time they will be even more expensive!!!

    and of course, total exclusivity....

    If I had the money(because I already have the passion), no doubt I would jump into it!!

    An Ferrari Enzo would have been a great invest....Buy that car when it was launched, keep it in garage with no driving at all, and then selling it with no mileage done at all....And that is at least 300.000 Euro you have of benefit in only 3-4years.

    Correct me if I'm wrong !!

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    The Reventon is not ground breaking like the Enzo was.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    don't really care, I wouldn't buy one if I had the money..

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    very limited production car

    Collectors car for sure, and in some years time they will be even more expensive!!!

    and of course, total exclusivity....

    If I had the money(because I already have the passion), no doubt I would jump into it!!

    An Ferrari Enzo would have been a great invest....Buy that car when it was launched, keep it in garage with no driving at all, and then selling it with no mileage done at all....And that is at least 300.000 Euro you have of benefit in only 3-4years.

    Correct me if I'm wrong !!



    If you have passion (and the money) then why wouldn't you drive it instead of keeping it no mileage garagequeen with dust all over it...

    If you had the money and passion you wouldn't care about any benefits? would you?
    ...at least I wouldnt

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    I'd say you're missing a point. That car is about impression, in every possible way. The Murcielago is somewhat the "tamer" and even universally valid car.

    The Reventón is as much value for money as most lingerie that you'll find in Beverly Hills, if you solely look at the product itself. There are quite a few people, especially in growing markets, that intend to display their wealth by buying the appropriate products. Considering that the one-off Enzo-based P4/5 concept by Pininfarina costed a reported four millian bucks, the Reventón looks, well... reasonably priced.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Quote:
    Wild-Speed said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    very limited production car

    Collectors car for sure, and in some years time they will be even more expensive!!!

    and of course, total exclusivity....

    If I had the money(because I already have the passion), no doubt I would jump into it!!

    An Ferrari Enzo would have been a great invest....Buy that car when it was launched, keep it in garage with no driving at all, and then selling it with no mileage done at all....And that is at least 300.000 Euro you have of benefit in only 3-4years.

    Correct me if I'm wrong !!



    If you have passion (and the money) then why wouldn't you drive it instead of keeping it no mileage garagequeen with dust all over it...

    If you had the money and passion you wouldn't care about any benefits? would you?
    ...at least I wouldnt



    I completely agree!!!But I was saying this from an invest point of view!...


    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    For what you get for the money, it is a compelete ripoff, if this was a mass production car, it would definitely go down as a large failure from a residual value point of view.

    However, they can get away with it due to the very limited production. They are making what... 10? There are many people that would gladly pay double the price of the reventon to get a car that exclusive. This will garuantee that the owners have someone to sell to and the car retains its mystique.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    It's for sure an expensive bodykit
    But come on guys, see the positive side: teenagers will have a reventon poster in their rooms and dream about such cars. So thanks to Lambo, 20 years from now and despite global warming, traffic jams and radars everywhere, there will still be petrolheads

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    I think one thing that everyone forgets is that this would cost Lambo millions to build too. One off body design, one off wheels, one off interior etc. Now given that it is amortised over 10 or 20 cars...

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    That car is made for the wealthy Russians.

    Maybe I'll see one here soon. lol

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Nice way to generate capital for a company that still has some of its reputation left.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Yeah that's the trick of scarcity. Every marketer knows that old trick and that's all it is. Creating scarcity is what every used car salesman does. It's either going to become a great collectors car like the Bugatti or McLaren or it will be the biggest depreciating car in history. My guess is the latter.



    Exactly. Ferrari has been using that trick for years to sell their cars at inflated prices. Ferrari can make whatever they want, charge whatever they want, and they will always find buyers as long as it's low volume.

    David

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Take a Murci and bring it to a body-shop. After one week and apprx. 25k$ the car will look from outside exactly like that Reventon.

    So there is indeed no place for a one million Dollar pimp Murci - big bulls*** to me.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    ^^ correct, just take it to the "bangla-bashers". Wont even be able to tell the difference.

    if im not mistaken, Lambo says all the Reventons are already sold, right?

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Explain the Reventon?

    It's not worth the money.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    lol That's a good one Rossi!

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Take a Murci and bring it to a body-shop. After one week and apprx. 25k$ the car will look from outside exactly like that Reventon.

    So there is indeed no place for a one million Dollar pimp Murci - big bulls*** to me.



    +1

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    It's like buying a pen for Euro 2000. It doesn't really help you write any better, but it stops the bank from whining that your bank account is too full.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Had Lambo introduced a new engine and a new chassis I would've understood the price difference. But as it stands the Reventon reminds me alot of the SL V. SLR story. The only difference is that Lambo are going to build 20 car while Mercedes are going for 3,500 cars.

    I have no doubt that all Reventons are sold but I wouldn't buy one.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    as I've always said the Reventon is a complete rip-off, there is no exclusivity about that car

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    I clearly am not getting it. How does a car manufacturure rebody a car and add 10 hp and then charge another 1 million dollars for it? I could almost see if it had 750hp and weighed a 1000Lbs less than a Murci but this is just rediculous. Why would anyone pay for this? How on earth did they even come up with this price. I would have said it was too much at 550K much less 1.4. If we look at past previous million dollar plus cars like the Bugatti or the F1 they clearly had something special that was unlike any other car in the past. The Reventon is not only not better than other cars in it's category but it's just a redo of a very good sportscar not even a supercar.
    I can just see Lambo laughing as people actually pay for this thing. Yep we got em. Great marketing job fellas. At least Bugatti and McLaren did it by engineering brilliance.



    I can tell you exactly what this car is. They (VW) say they loose money with every Bugatti Veyron they produce. They would need to charge a lot more money to be profitable. Charging 1 million Euro for a fancy Murc is one way to make back some of the money lost on the Bugatti.

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    lol

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Quote:
    denn said:
    ...... it stops the bank from whining that your bank account is too full.



    Don't you just hate it when your bank does that!

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Quote:
    WAY said:
    I think one thing that everyone forgets is that this would cost Lambo millions to build too. One off body design, one off wheels, one off interior etc. Now given that it is amortised over 10 or 20 cars...


    exactly! the head lights, tail lights, bumpers, body and instrument cluster etc.. are all develloped for 20 cars only. these things are very expensive to manufacture. since i work in the plastic industry i can assure you that only to produce the head lights, an investment of 500k euro is needed in moulds. along with the development cost if you add the marketing cost , i am sure there is no profit left from the 20 presold cars.
    one of the 20 guys that got a reventon is a very good friend of mine, he sold it with 400k euro profit to a swedish guy..

    if i had the money i would buy it without the blink of an eye. its a ufo on wheels

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    WAY said:
    I think one thing that everyone forgets is that this would cost Lambo millions to build too. One off body design, one off wheels, one off interior etc. Now given that it is amortised over 10 or 20 cars...


    exactly! the head lights, tail lights, bumpers, body and instrument cluster etc.. are all develloped for 20 cars only. these things are very expensive to manufacture. since i work in the plastic industry i can assure you that only to produce the head lights, an investment of 500k euro is needed in moulds. along with the development cost if you add the marketing cost , i am sure there is no profit left from the 20 presold cars.
    one of the 20 guys that got a reventon is a very good friend of mine, he sold it with 400k euro profit to a swedish guy..

    if i had the money i would buy it without the blink of an eye. its a ufo on wheels



    how much would the molds for the body parts cost? considerin that every single body part was changed, id imagine it would be a lot. any estimate on how much?

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    i have no deep experience in the metal moulds, but it is considerable. there is also the wheels, the special glass engine bonnet. the fighter jet style electronic dashboard is also expensive IMO

    Re: Explain to me the Reventon

    Dimitri, Since when a Supercar is about headlights, instrument clusters and engine bonnets? Take an LP640 to any aftermarket tuner and they will transform it into ONE of a kind example for less than $1 mln.

    Gosh, for that price they might just be able to build you a proper UFO!

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    572946 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/23/22 1:43 PM
    Rossi
    222158 1179
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/22/22 5:24 AM
    watt
    111696 977
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/1/22 7:14 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    108060 405
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 1/3/22 7:55 AM
    Rossi
    89289 531
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    31407 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    511738 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    427188 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    424077 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    387727 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    364578 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/13/22 3:48 PM
    Grant
    347075 3536
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    289374 1587
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    137448 772
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 4/25/22 7:26 PM
    bluelines
    134633 1388
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    110719 209
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    109690 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    107449 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 5/19/22 5:11 PM
    Leawood911
    92518 1644
    Porsche GT4RS 5/20/22 8:12 AM
    d997h
    83688 938
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    75817 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    74755 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 12/15/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    70144 533
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    61623 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/4/22 7:10 AM
    GnilM
    54502 472
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 5/19/22 11:01 PM
    Grant
    53941 721
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 7/21/21 6:22 PM
    Topspeed
    53930 592
    Others Corvette C8 11/8/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    49802 442
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    26509 640
    AMG AMG plotting new SLR with hybrid power for 2018 launch 2/22/22 2:34 PM
    Topspeed
    24150 275
    224 items found, displaying 1 to 30.